Series 8, Episode 10

Requiem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 8, Episode 10

Post by Requiem »

Mystara wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 08:05 Thanks for filling in the gaps there. Your experience sounds very similar to my own - although I don't recall getting information about the edit time, I suspect it was more relevant to your team :)
No problem at all, it was a pleasure. I still don’t think any of us on the team were ever aware of just how little time left there was. Filming seemed to take long enough (time creeps when you’re a kid and flies when you’re not) and certainly at the time it felt like we travelled through plenty of rooms. I suppose the average for a full quests is around 25; we like you took the short cut so at best we’d have had around 16. I don’t recall how many made the final cut; it’s been too long. (I have it recorded from the time on VHS - still have the cassette, just no means of playing it ??? ). I do have a sense that at least two, possibly three rooms were cut however.

The only rooms I well-remember filming aside from the entrance was a clue room (I was told via the mic to press my shoulder against the far wall [i.e. the door] and I was doing - causing me to say aloud quite crossly, ‘I am!’) and the CoB.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Requiem wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 20:20 Speaking of forgotten memories, it stands to reason that Alan and I met all those summers ago - even though I can’t recall it.
Indeed we did. But of course, they did their best to keep consecutive teams apart as much as possible so that we didn't share anything with each other.

I recall you chaps congratulating us when we had won. I think we were on the way back from lunch maybe :)
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

So the final episode of what was (sadly) to be the last series. :'(
Team 6 resumed after their short-cut and unlocked the door, then dodged the fireballs quite neatly.
They encountered Hordriss who was held in a trap by LF. The Crown was also in sight on a ledge. At the third time of asking they used their potion, releasing a paladin which LF was unable to defeat. LF fled.... :D
Dunstan collected the Crown and Hordriss led him back to Treguard's ante-room. :)
:idea: Personally, i didn't agree with the idea of a short-cut, but i think it's wrong that some people have criticised the team over this. The producers invented the idea of a short-cut, not the team.

Team 7 began the quest for the shield and went straight into the level 1 clue-room. They nearly made a critical mistake in their clue object choice, prevented only by very heavy prompting from Treguard. ::)
Returned the magic book to Sidriss and received a "CREEP" spell, which could be used to charm Smirky. It worked and they received a "BURST" spell, which they used to negate the super-fast blades in the CoB. They only had a short series of blades, but advisor Anthony gave a superb example of how to guide a dungeoneer thru it. :)
In the clue-room they chose the pills and the "sight" potion, but then in the next chamber their quest was cut-off due to end of season.
Team 7 didn't have very much game time. At least the "undefeated" teams in series 2-6 had reasonable length quests.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D