Series 7 - Episode 15

Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1556
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:59 am
Location: Manchester

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Malefact » Fri May 21, 2004 9:56 pm

Porsmond wrote: OK Firstly, let me say this about Barry's Quest.

Barry RULES, Thats all there is to say. After viewing this quest for the first time again years, I cannot begin to express how brilliant and funny he was.
The guiding by his team were spot on, he often got into lenghty conversations with many people including Smirkenorff which was great to see and the way he was praticlly guiding himself round the dungeon without his friends was amazing especially at the start going through the dwarf tunnels and giving his team a running commentary(hilarious).

However It does seem that Barry dies a few times. Examples

The Fireball Room - Is it me or when Barry reaches the middle part of the room to pick something up, fireballs move across the room catching him???Should he not die from this, he was there for a good little while and a few fireballs definatly came across his path which I thought should kill him so were the fireballs harmless???

The Short Cut Room - If you watch carefully, Barry's lifeforce is all skeletion when he is standing pretty much next to the table, It then cuts back to the advisors and then its cuts back and he is suddenly under the running tap and a drop of water quickly drops to relieve him, Surely a big let off here.

The corridor of Blades - I'm sorry but he definatly died here, he just doesnt get up in time to move and when watched carefully, the blade clearly catches him(Anyone able to cature a screenshot???)

Obviously they were let off twice though because its the final episode and why bother putting out a new team for only 10 mins or so, it just wouldnt be worth it.

However was the Winning factor fixed as well and does it set a unfair example to the end team in Series 4, As you may or may not know, they were cruely denied victory because the season had ended but they were only 2-3 rooms from victory, I know this team were let off big time as well, but why couldnt the episode slighty overun or rooms cut out so this team also had a chance of winning. I just think after seeing Barry win and the team in Series 4 not winning, Its really unfair to the other team.

Oh Well Series 8 this coming Monday, I cant wait and then Series 1 on June 7th, I am literally druelling with excitement seeing it from the start, Its gonna be amazing
In the Fireball Room I think he had a Fireproof potion.

Short Cut Room - well, the Life Force was added on in post-production, anyway.

Corridor Of Blades - since they were close to the end and the makers (you know who you are ;)) wanted to end the series on a high, they were let off.


Notwithstanding all of the above, I'm more sure than ever that a little bit of fixing was involved.
Subject to change.

User avatar
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:49 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by TheBrollachan » Sat May 22, 2004 7:59 am

Obviously people have forgotten about the moving blocks room where Barry was doing a great balancing act - standing over the edge of the drop with just his heels touching the floor. Also there was a point where he wasn't touching the floor but was floating, however the camera had conveniantly cut to show the advisors watching him on the monitor.

Also on Play Your Cards Right the last card he choose was the joker yet the previous team choose the other card. Does it mean that any team could pick either of the two last cards and get across, or was he allowed to live?

Maybe they should have filmed him and his advisors casting an IMMORTAL spell towards the start of the quest, as he did cheat death at least 3 times.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.

KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:38 am
Location: Norfolk, UK
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by KFan » Sat May 22, 2004 8:49 am

HStorm wrote: Yeah, Barry did get away with one in the Corridor of Blades. That's yet another point that can be made in Dunstan's defence in S8.
Treguard made the corridor of blades sound "near-inpossible' in series 8. 'This can only be the entrance to the dreaded corridor of blades'. There was a greater need for a spell/potion to see obviously, but Treguard didn't say a word when Barry entered the coridoor of blades, and it didn't even have a recognisable entrance like series 8!

Good episode, brought back memories of the troll breaking its head through the floor, wonder how they did that effect. Anyway, Barry's quest was sooo fixed, it was obvious from the start.

The goblin falling off the ledge in play your cards right was good, and classic Barry. I can't believe their quest took so long mind you, they spent an entire episode in level 3!

HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:12 pm
Location: Salford, UK
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by HStorm » Sat May 22, 2004 11:41 am

It didn't even have a recognisable entrance
I reckon the term "SHORT CUT" on the door made it pretty obvious where Barry was heading.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.

Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 4:43 pm
Location: England

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Pipmuk » Sat May 22, 2004 12:16 pm

What was great was Rohmanna's bid for Reality TV fame:

"I'm a princess warrior... Get Me Out Of Here"


It was a bit fixed.... he did deserve the shield because he got right to the end of the dungeon, albeit a little fiddling with the game. I wonder if Barry himself knew about it.

Cant think of any more..... but roll on Series 8!!!

Johnro
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:17 am

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Johnro » Sat May 22, 2004 12:50 pm

Was it me or did he have a heart attack again when Brother Strange said Greetings to him in the COB? ;D

Purgatory
Knight
Knight
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:01 pm
Location: East England

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Purgatory » Sat May 22, 2004 2:10 pm

So He died 3 times, (fireball, life force blades)
Allowed to choose the wrong card in the PYCR
Won the shield without even unlocking it from the magic cube.
Wouldn't a reverse spell counter everything that had happened? It uundo everything he had done.
The quest in season 4 if you remember the team was giving more 'puzzle' rooms in level 3 then the other season 4 teams, they had B n T,blades Transported pad all in a row almost.
No Lord fear to kill him off in the 'quest object room' ?

One of the most entertaining quest.
Probs the worst quest.
The most unfair quest.

Oh and if you look at the shield in the quest room in the cube it looked like the eye shield.. so this was planned from the best start.

And how did they return the eye shield for the next season if it was lost or replaced?

;D A let off in the blades was understood, with seen smiler in the past.. to close to judge give the team the benefit of the doubt, no excuse for the falling life force or cards.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery

LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:44 pm
Location: The Black Tower Of Goth
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by LordF » Sat May 22, 2004 3:06 pm

The reason he didn't die in the fireball room is because he used a Fire proof potion to protect him against Fireballs.

I hope that clears that one up.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear

Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:24 pm
Location: Chester

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Lowebo » Sat May 22, 2004 5:45 pm

Mephisto wrote: So He died 3 times, (fireball, life force blades) As said, fireballs = fireproof, life force = post production, blades = too close for guarantee death
Allowed to choose the wrong card in the PYCRNot really, Julie's team chose the correct one, but why have a joker card at all? I think that the last cards option was just to make them think!!
Won the shield without even unlocking it from the magic cube.Oh, come on! In S6 with the Lightning Rod the team weren't given trophies (that we could see, and was for sword), but as you say yourself, the shield of justice is a golden eye shield - as the dungeon is about Chivalry, isn't it right they win?
Wouldn't a reverse spell counter everything that had happened? It uundo everything he had done.This is just picky, and i'm guessing you hated Barry's team??
No Lord fear to kill him off in the 'quest object room' ?Because of Lord Fear not knowing about the Troll Hammer? See Last team S6, he let them get on with it because he didn't think there would be an antechamber to return to

One of the most entertaining quest.THE Most Entertaining
Probs the worst quest.Rubbish. They chose the correct objects, dealt with tricky situations - hands and his alcohol, the PYCR, the TBS (he could also have done steps like Naila's team (I think Naila)
The most unfair quest.How So? Explanations for deaths are above, and no quest can be fixed, just 'Helped'.

Oh and if you look at the shield in the quest room in the cube it looked like the eye shield.. so this was planned from the best start.Intended that if they got this far they would have to choose?? Really???

And how did they return the eye shield for the next season if it was lost or replaced?Treguard sent his mum in for it

;D A let off in the blades was understoodthen why mention it?! hehe, with seen smiler in the past.. to close to judge give the team the benefit of the doubt, no excuse for the falling life force or cards.There is, and i've given it
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.

User avatar
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:49 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by TheBrollachan » Sat May 22, 2004 6:46 pm

Personally I would rather of had Barry's team doing a proper quest with the news about the troll, and probably let him win if they use the fact that Lord Fear wasn't bothered.

Then send a final team to find the troll hammer, prehaps tell them the Hordiss had one. That way Barry's quest wouldn't have been pointlessly stretched, and a quest to retrieve the troll hammer could be made as long or short as needed if a particular character had it.

Just my opinion, but there is no way to change what happened years ago.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.

FrightKnight
Knight
Knight
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:22 am
Location: Doom Fortress
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by FrightKnight » Sat May 22, 2004 6:58 pm

Well, not unless you took a 'fast-rewind'- potion yourself...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 2202
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: The Hundred Acre Wood near Winnie The Pooh :)
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by MoanaLiza » Sat May 22, 2004 8:43 pm

The Brollachan wrote:Maybe they should have filmed him and his advisors casting an IMMORTAL spell towards the start of the quest, as he did cheat death at least 3 times.
Or maybe a CAT spell. "Okay Barry you have nine lives, so that should give you enough to save the dungeon then."
HStorm wrote:
It didn't even have a recognisable entrance
I reckon the term "SHORT CUT" on the door made it pretty obvious where Barry was heading.
Oh yeah, I didn't think of that.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 22, 2004 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"

HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:12 pm
Location: Salford, UK
Contact:

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by HStorm » Sat May 22, 2004 9:27 pm

The Brollachan wrote: Personally I would rather of had Barry's team doing a proper quest with the news about the troll, and probably let him win if they use the fact that Lord Fear wasn't bothered.
What?! No way! Can you imagine anything more boring than a quest where no one's even trying to stop the dungeoneer winning?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.

Purgatory
Knight
Knight
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:01 pm
Location: East England

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Purgatory » Sat May 22, 2004 11:52 pm

Barry fell off the edge in the fire ball room,
The blades i already said that a let off was understood.
And as for the life force.. thats no reason for them not to have been killed off...if thats the case then a team could do the whole thing with out the aid of food... if post production is the answer.

Unfair because they were left of and it was fixed, it was fixed i remember Barry him self telling us about it.
Worse quest.. they won by cheating..

No i quite enjoyed the quest, the team were good looking at it in a professional manner the team sucked.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery

Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:24 pm
Location: Chester

Re:Series 7, Ep 15

Post by Lowebo » Sun May 23, 2004 8:17 am

Fire ball room: i'll re watch today, but ok i can accept that point =) As far as life force issue - when has a team died from lack of LF (not Lord F!!) when food/dripping water has been nearby - admittedly they were given a couple of seconds on it, but i know i would not have twigged to go for the water immediately - earlier in the series a team had avoided the water remember? Not too sure i understand the last sentence, but, at the end of the day, they were the best team ever in the dungeon at interacting, and didn't do anything that especially warranted their death. It's not like they just walked over the fireball room gaps deliberately!! hehe
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.

Post Reply