LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 7 Epi 11

Post by Billy »

I was watching the opening credits when I noticed the spike bit, and thought it was a neat idea for a Knightmare puzzle- a sort of opposite version of the Trial by Spikes, where you are given the combination to the squares that DO have spikes pop out. Anyways, onto the episode proper. I loved the bit with Sly Hands getting stark raving drunk on 'Heggaty's Dungeon Juice' (nice blast from the past there!) and his rendition of 'Ten Dead Goblins Sitting On A Wall', plus Julie turning into a giant black cat and back again, and this exchange from Rothberry and Julie:
"Remember my name, Rothberry the..."
"...alchemist?"
The Brollachan looked cool as ever, if a little pointless. What's the point of a wall monster who doesn't know the answer to the questions it asks? Still, I didn't know the third one either, although I did get the first two.
(By the way, anyone notice that shortened Brain Buzz advert seems to ALWAYS link into part 2 of Knightmare? Strange.)
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Great episode today! That bit where they got Sylvester Hands drunk was classic! ;D

The black cat appears again in this episode. I wonder how they got it to sit still? If my cats were put in a blue-screen studio in front of bright lights, they'd close their eyes and run away! I liked how it frightened away Raptor though - but should have been a disspellable spell ;)

Although I know what happens to this team in the end, I really thought they were going to die on Trial by Spikes! The suspenseful music they play, combined with the goblin horns getting louder, reminds me of what happened to the last team who died on Trial by Spikes. They should save that music for when a dungeoneer is about to get killed off, IMO.

One more thing - did anyone notice the small hole in the latex of Smirkenoff's wing? Judging by the way it was shining under the lights, it looks like it had been patched up once - but the patch fell off ;)
Oddly, the dragon flight at the end didn't seem to have this hole in the wing. Perhaps it was an earlier recording?
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Hands got drunk.

What else is new?

Trail by Spikes = Deadly.

Lord Fear = Mean as ever.

What else is new?
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I also liked the bit between Rothberry and Julie, at least they managed to say 'apothecary' in the end. Anyway onto the troll, I can't believe that they really needed to use the powder to help Julie get past the troll. I thought that they would've been able to get past it anyway. Another thing about the troll, in the dwarf tunnels you hear the troll walking sometimes and so the team somewhat start to panic and so they get the dungeoneer the rush. Just a thought though, I can't believe that a troll would fit in a dwarf tunnel!

I liked the bit with Sly and Julie. Did he make anyone else jump when he jumped out of the picture?

I thought that they were good on TBS, must be the only team to get on with the puzzle without any hints nor help from Treguard. They were also qick and well ahead. They didn't seem to panic as much as others. With TBS though, what would've happened if a dungeoneer had went between spikes, walking along the edges of the squares?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

instant death?
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Even if they were out of the spikes reaching distance? Or were the spikes to big for them to do that?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

It not to bad, but twice they were what to do (take magic and objects)

On the other hand they were quick thinking when dealing with hands, (using the already placed mugs)
And did the spikes okay..

Now we have had about 3 different titles for the spikes.. so which one is it???
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I think that it was an open quest with the objects as they were not told a specific one to choose!

I admit Hands did make me jump!

And as for the Brollachan, I keep on expecting him to say "Suffering Sucotash!"
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Odd sound effect when Sly hands appeared from the mural, wasn't it?
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Yeah, very strange. I don't think it was really needed lol, except maybe to surprise viewers. That scene was very very funny and always makes me laugh - and I remembered it quite well as I had that episode on video for a while after it'd been shown on CITV.

Conversation with Lord Fear and Sly was very funny too, and the scene with "You've turned into a big black cat, Juleh!"

Excellent episode *double thumbs up* ;D
Pipmuk
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Pipmuk »

Incase you're wondering, Castor's brother is called (i dearly hope i dont make a typo) Pollux (or it may be Pollox, cant remember) ;D
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Personally I thought it was granulated or icing as in sugar.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Or he could have said CUSTER instead of Castor, in which case the answer could have been Sitting Bull.
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Just seen it again (in 2005) and it's still as brilliant as it first was.

Getting Slyvester Hands drunk has to be one of the best comedy moments in Knightmare! Especially when he tried to make her sing. :D

And the jumping out of the mural made me jump too!

I SERIOUSLY thought they wouldn't get past the Trial by Spikes, especially when the music came on.
Phew, *calms down* :)
Last edited by Becxsmagic on 26 Nov 2005, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Whereever you go, there you are