Series 7 - Episode 10

JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 7 - Episode 10

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Can anybody tell me what this team did wrong? (The series guides don't make it very clear).
Last edited by Drassil on 06 Jan 2011, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title adjusted to aid identification.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 7, Team 5: What did they do wrong?

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

I think they had to throw the darkness powder under the stools in order to reveal some missing letters of the spell.

Either that or throw the powder in the trial by spikes chamber to escape the troll.

The scroll clue was about throwing things over your shoulder.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

They were definitely supposed to use the darkness thingmywhatsit to reveal a letter (or more than one?) of the spell they would need. I haven't watched the video lately, but I suppose it's debatable whether they needed it to deal with the troll, or whether the troll was just imported because they didn't have the spell they'd need in a few rooms time, so there was no point in continuing.

There's more discussion of it on one of the unfair death threads. And on the old forum, as I remember.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

It was definitely the room with the stools they needed to use the darkness powder, since there was no letter there. Majida even pointed out about the fact that there was no letter.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Series 7 Episode 10

Post by LordF »

Discuss...
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 Episode 10

Post by Tom41 »

Good ep today, I liked Sylvester Hands' "DAYORF" - that's a classic ;D.

Why didn't they use the Darkness powder in the room with the two stools, rather than making him sit on the stools? I think the room would have darkened down apart from a shadow where the letter was, rather like some rooms in series 1 and 2. Or perhaps they had to use it in the spike room. If only the troll hadn't been in the way, perhaps they would have been able to see that there was a spike right in front of him.

I wonder what the spell word would have been, and if they would have had to spellcast it?

Looks like the new team didn't know how to pronounce 'Apothecary' ;)

Couple of glitches. There seemed to be something in front of the dungeoneer as he went into the spike room. Also, you could see a blue halo around the maid's hair near the beginning of the episode.

On Challenge? you can tell when the episode is about to end by looking for the Next> Bruces Price Is Right indicator under the logo on the top right. Sort of spoils the surprise for the Time Out...
Still, they kept in the full ending, even the gag about Majida's nose being taken off ;D
Last edited by Tom41 on 14 May 2004, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

And so another team loses out to the Trial By Spikes. Anyone know what the spell was? We had the letters C and I, then they missed one due to not using the darkness powder, and then D. So we had CI_D. What could that have been? On another note, what exactly did Sly Hands' sign say? DAYORE or DAYORF?
Still, we're onto Julie's team now. They seem to know their stuff: When they heard the horn sound, they instantly knew it was goblins, and they knew how to handle a spyglass. And we saw a Pooka again! Haven't seen one of them since...well, Series 6! The encounter with Rothberry was pretty funny, but how long did it take for Romahna to be captured by Raptor? It must have been 10, 20 seconds between the time she walked off and when the team learnt of her capture. And the silly girl had even been warned! Add to that the fact that she's already been captured by Sly Hands a few episodes back...geez. Oh well. I noticed recently that in all the series shown by Challenge so far, an all-girl team has yet to win. Will this team triumph? Who knows!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

It was 'DAYORF' as LF had given him a "Dayorf". Was it me or did the Ben's team seem to slack towards the end. They didn't make a mess of TBS like Naila's team did, but they were still slow. Surely with the troll approaching closely behind and rapidly gaining and with the prompts they would've perhaps sped up a little more. Was I right in hearing Treguard say something about magic in the room with the two stools in? Anyway fun stuff with Julie's team including with them trying to pronounce 'Apothecary' (trying saying that with your mouth full) with Romanha. I loved the bit with Rothberry and the blown-up potion. Went something like "I was going to give you a Tue sight potion, but it blew up"... ;D. Question. Has anyone else felt like gagging Magida or wish that shed freeze with 'Timeout' at the end of each ep? Especially due to her somewhat seeming to give one or two spoilers away!

Just a note; considering that s7 started off really slow we now have only one week (5 episodes) left. This series has gone quite quickly.
Last edited by Anonymous on 14 May 2004, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dunshelm »

My favourite bit was the bit where Treguard goes 'It comes, It comes'
Sends a shiver down my spine.
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

In the room with the stools I reckon that there may have been 2 letters which would have been revealed with the darkness powder, prehaps one letter on each stool.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

What i didn't like, was we never got the see the spike shoot up right though the team thanks to the troll >:(
now that would have been nasty.. but the could hear it shoot from the floor as they died... ;D

That Darkness stuff was Little odd, I'm surprised Treguard didn't give out more clues.
Really has been a great season so far,

And Raptor is a pirate? No wonder ::)

Them Troll have really caused some harm, two kills thanks to the trolls.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

Nice to see the return of the Pooka but the end was spoilt by that stupid wittering announcer.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Watch the overnight version of the show (note that as of this week it is 1:30am). Sorry I forgot that some of you might have better things to do... ...like getting some sleep.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
jayts88
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by jayts88 »

The early morning version is definitely the route to go if you're recording these shows for posterity. No voice overs or "Next Bruce's Price Is Right"'s!!

;D
"Oh great, I ask for a seneschal, they send me a tadpole."
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

The spell has always annoyed me in a sort of 'what the hell was it' type of way.

CI _ D

It's probably around 6 letters long based on level length and I have been through the names of all the arthurian legends I can think of.

CINDER is the only word I can think of that even vaguely fits.

argh.

anyone who knows or has any other ideas, please let me know?

(incidentally, from what i remember, this is the team with one of the hottest advisors. one in the 'jazzy' t-shirt. hehe)