Series 7 Episode 7 *Half Way*

LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Series 7 Episode 7 *Half Way*

Post by LordF »

Discuss todays Episode and your thoughts of Series 7 so far.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Ocarina
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 7 Episode 7 *Half Way*

Post by Ocarina »

It was a bit sad, poor kids froze up in FEAR just before he hit the wrong card and plummetted to his doom :(
They were doing so well, too.

(hopes she is talking about the right episode)
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Well, bye bye Team 3. And they were doing so WELL! Looking back at the Play Your Cards Right Puzzle, it seems to simply be a variation of a great little card game called 'Chase the Twos', where you have to put down cards that are either A) the same suit, or B)the same number. This team did start to panic a little near the end (then again, who could blame them- they were close to winning, a goblin was approaching and the sight spell didn't seem to work) but in the end they followed suit and lost, which is what Team 1 didn't do...and lost. But all in all, PYCR seems fairly simple. On a different note, the Brollachan looked GREAT at the start of the episode, and the way his mouth moves correctly in time to the speech (most of the time) is pretty good, too. Still, onto Naila's team now. They haven't done that much so far, save for a very minor 'Sidestep left-right!' incident. The bit where Rothberry ate one of the bat droppings was a neat little bizarre moment, though.

Onto the Series so far, then...well, worra lorra changes! I wasn't too sure of the Brollachan at the start of it, yet he's definately grown on me since then, one of my favourite members of 'the new class' as I just called them half a second ago (and I'm not talking about Saved By The Bell!). As for Majida...well, she's not as annoying as I remembered, although I wish Treguard would concentrate more on the quest itself instead of banter, banter, banter (and stop giving out so many clues!). Raptor's hardly appeared, especially in comparison to Skarkill in S5 & 6, although I guess this is because Cliff Barry mainly did Lissard, and the constant putting on/removing of makeup took to long to warrant more appearances. Rothberry's very funny, always a delight to see him in a quest, Figjit's replaced Motley for absolutely no reason at all, Romahna's an OK replacement for Elita, Marta's also OK, whilst Grimaldine and Brother Strange seem pretty neat. I do like Goth, it looks very pretty, and the hourglasses at the start and end of each phase are a neat touch. I wish Treguard would say something other than "Welcome, watchers. The path opens in a few moments, but first, let's see what company we keep" at the start of every single episode, though. Overall, despite having second thoughts at the start, this is another great series, if a little easy!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I did manage to tune in right as Alex fell in PYCR. Anyway you've covered quite a bit that I can think of there Billy. Hmm Ole Sly seems to have adapted a knew image and got himself some new clothes. Well maybe not new ones but a hand-me-down from Ridolfo! Also me thinks that Marta is leaning forward a bit to much *wonders how many guys will end up looking like bobble-eyed fish before this season's finished*.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Hands was good in this episode.

Now PYCR isn't as simpler as it my look..
For a start if you not played cards before, then u'll have to do some working out.. which as we have seen can result in death.. But remember each team is seeing this game for the 1st time, at least in S7 the teams should be familiar with it.
Now i thought the whole point of the new helmet was to allow for these sight spells... well he still wasn't able to see.. couldn't even see the floor... i really don't understand what the spell is meant to do.

But you have to like some of theses new puzzles this season, the cards, spikes and we have seen 2 versions of that moving platform. one with fireballs and without.
Also it is good to bring back the Trolls and wall monster.
All the new characters are a nice welcome.. Fidget is indeed a load of garbage.. thank god they brought mack motley for S8. Seem to little of Raptor to really decide but i don't like his style of goblin keeping.
Brother strange is also as pointless as Fidget.

Anyway this season is indeed a very good one.. more tension than the last.. but maybe alittle dull with out the Hauntings, and the lack of use of the Goblins.

The only reason it's easy because they keep getting let off. this team who was killed on the PYCR should have died on the Trial of spikes . so I'm kinda pleased they had falling. I wonder what his potions were used for???
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Still don't know why they changed it to 'Sly Hands', doesn't have the same ring to it.
sda
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sda »

Why does Majida just sit there, mostly in silence, oblivious to the action? Pickle could never shut up!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Prehaps she was told that until she perfected the accent she couldn't say anything... ...OK maybe not.

Interesting the sudden unexpected appearance of the Brollachan at the start. Why did the team say that the Brollachan was being kept in the troll pens when it said that it had escaped from there? (or did I imagine that)

Sly Hands must have a short memory, I'm sure the second team told him that they were a dungeoneer but that it was a new helmet. Yet he didn't realise that the new team was a dungeoneer because of the helmet.

(Edited due to a typo)
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 12 May 2004, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

sda wrote: Why does Majida just sit there, mostly in silence, oblivious to the action? Pickle could never shut up!
This is a very unusual complaint. Most fans get annoyed that Majida would never be quiet.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

uh huh!

*Waits for the inevitable pain doled out by Hstorm for dissing his 'love'*
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No need to worry, 'Cat, there's nothing too offensive about "uh huh".

Mind you, my new girlfriend's callsign on MSN is "Majida", so not wanting to appear unfair...

*Chucks Ben Nevis on Snowcat's left front paw.*

See? I only dumped it on your foot, not your braincase! ;D
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

*Hopping around with one paw now flat and the size of a coffe table*

Damn you, ye bloom'n Sassenach half breed! oh, haud on a sec :-X

*Checks his own family tree, spots some ancient Irish descent*

Huh?? A blue faced leprechaun?!? AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I'm a "Sassenach half breed" am I? LOL, I like that one!
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

well... ;)

Contrary to popular belief (even up here), 'Sassenach' DOESN'T mean 'Englishman', it actually means 'Lowlander'!

IE Anyone born South of Stirling or so. Including me...... :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I was led to understand while I was living in Glasgow that Sassenach meant "Foreigner" in fact. It's derived from the word "Saxon", which is why everyone confuses its meaning with "Englishman".

But we're straying ever so slightly from the topic I suspect...