Series 5 - Episode 12

JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 5 Episode 12 (Fri 14th)

Post by JamesA »

Just to ensure that after the recent muddle on Wednesday, things are nicely back on track.

So how do you think Alex's team will fare? And remember, no giving the game away until both 10am and 7pm shows have finished!
Ta ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Johnr
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 12 (Fri 14th)

Post by Johnr »

Haha!  I feel so stupid with myself now - I was just laid on the floor watching Knightmare ( ;)) and then my whole body literally shook when the dungoneer fell to doom  :o - Wasn't expecting it at all!

(The team must have made a mistake earlier on, I've never seen other teams limited by time on causeways.  A little unfair really)

Should they be allowed to use a spell twice?  
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

The causeway was slightly surprising seeing as they knew the combo and as far as I could tell then they were doing well.  Bit disappointing as they were quite a good team really. Oh well, Christopher's team is on now and in the next episode or the one after we will see a truely hilarious moment but I wont give too much away ;D
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

I liked this episode, had a few funny and odd moments

So Team 6 with Alex, they tryed to used a spell and it didnt work, Now I thought if you used it in the wrong place, than tough and you die or you lose the spell, Surely you cant use it twice??Was this edited??

Now I thought their death seemed terribly unfair, It seems they were timed on the causeway yet others havent in this series. Also I dont think they were slow, they went through it at a good pace and it would have only taken one more step forward to get to the next square. Also I thought maybe he had steped half way onto the next block which made the current block fall but he is still clearly on the block that falls.

Current Team are funny, just looked at the Series Link and cant believe they lasted 40 mins.  For starters two of the advisors(The one on the left and middle HAVE NOT SAID A WORD YET) Its all been the boy on the right guiding Chris and he might as well be there on his own.

Also loved it in the lift going down

Advisor - Well Chris, It seems you're going down in a lift with windows going past
Chris - Where am I(As if he didnt hear them)
Advisor - You're going down in a lift

Also could Chris really not read the Scroll in the Inn, Its right under him for heaven sakes, and I thought you could see things just under you, yet even when he stood up and tryed to have a good look, he still couldnt read it.

Oh Well, Roll on Monday for the next episode :)
Last edited by Porsmond on 14 Nov 2003, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I liked this episode, had a few funny and odd moments

So Team 6 with Alex, they tryed to used a spell and it didnt work, Now I thought if you used it in the wrong place, than tough and you die or you lose the spell, Surely you cant use it twice??Was this edited??

Now I thought their death seemed terribly unfair, It seems they were timed on the causeway yet others havent in this series. Also I dont think they were slow, they went through it at a good pace and it would have only taken one more step forward to get to the next square. Also I thought maybe he had steped half way onto the next block which made the current block fall but he is still clearly on the block that falls.
The skull they used the spell on first time definatly had a jaw that moved up and down so maybe therefore they thought it was a voice?.  I think maybe thats why they were let of there.  

As for the death I think maybe it was a bit harsh but then again maybe it was harsh due to the 2 previous mistakes of getting 2 questions wrong and using the spell in the wrong place.  Maybe after that they had to be perfect.
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Some questions for the KM posse:

1: Elita didn't ride with them on Smirky.  So how did she end up in Level 2?

2 Was it my eyesight or did Elita moon the dungeoneer?
You wouldn't get away with that nowadays on kids shows!

3  Why did they get to cast BAG twice?

4 Why did they die on the causeway?  There was no indication of the time they had to cross safely.  I think that's really unfair >:(
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

without the timing I think this time had the potential to get to Level 3 or maybe even win possibly. I think the timed causeway was a horribly unfair way to kill them off and I dont see why they needed to be
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Some questions for the KM posse:
2 Was it my eyesight or did Elita moon the dungeoneer?
You wouldn't get away with that nowadays on kids shows!

4 Why did they die on the causeway?  There was no indication of the time they had to cross safely.  I think that's really unfair >:(
2 She was looking for her voice and bent over to see if she could see it. She didn't moon.

The broadcasting companies were strict then on what they showed on tele for youngins, so she definately didn't moon. I think they were stricter then they are now though.

4 They had already moved along on that hexagon and stopped that's why it fell with them on it. They needed to move off it onto the next one when they started to move.

I hope I've gotten my point accross though :)!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I still think it was cruel when they werent given the slightest warning. Sarah's team were awfully boring and really slow and they got all the time in the world to do things yet this team got axed for a couple of extra seconds on a tile
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

It seems like this (Chris's) team and the second (Richard's) team are very young. They must be amoungst the youngest teams. The younger teams must have found it quite hard though and been pretty nervous, so they were probably bound to panic more. The last team (Alex's) were a lot older. The older teams like them seemed to have more confidence and tended not to panic as much though. I don't know what happened with Simon's (s4) team though. I think it was just a case of them being hopeless. I'm surprised they managed to even make it to the studio though, as Treguard said that they were never really good at manouvering. I wonder if they managed to get back to Swansea okay or if they got lost on the way!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

well thank god.
after cheating twice they should have been killed off long before the causeway.   it wasn't unfair.. they where just to slow.  and cheated twice.

Maybe the new team just can't read
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I notice that Chris was wearing glasses (if you look at the series 5 guides) I didn't see whether or not he took them off when he put the helmet on. I have to wear glasses as I could barely see past the end of my nose without them. Also there has been a few mentions that the sound quality (what the dungeoneer was hearing) was sometimes poor, where the dungeoneer couldn't always hear properly what was being said to them. That was probably why Chris asked where he was when the advisor had already told him.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I still think it was cruel when they werent given the slightest warning. Sarah's team were awfully boring and really slow and they got all the time in the world to do things yet this team got axed for a couple of extra seconds on a tile
I'm sure sure on that. Certainly in the final edit it looks that way, but as Jenna and Andrea have recently said in other posts, their causeway attempt was fairly heavily edited with a lot of their decision-making and Treguard's warnings to hurry up edited out. I suspect the same is true here- in any case, the fact they seemed fairly quick in the final edit is no guarantee they were actually sufficiently speedy. Plus, as other people have said, despite being a likeable team, they had made mistakes beforehand, so perhaps this was just the final straw, or they were being tested to the letter after being given a reprieve earlier.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I liked Team 6 a lot, so I was sad to see them go. As someone else said, their death really is a bit of a surprise. You somehow don't expect that block to fall, especially as the earlier teams have always had time to move to the next block, even if that one turned out to be lethal!

A very nice spyglass scene again this episode. I'm enjoying them now, even if they don't really add a huge amount to the gameplay.

The scene with Elita getting her voice back is one of my favourites in Series 5. The team thinking Elita's voice insulting them is a question is great, and I do like Elita's little speech when she realises "It's Back!". Even Pickle's little comment about her is rather funny.

I didn't like Treguard and Pickle's excessive hints about using the divining rod, and as I've said, I was sad to see the team die. It's strange how some teams are more likeable than others, and how most of us on here seem to have a consensus on teams we like and dislike.

Team 7 are funny, and I'm looking forward to... well, anyone who knows what's coming will know what I'm looking forward to seeing again. The little exchange in the Descender is very funny, and they do strike you as a little hapless from the start, from the reluctant-to-speak advisors to Chris. the dungeoneer, who can't manage to read a menu that's right in front of him.

Nice episode ending too despite my dislike of "pantomime elements".
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Thanks for answering my questions GG.

You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)