Series 5 - Episode 9

Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 9 (Fri. 7th)

Post by Dunshelm »

in my view the final puzzle was far too easy.
The roman numerals bit should have been harder, there should have been a situation where it came to 6 and they had to choose between VI or IV.
hey- some people don't know!
I agree, a corridor of blades, just after the hordriss room would have been a lot better and tested the teams mettle fairly.
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

in my view the final puzzle was far too easy.
The roman numerals bit should have been harder, there should have been a situation where it came to 6 and they had to choose between VI or IV.
hey- some people don't know!
*Looks at Grandfather (sorry Grandmother) clock* I can never remember which is which and get confused. I didn't manage to see the end of the quest Yesterday thanks to our local council's bright ideas, Friday, only a few weeks til Christmas, the bus stopping at literally every single stop, some road resurfacing, etc. etc. I managed to catch the end of the episode though. I have seen the end of the quest (second half of the causeway) though (big thankyou to Illusion 8)).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

I thought Level 3 was pretty short compared with others who reached that point.  Then again their quest was 50 minutes in and they had just entered Winteria.

Did anyone think the "Give a dog a bone" meant Festus or Mrs G?

And why did they only need the green gem?  Unless Elita or Hordriss would be offended by the dagger neither that or the gold had any relevance to the quest.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Yeah hi, I'm here! (Jenna - dungeoneer of current team!)
WOW, Hi Jenna, Its great to be in the company of a Dungeoneer who was actually on Knightmare, prehaps I should havew guessed it was someone from the show by your screen name ;)  Incidently Do we have any more people who was on Knightmare on these forums?? ??

Incidently I think you girls had a pretty tough challenge, The Level 1 clue room was complicated and seemed to indicate you should not take or open the box(at least thats what I thought) Also I can see how the causeway you got was probably slighty confusing and seemed a little unfair for Level 1 but thats the way it goes I guess.

Also Jenna, Did you recieve anything just for being on Knightmare or was gifts/prizes only given to winners??
Last edited by Porsmond on 09 Nov 2003, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
DeadDungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DeadDungeoneer »

Hiya,

In answer to some of the questions...

Being the dungeoneer was just the most bizarre thing, and to be honest most of the time I did not have a CLUE what was going on! Try to imagine what it is like, walking round a completely blue room, where you can't see anything except your feet, and meeting characters you can't see, many of whom were new to series 5 so you didn't know if you could trust them or not. My biggest problem was understanding what a lot of the characters said because of the way they talked! I did not understand a WORD that Pixel said to me... hence me saying completely the wrong thing to her and being called stupid! When Brother Mace asked me if I was trying to get to Level 2, it sounded to me like "eleven two", which was why I asked the team what I should say... I mean obviously if I'd heard properly I would have just said yes! And the worst was Lord Fear... I didn't hold the eyeglass, Julius Scaramonger did, and all I suddenly got was a strange voice talking in my ear, again most of which was unclear!

So in conclusion, when you're watching teams, and you think they say the most stupid things, just consider the fact that they may also have encountered some of these problems!

And finally, everyone received a scroll for being on Knightmare, which doesn't seem like much, but the whole experience of filming and being treated like stars, was just so fab it didn't matter at all!

Ok, gotta get back to work! Enjoy my death on Monday  ;D

Jenna
DeadDungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DeadDungeoneer »

Oh, I lied, I've just remembered we were also given a t-shirt, and we had our photo taken with Pickle and Treguard which we could then get them to sign for us, along with other cast members. They also gave us a tour of the whole studio after we'd finished filming, which was cool.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Have you still got the photo?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Funny business in the penultimate room

Post by JamesA »

Maybe they thought the Block and Tackle (since it was vitually that room where they confronted Aesandre) was going to come back to life, and they didn't want to take the chance, but with the frozen ice maiden blocking the right-hand exit, they would have been done for. I think Ben was guided to the left hand door by a member of the production team since they were that close to victory
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Enjoy my death on Monday  ;D
This has to be one of the few forums where anyone could say that without people getting very very concerned.

Um, I still haven't posted on Team 4 like I keep meaning to. To save you the trouble of reading my predictable novel on the subject (and me the trouble of writing it), I was going to argue (on and on, probably) how they really didn't have a very difficult dungeon and how in many cases where other teams had to make decisions this team were okay whatever they did. I think "We need a winning team" syndrome was setting in among the production team again. I could back this up with lots of stuff from their quest, but you don't want to hear me waffle any more, so let's just say I put all the evidence in here and you read it, grunted a bit and thought "What a weirdo". Deal?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Well, I can't deny that I also thought "well, that Level 3 seemed to be over before it started". :) Over before half of the episode was done, when other levels can end up taking more than an episode's worth of time! Though I can see how it was a bit trickier than other parts (clues were a tad more cryptic, more thought was needed into what they had to do). Plus I do love that final causeway. :D

Sadly, Jenna, I didn't pay a lot of attention to your quest in the rest of the episode - got distracted by something, was having a quick read and the next thing I knew Time Out! And sadly I may not get to see the rest of your quest...
Future_Boy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Future_Boy »

After watching it back again, it could be down to poor editing, but what kind of idiot editor would make it look suspicious.

On a dodgy scale of 1 to 10 i rate it an 8!!!!
MrP
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by MrP »

Maybe they thought the Block and Tackle (since it was vitually that room where they confronted Aesandre)
Definitely agree with you on that point. Jonathan (I think..) almost tells him it's the block & tackle when they first enter the room but seems to forget what it's called! Until the point where they left I think they were convinced the room was going to "come to life", hence the totally unnecessary panic over the relatively simple process of leaving the room!
I think Ben was guided to the left hand door by a member of the production team since they were that close to victory
I think this is conspiracy theorising gone too far! I'd be very very doubtful of there ever being a need for the production team to actually help a team through an exit. Particularly when the "challenge" of a particular chamber has already been won. The way it's edited does make the scene quite confusing but I'm certain that's all it was - a bit of clumsy editing. Probably because they wasted so much time actually getting out of the room that it wasn't deemed interesting enough to show us every step of their progress!
If this were really happening, what would you think?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yes, I doubt they needed help getting to the exit. Perhaps it was just bad editing, or perhaps they said something they shouldn't have, giving away something that the viewer wasn't meant to know or similar. Whatever is really the case, it really looks weird.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 9 (Fri. 7th)

Post by Billy »

Things got off to a cracking start when the pre-recorded announcer said "One of the Cult Selection now, it's Knightmare". That recording is almost 2 years old now, and it shows, as Knightmare hasn't been part of the cult selection for ages!

The episode resumed midway through Winteria. Elita proved helpful for once and gave them a bone for Hordriss. Then they recount the scroll clue in front of Hordriss..."A DOG? You call me a DOG?". Still, things sort themselves out and our favourite wizard gives them two spells, FIRE and FREEZE. The Amiga powered status bar looked a bit cluttered with both those spells, one can only imagine what it would have looked like with three.

Then came the Block and Tackle...without the blocks, or the tackle for that matter. Aesandre (I wonder if she has a goodie goodie sister called Naesandre?) appeared, and the team correctly spellcast FREEZE to, well, freeze her. They make a quick exit through the left door, after a bit of hesitation.

And THEN came the rather easy final puzzle, in front of Knightmare Castle. But hang on, where did that moat come from? There's no moat in the titles, and it's meant to be on top of a hill! The team knew their Roman Numerals, though, and had no problem doing the first bit. The shield was frozen, so they had to spellcast their other spell (FIRE) to thaw it. Another easy "circle plus square" puzzle followed, and after a cheap sounding fanfare, they became the first people to reclaim the shield! Seems they did it just in time, too, judging by the life force.

The next time are (or were) from Exeter too, which seems like a good omen. Unusually, the first room was a clue room, followed by a boat ride...with Brother Mace as the boatman! Timed out during a rendezvous with Julius Scaramonger...and since it's a double bill, the next episode followed immediately after an ad-break. See you in the episode 10 thread!
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 5 Episode 9 (Fri. 7th)

Post by Tom41 »

Sadly I overslept and missed it at 8am :(

I think what I'll do is set a VCR timer to tape the 1:30am showing on a spare tape. Then I'll copy the episodes (cutting out titles and ad breaks) onto my main Knightmare tape. Then perhaps I can comment on the eps ;)
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!