Series 5 Episode 6

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 5 Episode 6

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Opinions and comments from members new and old very welcome. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 6

Post by WhiteDevil »

We're on the ball arent we, the episode hasnt even started yet  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I was all set to watch it then my s*** of a sister put on a film she has seen 5 times! She goes its on again at 6
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

The first spell of Series 5 - it took them a while didnt it  ;D

Sorry to hear about that Lord Bob - Sisters can be a pain, i know...
Last edited by WhiteDevil on 31 Oct 2003, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

I think all you team 3 haters will get a treat tonight ;).
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Thank goodness they're finished.

I can see some reasons why they might have been slightly reticent about giving the gem to Elita, but they did need to make a decision and stick with it. I guess it's very possible they took even longer to decide than we saw in the final edit.

I'd have been a bit disappointed if they'd gone on to win after their antics in Level 1. As well as taking far too long, they were also one of those teams who often didn't seem to listen to what Treguard and Pickle told them. You don't try to talk over Treguard. You shut up and heed his words to the letter, or you may end up dead.

Treguard and Pickle seemed to think they'd done the best so far that season. Yes, they got the furthest, but I'm not sure they were the best team. Anyone have opinions?

Also, what do you guys think were the right clue objects to take in the Level 3 Clue Area? That's assuming there were 2 objects they needed- Level 3 is sometimes a strange place like that.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 31 Oct 2003, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

What made me laugh when i saw it  was treguard says i think theres a exit at the top right there - he guides them pretty much into the COB lol and after the killing he says elita could have saved you from this fate I was thinking LOL you told em to go that way.  ;Dmebbe treguard was sick of em too.
Last edited by SrWilson3S on 31 Oct 2003, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, a couple of things could have happened. Elita could have provided them with a spell to help them out. Alternatively, she could have revealed a different exit. This didn't happen, though, so the only exit was that at the back of the room.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Well, a couple of things could have happened. Elita could have provided them with a spell to help them out. Alternatively, she could have revealed a different exit. This didn't happen, though, so the only exit was that at the back of the room.
It's pure speculation (fun though), but it is interesting that Treguard says "Elita might have saved you from this fate" rather than making it obvious that Elita would have helped them survive the Corridor of Blades specifically.

I think there are several possibilities if the team had given SuperDungarees the ruby in time:

1. She shows them another exit. The room is kinda dark.
2. She does her filthy little ritual with the ruby which reveals another exit.
3. She gives them a spell to help them in the CoB.    
4. She goes along with them and helps them avoid the blades.
5. She gives them information that the CoB is ahead and that they'll need to take measures to survive it before they enter.  

It's a small possibility that the CoB was just there to kill them off quickly because the production team didn't want to waste time seeing out their quest until its logical end, which yields two more possibilities:

6. She'd have helped them in a completely different way, and they'd not have been given the CoB.
7. She'd have helped them in a different way; they'd have faced the CoB but at slightly less horrific speed. I noticed Sarah was VERY slow to respond to instructions- if a certain Grimwold had worked on the production crew, I might have been tempted to cut the sound to her at the crucial moment. Not suggesting they did that, however.

There are other possibilities, but for me those are the main ones. Many of them are easily plausible. She does mention "information" at one point, which may point to some rather than others, although it's possible she'd have given them information and help of a different kind. I'd put a small wager on #5, something like:

ElfDungarees: "Is that all you've got? Guess it'll have to do, you ugly slagrat. Tell you what, I'll give you a bit of information. Beyond that exit is the Corridor of Blades. You'll need to do something to survive it now because you won't have time once you get into it. Now f*** off so I can finish summoning Satan, you ****ing little ****."

Team talks about it in their true style for about 25 minutes. William makes some completely ludicrous suggestions about hiding things, and Helen bosses everyone around, including ordering Treguard to tidy up his beard. Sarah keeps repeating "What shall I say?" despite the fact she's not talking to anyone, and poor Keeley wonders how she let the others talk her into joining their team. Helen nags everyone a bit more, and the camera cuts to William whose look suggests he wants to jab his pencil in Helen's arm. I feel a moment of sympathy with him, and forgive him for the "hide the knife" episode. Finally they decide to cast the GHOST spell, which means the blades pass right through Sarah with no ill effects, apart from the fact we have to put up with the team for a bit longer.  

[Oh, and despite my jibes at Helen, I do think she was on the right track a lot more often than her fellow advisors, especially in Level 3. I thought her comments when choosing clue items that level were very relevant, and she wanted to give Elita the ruby. Ironically, it was partly because she deferred too long to the other two that probably cost them.]
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 31 Oct 2003, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I thought they should have used the ghost spell as well. Funny though that such a slow team got defeated by the fasted obstacle in KM. This new team seem pretty good (wink wink), not that we got to see much of a start to Ben's quest. Looking forward to Monday with great anticipation. One thing I like more from S5 compared 2 S3 is the status bar because If you miss something it appears so you know what they're carrying
Johnr
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Johnr »

The team were so slow in figuring out where they were, surely they must have seen previous teams in Series 4 in the Corridor of Blades?!  And Sarah was just like "Huh?" "Right?"  

Blade approaching..."Oh, RIGHT!"...2 BELLS (yay!)...OOOHHH - Nasty!
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

Also this episode marked the first appearence of the skull this season but what on earth happened to it's noise?  It sounds horrible!

Also all the deaths this season seem to be accompanied by 2 dongs of the bell.  In the last season there was either 1 or none.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Also all the deaths this season seem to be accompanied by 2 dongs of the bell.  In the last season there was either 1 or none.
I _think_ that towards the end of series 1 and throughout series 2, it was usual to have two tolls of the bell, one as the life force was just running out, and another as it had gone.

But since the last time I saw those series was 1987 and 1988, I could be mistaken.  :-)
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Well, I must say their death was a bit of poetic justice. :) Sarah almost blindly wandered into that blade!

GG - how about sugggestion #8?
Team gives Elita Ruby. Elita says she would help, but she's just as sick of the team as a lot of us and wants to see them meet a grizzly fate.
Well, at least it'd give a hint they've got a grizzly fate ahead! :)

As for the Clue Room, my Dad and I (we tend to both watch Knightmare in the evening) both thought that the scroll suggested "Take the Ruby instead of the Key", so would have taken the Ruby and whichever other object was there (forgot what it was!).
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

agree with the above comment the key was pointless..

Wasnt the other item a neckless?  that elf woman asked if they had anything else.. i'm wondering if that would have been used to get the info..  after all i doubt she would have done even if the team gave her the rudy soon as possible.

But i doubt the blades were used to kill them off.. they were there because that was the next room.. and that with seen team do it with no trouble. spells aren't really needed.. and they only got killed because she was trying to pick up food and dogde the blade at the same time causeing he to get a little confussed which led to the slow reaction and getting sliced.

The thing with Knightmare is u have to play by the book..its all very simple.  But what we saw of level 3 looked a bit dim.. that red room before the Blades looks level 3 like but the clud room didn't
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery