Series 5 - Episode 3

Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 3

Post by Dan »

Causeways are one of the places where it's much better if you can guide your dungeoneer by degrees or clock points (like the winning team in Series 6) rather than shuffling about and spazzing.
...with bonus points for not managing to pick up the causeway combination, and getting it right by sheer guesswork?  ;D

The lifeforce just isn't the same without the heartbeat.  :(
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

SPOILER HERE

Team 6 die on a causeway because they were actually far too slow and the floor finally did give way beneath them.
Lord_Bob

IRe: Series 5 Episode 3 *Contains Spoilers Of Ep4*

Post by Lord_Bob »

I added the Spoilers in the titles as requested so feel free to put in spoilers. Looking forward to next ep
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: IRe: Series 5 Episode 3 *Contains Spoilers Of

Post by Dan »

I added the Spoilers in the titles as requested so feel free to put in spoilers. Looking forward to next ep
You might want to change it just to say 'spoilers for later episodes' since there's one for team 6 just above your post too ;-)
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 3 *Contains Spoilers Of Ep4*

Post by Velda »

My favourite episode of this series so far, there was a lot more happening in it and things didn't move so slow.  

I agree that Smirkenorff's flights aren't as interesting without his regal voice which we've come to know and love.  The graphics on the flights look a little more grainy too.  

Pickle isn't as good a character as he is in Series 6, I don't think.

I liked seeing Motley and Ariadne (it's a pity she only appears in that episode).  That up and coming classic moment with Skarkill will be great viewing too!  ;D

The next team is the first to reach Level 3...
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

Even though a couple more teams get further aren't Ariadne and Oakley seen in those quests?

In this episode I was treated to extra some extra effects where I live, the moment Lord Fear realised someone was spying on him was accompanied by a flash of lightning from the thunderstorm outside my window.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i don't see any point it talking about the future eps in this topic anyway, after all they have nothing to do with this episode.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

*SPOILERS*

...with bonus points for not managing to pick up the causeway combination, and getting it right by sheer guesswork?  ;D
Exactly! I thought they were a fab team.
Team 6 die on a causeway because they were actually far too slow and the floor finally did give way beneath them.
And not before bloody time too!
Last edited by Elita on 26 Oct 2003, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Still it was a good Episode, I agree with what someone said in the previous topic about the teams being too slow becuase its as boring as hell to watch them sit and have a debate about wether to pick up this or that
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Well I for one am upset at series 5 episode 3, and you know why? Because I didnt get to see it!

I had a real good system going on, usually watch it at six, then tape it at night! So I was confident that I could work on friday, miss the episode, and look forward to watching it the following day..........

....until challenge decide to change it so that they dont actually play the episodes at night anymore!

I am so angry at this! They promised us KM THREE times a day on Mon, Wed, Fri! Instead they decide to show their rather lame attempt at Fort Boyard with Burnside from The Bill, cause Dirty Den's been resurrected!

ooooh, Challenge! >:(
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

MPK, I feel exactly the same way. I work nightshift on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, so on Fridays I have to tape it during the day rather than at night, so didn't even realise they'd stopped the night showings - making me miss yesterdays showing. :( And on the whole it's a big pain because I like to tape it on the late showing, so I don't have to "steal" the cable off my parents during the day. (And I agree about UK Fort Boyard... I've been watching the French version for over 10 years, and it knocks the socks of the UK version big time! ;) )

Getting back on topic... I feel sorry for the team in this episode. They weren't the best of teams, but they're better than some who've got further. Their main blunder wasn't entirely their fault, seeing as they were rushed over what to take in Ariadne's Lair. Had it not been for that, they may have remembered back in Level 1 when Skarkill told Lord Fear about his need for dosh... ;)
Last edited by Cull on 28 Oct 2003, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Whoops... seems after watching the repeat yesterday, I noticed something I missed before.

It wasn't exactly obvious, but this time round I did notice  Gwendoline saying they'd need to "bribe their way through Level 2" (or something to that effect). So... I guess the team weren't so hard pressed as I'd originally thought. I still think it was unfair that they were rushed... but they did also have fair warning of Ariadne's Lair, and that they'd need to be hasty there...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I missed most of the series 5 eps last time around but I managed to see this one this time though. Anyway I think that their main mistake was that they didn't seem to be taking notes properly during the first eye shield sequence, which was mentioned about Skarkill being bribed.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

------WARRNING SPOILERS PRESENT-----------

"OH DEAR OH DEAR. CARRYING A HORN ARE WE."

"LET ME GUESS ITS MAGIC RIGHT."

"HEHEHEHEHE...... IT'S THE IRONS FOR THIS TEAM."

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH......LOVELY."
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 3 *Contains Spoilers Of Ep4*

Post by Billy »

Ok, well, this thread not only contains spoilers of Ep4, but also Ep6. Still, I already know what happens in the next episode, but I won't spoil it for you.

As for THIS episode, well, Richard's team are doing fairly well. The first 40 seconds of this episode remained unseen until 1996, as there was a technical fault on the original CiTV transmission causing Tommy Boyd to adlib about the following day's Motormouth. There was a GREAT mistake in the first scene, as Sly Hands suddenly adopts the voice of Motley as he gives Richard the password! Further on we meet Brother Mace- this team have evidently watched the show, as they knew about wellways. Still, absolutely *no one* is using wellways in 1991, so they ride the admittedly neat looking decender to Level 2.

A great encounter with Motley stuck in a joker card- T,P and M were almost on the verge of giving away the card game that had to be called out, but in the end the team correctly remembered the game in which "joker takes all" was Snap. Then came two welcome appearances of old friends- Ariadne, and Oakley, before the episode ended with Skarkill interrogating them. What happens next? Find out in 3 days time!