Where did Mogdred go?

PookasRule
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Where did Mogdred go?

Post by PookasRule »

Do any of you more experienced Watchers know why Mogdred inexplicably disappears after the first episode of this series? This final appearance was arguably his finest hour as he directly kills his first dungeoneer, rather than confining them to one of his little playpens? Did he just want to go out on a high?
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Where did Mogdred go?

Post by s4t8brett »

Mogdred's final appearance was in episode 16 ... @beveryafraid said he felt he had exhausted the Merlin and Mogdred storylines ... (But - I would suggest the same is now true of Lord Fear ...) ... Where did Mogdred go? Level 4, perhaps? :green:
PookasRule
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PookasRule »

Hi Brett,

I'm sorry. You are quite right. That is what comes from not watching Knightmare for some years. (Shame on me) One forgets important details.

I know you have been here for some time, but all the same allow me to say thank you fo joining this forum and sharing your valuable insight with us.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

4/8 teams in Series 4 got to Level 3. 2 of those teams faced Mogdred as the adversary (episodes 3 and 16); 1 faced Malice; 1 didn't get far enough to encounter an adversary.

Had more teams got further through their quests, we may well have seen more of Mogdred. The same applies to Series 3.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

s4t8brett wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 08:06... Where did Mogdred go? Level 4, perhaps? :green:

I remember Merlin's Knightmare Top Trumps card (from The Quest) saying something along the lines of:

It is rumoured that one day, while experimenting with Time, Merlin inadvertently threw himself back to the mediaeval period, along with his evil alter-ego, Mogdred.

Not a direct quote, but that's the general gist. With no other indications or signs, I'm going to assume that's where he went after all!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

Agreed; I am sure that's the sensible, scholarly answer. Legendary figures must have some sort of protection to avoid us lifting them out of history and then 'killing them off', after all. I'm afraid I was being playful with my imagination in suggesting Level 4! But I think I've just worked out how Oakley would have 'crushed' dungeoneers who failed his three ecologically-themed questions, Pooka ...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

From The Quest Volume 3.2:

Merlin sending himself and Mogdred back to the Dark Ages could have been a paradox that brought them into Knightmare, rather than taking them out of it.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

Hi Drassil,

Thank you for sharing this scan from The Quest. I suppose both could be true, depending on the precise dates within the same period of history.

There's also the rumour circulating that Merlin took a ride on the Transporter Pad, but didn't (or, perhaps, was unable to) return to the middle tile ...

Best wishes,
Brett