Series 4 - Episode 16

SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 4 - Episode 16

Post by SrWilson3S »

Ok sorry if this has ever been done before at all.....

I was at a friends today watching the last episode of series 4 (nice to see it in such a long time since 1990) but judging from watching it again I thought Giles group was totally robbed infact it seemed almost like they were trying  everything to kill them off Corridor of blades then the Block and tackle etc and then they come right to the end and transporter pad room which I recall being earlier back in level 3 in previous quests and then ending the quest with the path closing and the dungeon being over.
I thought that was hella unfortunate I thought there coulda  been a bit of leeway there and just enough time to finish it since they were pretty much at the end.
Just seemed cruel.
What you guys think?
Last edited by Drassil on 10 Jan 2011, 17:48, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title adjusted to aid identification
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Team 8 series 4 ..were they robbed?

Post by Malefact »

I reckon the crew knew that they wouldn't have enough time to complete their quest. They probably calculated that time out would occur in the middle of the final conflict (which would have been very awkward) and decided to put in a few extra obstacles to stop this from happening. They should have won, but they simply did not have enough time. It is unfair, but it was unfortunately just the luck of the draw.
Subject to change.
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Team 8 series 4 ..were they robbed?

Post by SrWilson3S »

Hmm Maybe your right it did seem like they were intentionally trying to bump the team off to tie in with the end of the episode.
It just seems a lil unfair since the last team in series 7 was able to win tying in with the end of the season maybe the last team of series 4 could have ended like that oh well. - it cant feel good knowing your gonna be taken out your quest like that right at the end.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 4 Episode 16

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Rather a strange ending to the series, really.

From what TC has said previously and watching it, I'd guess this team actually messed up somewhere but were allowed to carry on to fill up the rest of the episode, rather than introducing a new team who'd not have time even to get as far as Dooris's woeful acting. There were several places where their escape and survival looked a bit fishy to me. The dungeoneer called Merlin very quickly after finding the key- I wonder if some stuff was cut from that. They might also have been hit by one of the floating skulls in front of the Corridor of Blades- they seemed very suddenly to be in the corridor itself, where to me it looked like they'd be hit. And the poor dungeoneer must have at least a small scar from an encounter with one of the blades. Add the Block and Tackle, where the bottom blocks were strangely still. Hmmm.

The end itself was odd. I've always been a bit unhappy with the rushed Christmas scene. I'd much prefer to have seen the dungeon collapsing as we had in previous years.

Oh, and bye Merlin.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 17 Jun 2003, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 Episode 16

Post by Crispin »

There seemed to be a lot of bits cut out of this final quest.  The most noticeable one for me was at the Place of Choice where Treguard says "Now listen team..." and then quickly cuts to "...choose now, the Cup that heals or the Shield of justice.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

no he didn't i believe he put in into his sake by mistake and took a moment or so to fish it out.

Also u don't die if u get hit by a flooting skull its only damages the life force.. and the blade missed him by less than an inch.  And if u watch other Block and Tackle the right side always falls last.

the ending itself was poor.. but i guess a kids show at Xmas what u want? lol and the last time we see Merlin i believe
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

The Xmas side of things from Merlin was a nice touch to the end of the season! lol

Do you think Mace made an unplanned mistake in giving Giles the wrong card?! You can see him look beyond Giles (probably at the crew) with a look of surprise and confusion on his face!

Fantastic team though! Almost as good as the girls!
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

lol, would be a good reason for it not to work ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

End of S4 has always puzzled me, veyr odd way to end it, but didn't that last team REALLY get into it?  You could tell they were believing what they were seeing.

It was bye bye to Merlin, Mogdred, Gundrada, Fatilla, Melly and Mistress Goodie.....Awww.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Is it me or did it look like the dungeon were trying to kill off the team as quickly as possible? In the last few rooms you had the Block&Tackle (Why was this in level 3?), the Corridor of Blades, the collapsing bridge and the transporter pads. Although I also could have sworn they were hit by one of the blades.

If you have this episode on video, check the last few frames of the end credits and you'll see what looks like Gundrada dropping the sword at the end!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Also She does drop the sword.
And that what level 3 should be like.

Also at the end Treguard says Its never ends...yeah well its been off the air long enough
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Jun 2003, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

check the last few frames of the end credits and you'll see what looks like Gundrada dropping the sword at the end!
I saw that. I thought that it was quite funny! I don't know if that was meant to happen or not. It could have been an outtake though! ;D
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

you think Mace made an unplanned mistake in giving Giles the wrong card?! You can see him look beyond Giles (probably at the crew) with a look of surprise and confusion on his face!
He's definitely looking to his right at something or someone and seems on the verge of laughing.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

Episode 16 posted!

(http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html)

This is the last post...

All downloads will be removed Friday.
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

thank you leggy, without you i would have had no knightmare. i have all series 4 now and am happy. thanks again.

Matt
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please