Series 4 - Episode 16

Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 4 Episode 16

Post by Dan »

Add the Block and Tackle, where the bottom blocks were strangely still. Hmmm.
I've just compared Team 5's block and tackle, where they get swiped by the lower block, to Team 8's.  In Team 5's b&t, the lower block nearest the front slides across after the three left hand side floor sections have fallen away, before the middle sections start falling.  The girls spent so long going backwards and forwards in the middle without actually gaining any ground that they got hit by the lower block.

Robin, on the other hand, was actually quite near the door when the left hand side finished breaking up, and was probably through it at about the time when the lower block would've moved from right to left.

So there you go, my verdict is no conspiracy.  And I reckon the blades missed him too, although it's very close.  I don't have a clip of Dunstan's Corridor of Blades in Series 8 to compare it to, but he went on to win despite definitely being bladed (apparently), and poor Robin and team got the DISMISS treatment instead of HOME...

...and yeah, why did Dicken and co get HOME and not HEROES?  I seem to recall that being the usual winner's spell...
Last edited by Dan on 18 Jun 2003, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

[...] So there you go, my verdict is no conspiracy.
Heh. I reviewed it this afternoon, too, and I agree on the Block and Tackle. While it initially looked to me like it was a different sequence, on looking at several previous attempts at the room it seems to have been the same. The only bottom block that moves early on is the far one, then if you wait too long the one at the front.

The scraping noise the bottom blocks make when they move is evil.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

The scraping noise the bottom blocks make when they move is evil.
I'm sensing a 'favourite sound effect' thread coming up. ;-)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Okay and whats your favourite then?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Donna
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Donna »

It was a shame the final team got stoped before the end in last episode, They where quiet good. They did indeed die tho in the blades room a couple of times :-/

My favorite sound effects have to be the goblins horn, When the big spider approaches near a dungeoneer, and the footsteps in the corridors behind a dungeoneer cos there freaky lol. :-/
Run the goblins are comming!
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

I like the weird sound the blades make in the later series and I remember the green pookas making some funny noise but can't exactly remember what.  I think it was some sort of chanting.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i still dont believe he got hit by a blade, u'll have to load up a still pictuer of it so we can have a closer look.

And if they did edit anything out of the quest it didn't make any effect on the quest.. just that the tv viewer's didn't see it in its whole, it never changed the teams quest.

they only spell cast 'home' then they win
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Am regressing into the thread with this post.

In response to all those who posted that it would have been better to kill off the last team where and when they made their mistake giving time for another team to begin a quest.

Think of it from bva's position, he has a team in play 5 mins from the end of the last episode in "losing status" This gives him the opportunity to end the dungeon with a simple "destruction" storyline rather than let another team try and risk having them on "winning status" in level 1 once the dungeon phase is over(which is almost certain to happen since NO team died in level 1 this series)

As i have said before regardless of how when and where a team dies or gets pulled from the dungeon they have in reality failed at the game show aspect of Knightmare and could naver have won.
As far as the storyline goes: Thinking that Giles's team were "unlucky to have the dungeon collapse when they were so close..." is a good way to see it. arguing that they were unfairly pulled out is not.
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

they where giving a lot of warnings and they never picked up the pace.. they were about 4 rooms away
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Okay and whats your favourite then?

Going back off the thread again (hey, I'm a woman, I'm ALLOWED to do these things!)

My favourite has to be the noise that accompanied the floating skulls, that kinda scary ghost effect wooing, hehe

:-[
Foxxy Roxxy
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

see now if i said you could do it because you were a women id be called sexist ::)

bleh, i liked their CoB. a scrape at most id say. B&T likewise with the funny ;)

about sound effects, ariadne's crunching shall forever live on in my soul :D. some of the haunting noises were cool and i liked the "flap flap" of smirkenorfs wings :)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

What exactly...

Post by Fidjit »

...is a hundred and eighty degree phase shift?

I think it is a time warp thingy... Where you can't go any further...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: What exactly...

Post by Malefact »

My guess is that (massively simplified) our world is one waveform and the Dungeon is another. When the two get in phase (i.e. on a diagram the two would be perfectly superimposed on each other) travel between the two can happen. A 180 degree phase shift is, I'm guessing, when the exact opposite happens. On a diagram, the waveforms would be doing the exact opposite of each other. As one would hit a peak, the other would hit a trough.

The waveforms getting into phase with each other is, I guess, akin to a causeway appearing to lead a path to an off-shore island.
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Huh???!!!

Post by MoanaLiza »

Please convert that into simple plain english for me please as I don't understand what you are talking about.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 11 Oct 2003, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Huh???!!!

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Please convert that into simple plain english for me please as I don't understand what you are talking about.
I think that this is referring to the end of series 4 when a 'spiral' appears on the screen over the dungeoneer in the game, and Pickle says "180 degrees phase shift approaching!". I personally think that it is just made-up, to make it seem like a major thing and to seem scientific.