Level 3, this season.

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Level 3, this season.

Post by Purgatory »

First off.. the 1st team we see this season lost in level 3 beacuse they used the wrong spell... What does the 'but' spell even do??

Also the evil queen woman we see during level 3.. am i right in thinking shes the same one we see in level 1? giving the teams a small task?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Level 3, this season.

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

First off.. the 1st team we see this season lost in level 3 beacuse they used the wrong spell... What does the 'but' spell even do??

Also the evil queen woman we see during level 3.. am i right in thinking shes the same one we see in level 1? giving the teams a small task?
We can't be sure what the spell would have done. We've had a few guesses on other threads. I've always said I think it would just have given them a few seconds to either get out or cast TRANSFORMATION. I'm too set in my ways to change my mind now.

And yes, it was the same person. It was also seemingly her disguised as an old crone in the Eye Shield room earlier in the series. I wonder why she felt the need for the disguise, or the rather odd "dusty, dusty" routine.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 15 Jun 2003, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Just seems silly after she says shes the queen of level 3 or whatever yet in the next quest shes just a random witch adding to the teams quest and HELPING them.
That was the problem with the early seasons.. no real story line it just didn't add up.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Just seems silly after she says shes the queen of level 3 or whatever yet in the next quest shes just a random witch adding to the teams quest and HELPING them.
That was the problem with the early seasons.. no real story line it just didn't add up.
Oh, I think there was a reason she was dressed like that. It's just we didn't get far enough in that quest to learn it. That's my little opinion, anymoos.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 15 Jun 2003, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i dunno,

Should have left level 3 with that other evil dude, would have made alittle more sence.  >:(
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

or possibly they just had the same actress play a witch??? that a possibility. i dont know enough about the casting really...
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

or possibly they just had the same actress play a witch??? that a possibility. i dont know enough about the casting really...
Not in this case, I think. Treguard made it quite clear this woman wasn't the old crone she seemed to be. We got a close up of her that pretty much gave her away as Malice, and she had Malice's jewellery on her fingers.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

but malice IS gundrada right?

*Mind boggles*

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

but malice IS gundrada right?
Same actress, yep.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Here's a plausable explanation.

Malice and Mogdred are both pretty powerful 'people?' who are both more "evil" than "good" (not that sides are that clear cut untill S5) and are both hungry for power.

As tends to happen with 'Baddies' like this they probably both fight amongst themselves for leadership(for want of a better word) of Level 3. Therefore we will sometimes see malice in charge and sometimes Mogdred.

In reality its probably to increase the variation of each quest (with their limited room graphics etc...) but as far as storyline goes who likes my wee take on it?

Fits in well with malice's appearance in level 1 of the succeding quest to that which bested her and got the crown(removed from power for her failure!)

Noticed the Gundrada/Malice thing myself. Must say its great acting on Samantha Perkins's part, being able to act as a bloodthirsty, selfish, Arrogant warrior woman and then changing to gundrada's character later/Earlier in the quest.
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

I agree steve, if you noticed Malice in Level 1 said that she  needed that item due to fallen out with someone, or something along thoses lines, which could suggest that her and Mogdred had a fight and that she wanted revenge upon Mogdred and prehaps  the dungeonere was the best way for her to do it (She could have been still licking her wounds so to speak)

Or maybe it was a trap set by her?

Acording to the dictionary one of'But's meaning is Without it happening, so maybe it would have stopped the sword from appearing? I don't know though
I Love Goblins
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

if you noticed Malice in Level 1 said that she  needed that item due to fallen out with someone, or something along thoses lines, which could suggest that her and Mogdred had a fight and that she wanted revenge upon Mogdred and prehaps  the dungeonere was the best way for her to do it (She could have been still licking her wounds so to speak)
That's certainly plausible. I'd guess the one person she might be afraid of would be Mogdred, so acting through a dungeoneer rather than openly defying him would make sense. It's certainly possible she had ambitions to rival Mogdred in the way Aesandre did with Lord Fear in the following season.

Or perhaps it was an ethical issue again (especially in the case where she was disguised). You make a pact with her early on, but later learn quite how evil she is. Do you keep the bargain? If you've agreed to get her that "simple leather bound book", and you learn it's a powerful magical tome with which she can turn Merlin into a pickled walnut and destroy Treguard's sacred beard, do you keep your side of the deal and give it to her, or refuse on moral grounds?
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

what that sure as hell makes much more sence lol
and it works pretty well to.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

What about the whole power struggle for level 3 explanation, i think that works aswell

If only more dungeoneers made it to level 3 (instead of falling off in the block and tackle) we might have an idea about this
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

i think from some of the script the power struggle theory appeals to me the most. it's basicly what i was thinking from when she said she'd fallen out with someone...etc