Series 4 - Episode 9

Dungeoneer2k3
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: The Welsh Team

Post by Dungeoneer2k3 »

Yeah but did you see his reaction when they died. He looked really cheesed off!
Knightmare lives forever!
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

heh yeah ;)

apparently when they returned the next day he was all black and blue where his mates had given him beats ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Dungeoneer2k3
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dungeoneer2k3 »

;D Yeah i bet was! LOL!

I know if he was on my team, i'll give him a little smack on the chops!  ;)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

obviously a little one ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Dungeoneer2k3
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dungeoneer2k3 »

::) Well, I'm not that mean. If he was in my team, i'll be like "you bugger!" but after a while, i'll say to him "Who cares, we got to meet Treguard and Pickle!"... then smack him in the chops.  ;D
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

ooh, you're naasty.... ;D
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 4 Episode 9

Post by TheBrollachan »

Ah so this is the episode
"Simon side-step to your left" *Bong*
Some strange death music.

Was it a marshmellow that Pickle was toasting?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

I’m sorry Brollachan, but it has to be said that that was a poorly disguised bump, but then there aren’t any on topic posts in this topic.

Started off with Gundrana’s help – which was just as well as there were goblins about.

Met Brother Mace and got the joker of the pack.

Next room and “Ohh Nasty” and I can’t bear to say it.

If you can’t win at least make sure we can remember you!

The new team opted for the shield and promptly met Dooris with the woman’s voice and scored 2/3.

Hordriss’s turn to make the pact today.

In the clearing before the assassin appeared they showed a still of the dungeoneer not a clip.

Just as well Oakley appeared as otherwise the team would have ran away with no objects. He’s back to testing today and they proved something by getting full marks.

I’d have thought that Oakley might have given a clue but the stealth seemed quite obvious to me.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Resumed from time-out just as a goblin hunting party was approaching! Gundrada kept them busy long enough for Simon to get the food, but they then had to leave rather quickly as the goblins were returning!

In the next room, Brother Mace was sat at the table where Merlin was selling stuff to the previous team. Gave Simon two aces, which beat Mace's cards ;). Then after Simon had noticed there was an extra card in the pack, Mace gave them the Joker from the pack.

Sadly, we never got to see them get to use this card, as the next room was the Block and Tackle. A hole appeared to the left of the dungeoneer, and an adviser said "Simon! Sidestep to your left!" Ooh, nasty!

Next team was Vicki's team. I'm surprised she was allowed to wear that blue-purple top in the dungeon, you'd think it would interfere with the chromakey!

Entered the Spindizzy on the place of choice. We already know that the dungeoneer can see the platforms to jump off, but I wonder... are the platforms actually grey in the blue room, or are they blue with the grey colour as part of the background? Either way, the dungeoneer would still be able to see them.
Chose the 'shield' path.

Then onto Dooris, the door monster. Pickle told them the calling, and Dooris gave them the usual 3 true or false riddles. Dooris sounded higher pitched like before, probably the female person doing the voice. Did you notice that the adviser called out "True and FAULTS, FAULTS and true?"
Scored 2/3 and the door opened.

Hordriss was in the eye-shield room this time. Pickle was very displeased that they were handing out calling names so easily! Hordriss set them a task to retrieve a potion for him (clearly marked with his name), and gave them the eye-shield - and of course his calling name, Malefact.

Through an eye-shield sequence into a slightly different forest clearing. Pickle gave them a short 'lecture' about goblins and assassins who lurk here. Vicki had to shout really loudly to scare away an assassin, and into the elf-portal.

Then into Oakley's glen. Two goblins appeared, and Vicki tried to shout again to scare them away. It didn't work, but suddenly Oakley appeared and frightened the goblins away. Oakley set them the usual 3 riddles. For the 3rd one, the advisers knew the answer (squirrel) before Oakley had finished asking it! Although getting 3/3 on the riddles, Oakley didn't give them any information - just allowed them to take whatever objects they wanted! Took the key and the bracelet - though if I were them I would have taken the STEALTH potion.

Timed out in the eye-shield sequence before the Fortress of Doom.
Knice transparent background life force sequence used over the credits.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

(I'm not going to edit my earlier post else some will think I change the post completely)

From the sidestep-to-your-death incident we have a new team. This team seem to be making progress, and didn't do to bad on the place of choice (compared to some). Those weeping doors are now beginning to annoy me, I must admit that I wouldn't have got the first question correct. Next after collecting the eyeshield from Hordriss we saw an interesting shot of the dungeoneer in the woods path. The assassins warning did give away what was likely to happen next. I'm sure the team went to the right of the tree, yet still managed to make it to the portal. Finally the encounter with Oakly, and although he scared off the Goblins he didn't give any clues as to which objects the teams should take.

EDIT: I think this episode is not being repeated as for some reason Challenge prefer to repeat Oblivious on Monday morning's instead of KM. Last time I didn't know this and missed the episode.
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 13 Aug 2004, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I'm almost there. Just one more episode, episode 10, and I'll have every episode of Series 4 on tape, and done a review in some form or another of every KM episode ever.

'Welsh wizardry and Celtic cunning' says Treguard at the start, bafflingly. I may make that my unofficial episode title, though something far more famous happened in this episode. It's hard to watch Simon's last few rooms in this episode without sniggering in anticipation at what's coming. After Gundrada scares off a few goblins we meet Mace - "Surely you will not refuse a game of chance?". Everyone's in a very wordy mood in this episode. He's actually talking about Poker, though this variant appears to be 15 Second Speed Poker. Mace gets a king, Simon gets an Ace. Mace gets a 2, Simon gets another ace, and is teh winna, but Mace asks them why his deck has 53 cards. "Because you can't count, you dozy old fool" is their reply...nah, it's "There are 52 cards in a deck". But Mace asks them *why*, and they correctly reply there's an extra card. It's a Joker, and Mace gives them it. Look out for more joker-related Mace fun later this series.

So Simon skips foolhardily into...the Block and Tackle. And the most famous death in Knightmare history occurs, as he's told, stupidly, to sidestep into a gaping pit. Very weird music plays over the life force death sequence, and Treguard lets out a laugh before launching into his usual patter. Pickle has his hand firmly on his face (his own, not Treguard's, Simon's, or Andrew's), either thinking "No, no, no!! Morons!" or desperately trying not to snigger. Treg boots spellcasts them out - "So much for Welsh wizardry, master" sighs Pickle.

The next team are clearly all wearing summer clothes, showing it was filmed in that season rather than the drab November it's going out on. They're from...Windham? No, Pickle continues the wordy theme of this episode by informing us it's "spelt Wymondham", probably the silliest location name for a KM team ever. They choose the Shield path after Pickle hints yet again.

Now here's a refreshing change, Treguard actually refuses to stick to the script for once and explains to us the history of the Bore Monsters. The usual T&F stuff follows before the Eye Shield room with Hordriss, where Pickle gets into a strop after Vicki gives her full name to the wizard. He calls Hordriss a 'creature', amusingly.

Pickle, clearly enjoying this episode, snarls his way through his patter about forests and assassins. A great reverse-Eye Shield shot here of the dungeoneer standing still in the middle of the ES forest, andOMG AN ASSASSIN! The antechamberers (Treg, Pick, and the advisors) seem keen on getting Vicki to shout at one, even getting her to wave her arms around, but all she really does is say 'Go away' sternly. Probably for the best, shrieking and/or screaming it would have sounded very silly when the episode aired.

Oakley's dwelling had a great few seconds of sheer insanity. It's all very calm, with Vicki looking at the objects, when TWO GOBLINS SUDDENLY APPEAR! The team are thrown, and get Vicki to turn about 90 degrees before Oakley appears and snarls them away. Impressive work on the riddles, telling Vicki to say the answer to the third halfway through the riddle, meaning Oakley has to talk even louder to shut them up. All three are answered correctly, and we time out while in an Eye Shield sequence outside the Fortress of (gargoyle)Doooooooom(/gargoyle). And a great end credits sequence to top it off, with the full transparent life force sequence over a moving wellway graphic.
Rhea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:"Simon - sidestep to your left..."

Post by Rhea »

Hey it's not that silly a place name, a lot of my friends live there! ( I have to say that in defence, but I regularly annoy them by saying it wrong. ) It's about 6 miles from me.
Whatcha wavin at ya sausage?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 4 - Episode 9

Post by Drassil »

HarveyTowers wrote: 13 Aug 2004, 20:00 I’m sorry Brollachan, but it has to be said that that was a poorly disguised bump
This remark conjures up the surreal image of The Brollachan being told off for trying to conceal a pregnancy. ;)
JamesA wrote: 18 Jul 2003, 22:29 That moment is literally one that every avid Knightmare fan recalls time after time:  ;D
It's hard not to! And yet there's one aspect of the death that I've never seen discussed on (or off) the forum, and which I only noticed fairly recently myself. The clip can be viewed via knightmare.com, or via YouTube in various videos. We see Simon in the Block & Tackle when the floor falls away, then his advisors and the infamous command, then it cuts back to Simon for the sidestep: Click here to watch the clip on the ITV Children's Classics YouTube channel play Spot The Difference...
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I find Vicky's team quite painful to watch at times. They get themselves into a terrible mess just trying to guide her around a tree stump - both Treguard and Pickle become impatient with them mixing up their left and right! And then in the next episode, their screaming panic when they meet Gundrada, all yelling instructions at the same time while Treguard is saying "Just talk!" in an attempt to calm them down. They're almost as bad as Becca's hysterical advisors in Series 8!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

If they ever make Simon's classic quest into a movie, I think Colin Morgan should play Andrew, the infamous advisor in red! (I just realised that's who he reminds me of.)