SERIES 3 AVI's

Adzee
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

SERIES 3 AVI's

Post by Adzee »

Hello Peeps.

Is there anyway that anyone could post the series 3 episodes on the web(in avi format)

Leggyman1210, if you read this please take note.

Many Thanks
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: SERIES 3 AVI's

Post by Leggy1210 »

we shall see!  ;)
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

lol, turn and and demand why not...im sure leggy has other things to do than fulfill our every whim.

if you have challenge then they are being repeated after series four and if leggy's feeling gennerous then who knows...
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Hey Leggy, I actually downloaded one of your episodes(Dont worry I have broadband:) ) and I was very impressed BTW, the quality is excellent and is very watchable throughout. I am recording the episodes anyway but just wanted to know what a smashing job you are doing for all of us, thank you :)

And now any chance of posting more series, What ones do you have?? ??Any chance of at least giving it a try, I would love to see some of the later series if you have any ;)

Pretty Please with a cherry on top ;D ;D
Last edited by Porsmond on 11 Jun 2003, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

After series 4 has finished, I will have every series apart from 5!

The downloads for series 4 have been very, very popular - although noone's downloaded via E-Donkey!  :(

With regards to the posting of another series, there are a few things to take in to account - the main one being the bandwidth used on the servers. The files are about 80mb in size and the line gets hammered! Spreading the load across servers helps this out (I have 2 servers at the moment) and also reducing the file sizes.

At 80mb, the file still maintains excellent quality. 50k/sec is used for the video stream and only 8k/sec is for the audio. Although the episodes compress very well, it would be nice to make them even smaller. VBR video encoding is something I have looked at and it could be an option.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

we shall see!  ;)
You know full well that the ravaging hordes on this forum won't be satisfied until all the series are up there.  ;-)

Personally I want to see Series 2 again, but being gracious, I'll Take What I'm Offered And Like It. ;-)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

lol, im sorry about E-donkey but i can't seem to get it to work. i'll read into it and try again.

i can't thank leggy again..he know i love him ;D

Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

The E-Donkey client is a little nasty! Try using E-Mule instead! It's about a billion times better and much more easier to get to grips with. I also run other P2P network clients such as Kazaa so you should find the files on there too.

For the time being I will concentrate on getting series 4 complete - only another week or so to go!  :)
Adzee
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Adzee »

;D Beggars, cant be choosers!!  ;D
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

The downloads for series 4 have been very, very popular - although noone's downloaded via E-Donkey!  
Leggy -  how do you get the E-donkey links to work anyway?? I keep trying to click on them but it keeps coming up page not found etc and there are other times I am clicking it and its loading for ages without success. Is there something I am doing wrong or do I need a special programme to download them?? ??

Also with reguards to other series, If you are worried about bandwidth,  you could just post a few episodes at a time and put them on a loop every week or so. that way you wont be using up all the bandwidth on your page and keep everyone happy?? ??  Just a thought.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

thing with P2P like Kazaa, is you need really to be on the same supernode before you can find any results.

it takes quite a few people sharing before things become easy. thing is, our activities (putting whole eps on the internet) are making chances of a DVD less potent.

don't get me wrong...leggy is my lifeline and god but i think we should maybe tone it down. If we stop putting the links everywhere and simply direct those who want to know them to PM me, leggy, anyone else with it saved then the whole process is kept quieter and people thinking of DVD release wont be put off too much. i think we can all agree that a DVD release is the most essential thing ever ;D

any thoughts welcome...

Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

Kazaa is an excellent and very successful network - the client has had more downloads than ICQ which I thought was unbelievable!!!

EDonkey is for more of your pre-release materials such as movies and games (even whole ps2 isos) . It is a bit of a Knightmare to get going with it, but once you're off it's great. The client must be running in order to collect ED2K links. E-Mule is by far the best client.

I completely agree with the danger of DVD releases becoming less of a possibility... I so much want the DVD releases as much as the next Knightmare fan.

I only post the episodes so the likes of those who miss an episode on Challenge have a 2nd chance of catching it, or perhaps it was such a memorable episode it belongs on a framed CD!

The possibility of converting other series and posting them would just amplify the reasons for not releasing knightmare on DVD/VHS - so it is pretty certain the only release I will do is series 4.

I strongly believe that one day Knightmare WILL be released on DVD - the demand is just too incredible.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

this in no way detracts from my appreciation of all your efforts leggy. being one of those without challenge if it wasn't for you i wouldn't have seen knightmare at all since 1994. thank you so much.

i fully appreciate your reasoning and agree that a DVD release is highest priority.

Adzee
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Adzee »

don't get me wrong...leggy is my lifeline and god but i think we should maybe tone it down. If we stop putting the links everywhere and simply direct those who want to know them to PM me, leggy, anyone else with it saved then the whole process is kept quieter and people thinking of DVD release wont be put off too much. i think we can all agree that a DVD release is the most essential thing ever ;D

any thoughts welcome...
What give you the right to dictate what gets uploaded to the internet, the DVD release might not happen for ages.  

When Series 3 is repeated on Challenge, I myself might upload them so people can download and watch the episodes at will.
Last edited by Adzee on 12 Jun 2003, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

nothing gives me the rite...im just trying to strike a balance between seeing knightmare and doing whats best for everyone.

for example...I, Illusion, GG and whoever else feels like pitching in are currently organising a knightmare DVD petition to send to a production company. this is beneficial to the cause.

uploading eps is not. BELIEVE ME it cuts me up to say this because it's the only way i can currently see any and i am extremely grateful.

I can't stop you uploading, and if you did i'll admit i'd probably download but i do beg you consider the bigger picture first