The Knight character from Series 3(?) ?

TheCryptkeeper

The Knight character from Series 3(?) ?

Post by TheCryptkeeper »

I was wondering if any more knowledgeable Knightmare fans could tell me anything about this interesting character?

He was guy in armour and a sword, the same build as the ogre character.

He would stalk the contestants in very much the same manner as the Ogre.

The Ogre and this Knight character (Did he have a name?) were two of my favourite characters, I used to get real excited as a kid when they came on screen?

Did the Knight and the Ogre ever meet? Did they ever battle? I remember the ogre "killing" a couple of contestants...but never the Knight. Was the Knight human?

As much info as possible on these two (particularly the Knight character) would be very much apppreciated. Feeling very nostalgic!!!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: The Knight character from Series 3(?) ?

Post by Drassil »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The "less than human" armoured warrior from Series 3 was referred to as a Behemoth, and you can read about it in the Lexicon, where you'll also find a link to an entry about Grimwold the ogre. It's believed that the Behemoth and the ogre were played by the same performer, making it tricky for them to meet!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

The ogre you're referring to was named Grimwold and, as David says above, you can read about him in the Lexicon, in addition to the Behemoth/Frightknight, whoever or whatever that was.

He killed one contestant - Kelly - but not a couple. Only the one. He stalked a lot of others, though.

Don't forget the Series 4 ogre, though. He had two appearances (but wasn't the same ogre), but didn't claim any victories. He wasn't played by Bryan McNerney, like Grimwold was, which makes me wonder... maybe whoever played this ogre slipped into the Behemoth costume as well? It's carrying on a tradition pretty well!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

These 2 characters were quite scary, and got the teams moving! I really liked the fact that the ogre killed a dungeoneer in series 3 because they didn't have the crayon,to draw a wellway which was laughable, what a bizzare thing to have to do, like we've got time for art work when Grimwold's around!