Series 3 - Episode 13

Golgarach
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 Team 11

Post by Golgarach »

Good question Motley. To be honest I don't know what they could've used it for. Golgarach told him to 'leave the gold, with it you may not prosper' so that told Martin and co to take the key and the bottle. However it's something to think about! :)
Listen puny flesh! Nothing may you take with the earning. Nothing may you know without the learning.
Donna
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Offer the goblins a present, Julie!

Post by Donna »

The poor lasses never had a chance, goblins where comming from both doors. Which is a real shame because I really liked this team, they seemed to be on the ball with there directional skills. I would have thought Velda would have helped them more since julie saved her from them!

Donna :-/

Run the goblins are comming!
Run the goblins are comming!
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Offer the goblins a present, Julie!

Post by MPK »

I do think it was a bit unfair, especially after Merlin said, "Many have succeeded without my help before!"

Shows you what he knows!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i don't think the goblins would have been there if they got the answer right.  u don't know who fixed it was
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Whiteknight
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

SRe: Offer the goblins a present, Julie!

Post by Whiteknight »

Yes I was expecting a new thread on this topic.

I think that Merlin only said that 'teams have survived without my help' so that Julie's team didn't give up instantly.  In actual fact, their's (and every other) quest really ended when they got one of Merlin's question wrong and they might as well have jumped down the huge pit in Merlin's room rather than continue.  :'(

Incidently, was that question that they got wrong 'fair'?  I've certainly never heard of a bat being called a 'flying fox'.
'Join us again soon for Knightmare, it's well worth waiting for.'
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Flying Foxes generally dive from tree to tree with the aid of their wings.

Erm anyway back to topic...Julies team always had me laughing, even when I first watched it in 1989, one of the girls tops, the red star one, always stuck in my mind.

I loved the death, it WAS actually quite scarey, with the music, the slow moving goblin etc....Nasty.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

u could tell becuase of the sudden change in music.
Its kinda gave it away.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

Yes, the music was a little bit of a hint. But the real problem was this:

Julie walks down the corridor.

"Um, you're in a corridor, there's doors on either side, people in the distance, symbols above the doors, I had cornflakes for breakfast, and I bought this top in the high street where I live. It was only £2.99, great deal, wouldn't you say, Julie? Julie? Whoops..."

If the advisor in question hadn't spent so much time describing the location, they might've gotten Julie out in time. However, there is the factor of the goblins bursting out of the right-hand door, and of course we know that the teams are told to choose the right-hand path unless otherwise advised. If they went against the guidelines and chose the left door, they probably wouldn't have died.

Then  again, the crew would then be out for Julie's blood and would insert some sort of deadly unescapable trap into the next room, like a bomb room that ignites immediately.
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I love the part when they think that the Goblins are friendly when they were far away, and Treguard had to tell them "THEY'RE GOBLINS, TEAM! THEY'RE DANGEROUS!"
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Series 3 Team 10

Post by Wolfshead »

Julie failed to obtain magic from Merlin, but gained a stone from Velda aftter untying her. They died because they didn't have the magic, but what was the stone for?

When I first saw the quest I thought that having the Elven stone would've given them a second chance, but no series 3 had no second chances.

The question then is what was the stone for?
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 3 Team 10

Post by Kieran »

Evidently something after the Goblin encounter. Goblins would not be interested in something material such as a gem stone.

I do feel, also, that these 'What About Team X Series X' topics should be put in 1 thread, I'm starting to lose my place on these forums with the amount of new topics we get in a day, possibly same goes for the S8 running comments? Just an idea.

In general, there are too many topics to get through on here.
Last edited by Kieran on 27 May 2004, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Agreed. I did make this point to you about creating unnecessary new threads a few days ago, Pendragon. A topic and a single question aren't the same thing, but you've started an awful lot of threads purely to ask one question.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

To be fair, Pendragon is in the right forum, and the point of this forum is to ask questions. Kieran/HStorm - understand that several topics are being created and clogging up the forums - maybe another section for generalised team related questions? It would be hard to have one long thread of questions because it would get waaaayy too long and be hard to find questions.
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No, there's no need to create a new section just for that. As for overlong threads, that's not a problem. This section already goes on for over forty pages, so I'd rather there was a very long thread than an entire board getting extended any further than is necessary. It's the boards people regularly try to navigate, not individual topics.

And a lot of the questions that Pendragon starts a new topic for could just as easily be placed in the "Great Dungeon Mysteries" thread a few pages back, and they'd be perfectly in place there.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Alright we'll have a team X Series X thread in future but don't go singling me out when others do the same OK and someone answer the question >:(