Series 3 - Episode 11

Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Last Saturdays Episode(8/2/03) Hilarious

Post by Emii »

I hope the RPG filming will be this good - I'm the worst when it comes to trying to keep a straight face. You should see me at cadets - the Boss will be screaming his balls off at us about something we've screwed up royally and I'll be standing to attention trying not to let my hysterics show!!!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Kawaii_Catgirl
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Kawaii_Catgirl »

I think the team walking into a wall was a sound effect, as there probably wasn't a wall there in the blue-screen room.

Still, I maintain that the funniest moment I've seen has to be Kelly's advisors telling her to "take the door in front of you" when she can't see!
"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Still, I maintain that the funniest moment I've seen has to be Kelly's advisors telling her to "take the door in front of you" when she can't see!
It's almost like they're meant to be on the set of a different show and somehow ended up there accidentally, since they fail to grasp this most basic of premises. She can't see, dears.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

At least Treguard found it funny!
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I feel a tad sorry for the oh-bearded-one too sometimes :) very hard job when you are supposed to be this tough old nut.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Catweazle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catweazle »

The Team on 8/2/03 were superb. "There's No Door There, Team" had me in hysterics. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens between Julie and the goblins ,i've heard so much about it   ;D
cheese_n_pickle

Post by cheese_n_pickle »

the first team were rather inept weren't they!  all their shouting over one another got them into some sticky situations lol :)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Team 9 - Scott Pathway Walk zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think we all heard when he went smack into the wall (I think that's when he discovered which way was left). There was the other bit when they thought that there was adoor way and almost guided him into the wall again. I missed yesterdays so I can't remember what happened. Also we all know what happens next "Ask the goblins if they would like a present" ;D
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 28 Jun 2003, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 3 Episode 11

Post by Tom41 »

Only got 1/3 on Golgarach's riddles, so didn't get any information from him about the clues. Took the horn and the key - at least they didn't take the dagger, like several other teams!

Met Mrs Grimwold in the 4-door room, and refused to buy a map of Level 1 from her. Dungeoneer sidestepped into the wall of the blue room (you could hear a bang) when he messed up his left and right!

The Beam Room was used as a Beam Room again this time ;) with lasers making the floor disappear. Did you notice there seemed to be another Helmet of Justice on the floor, but it disappeared when the laser hit it?

Blew the horn in the kitchen to summon Velda, who killed a knight who was on guard there. I like the sound effect for the horn!
Velda: "Does the bearded one still look over you?"
Velda referred to Treguard as 'Treguard of Dunshelm' - perhaps he's a knight ;)
They took the extreme left door in the kitchen.

In the Corridor of Catacombs, the knight returned so they had to get out fairly quickly! This time using the right hand door.

Unusual way of getting to level 2. They had to wait for a keyhole to move down onto the trapdoor, then kneel down put the key in the keyhole. Notice how an adviser almost asks "Can you see..." when he realises it's obvious that he can't see the trapdoor or the keyhole!
Using the key opened up the trapdoor and they fell onto the spindizzy!

Guided the dungeoneer through the wrong door (not the one with the chalice) so had an additional obstacle - a 9-square puzzle. Almost as soon as they came into the room, they told the dungeoneer to get the food on the floor!
Of the 9 squares, 3 were already cleared, (one had the life force in it at the start), and they could clear only 2 more squares. The dungeoneer had to call out their names, and obviously couldn't see it, so just called out a name at random "Treguard". Then he was told to call out Ian's name, thus clearing the right side of the puzzle - so they could see the way out.

Encountered the Oracle of Confusion in the Level 2 clue room (which didn't have any clues, oddly). I liked the strange ethereal music that was playing in the background while they listened to the Oracle by lifting up the helmet.
Also a Knightmare classic - they tried to exit through the right side of the room where "there's no door there, team!". Gained the 2nd step clue "Cradle" from the Oracle.
The screen glitch in the original ITV broadcast and the Sci-Fi repeat of this episode seems to have been fixed for the Challenge broadcast. As Treguard was telling them to replace the helmet, there's a brief picture glitch and the sound mutes for about 1 second - this doesn't happen in Challenge broadcasts.
"Enough, replace the helmet, you'll learn no... (silence) ...rest here."
I guess Challenge got new tapes made from Anglia's original masters, rather than using the glitched version that was shown on CITV and Sci-Fi. Also explains why the original production logo on Series 1 is shown on Challenge.

In the next room, the raven gave them the 3rd step clue "Ghastly Goblins". Then onto the bridge which was haunted by 2 skulls. The top skull damaged their life force as they went through!
Look carefully and you'll notice that the skull seems to deliberately move down to damage their life force!

In Merlin's room, they missed the 1st step clue so they had to invoke the 2nd and 3rd. Then had to jump the gap for the 1st step. Jumped brilliantly, "pretend it's the long jump at school" but then stepped off the platform and died!
If he hadn't taken that step after jumping, he might have survived!

Next team rolled the dice, the 3 doors appeared - this time there was no indication which door to take. They took the door on the right. Timed out in the next room, the 'snake' room (though the snake hadn't appeared yet).

Was there a screen glitch for everyone else as Treguard was giving his 'farewell' speech to the viewers?
I liked the credits background - the 9-square puzzle digitally dissolving to Owen the dragon. Perhaps I could make an Animated GIF of him ;)
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 3 Episode 11

Post by HarveyTowers »

Not sure who "that posh bloke" in Knightmare is, but the Challenge announcer seemed to.

Began with the third riddle about the maid who follows night, I would have went for day as well.

Dungeoneer is quite good, promptly checking the objects and ruling out the dagger at least they could guess this one.

Met Mrs. Grimwold who tried to swap a "map" for the dungeoneer's horn. Treguard warned them but he decided to keep the horn.

Team are a bit shouty and seen to like to throw the dungeoneer from wall to wall.

Into the kitchen where the kinght stood. Were right to keep the horn as it summoned Velda to scare off the Knight. Bit of banter as a nice little interlude even though it contained a few threats from the Elf folk.

Met the Knight again in the Corridor of the Catacombs and on through the dwarf tunnels.

Bit of a change here, wellway missing but an appearence of a trapdoor. Was anyone else waiting for Mellie to walk in?

On the Spindizzy and one door had the chalice over it, but they missed it unfortunatly and came into a rather novel room. One of the good thing about this season was the one offs. The team made it harder by allowing the dungeoneer to guess even though he couldn't see!

Oracle of Confusion again but looked diffferent from the last and I'm not sure who played it. The second step is the cradle. Tried to get the dungeoneer to walk through a wall before finding the door.

Into the bird's room where they shouted over the clues. The third step is "ghastly goblins."

Though that the bridge room was going to be a lock-in with the two skulls but they made it through.

The team missed the first step, probably from the Wall Monster but possibly from Velda. Were let off with actions and only had to name the steps.

"Ooh, that is nasty!" Think they were killed even though they made a safe landing. As Treguard say they "made a lot of blunders but were a lot of fun to travel with." Quite a nice tribute, methinks.

New team choose the right-hand path despite having no clues in the dice room but timed out in Ka's room.

Had a nice mix in the credits with the bricked up room then Owen the Dragon.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I missed this episode, due to the fact I'm in Birmingham at the moment (and was stuck in a car whilst the episode was being shown). Still, I'll try my best at a comment, from memory when I last saw this episode:
It looks to me like Scott's death wasn't his fault at all, he seems to suddenly turn 180 degrees and fall over- something not physically possible, so I imagine that you had to have ALL steps to get to Merlin's chair, otherwise instant death.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

This team made a lot of mistakes, to be honest. However, I fail to see how anyone could have got past that nasty skull that damaged their life force.

Mind you, when you guide your dungeoneer straight into a wall, you aren't likely to succeed...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Selphie
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 3 - Episode 11

Post by Selphie »

I enjoyed watching this team; they really seemed to be enjoying themselves and getting into it. Unfortunately they were too excitable to get very far. When they only got 1/3 in the clue room I thought they were doomed and I think they did from the reactions on their faces. Their poor dungeoneer must have been nearly deaf by the end with all the shouting the team were doing.

I think that this team would have done really well if they'd been a little bit older so their enthusiasm was a little more controlled. Definitely entertaining though! I can forgive a lot of ineptness if the team are making the most of it. If I'd been on KM I would have been so excited I don't think I would have made much sense at all to anyone watching!

With regards to this team's death, I'm not completely decided if they were killed off deliberately because they didn't have all of the steps, but I would say that with the control/movement style of their dungeoneer it wouldn't surprise me if he did make the jump and then did take a step forward which put him off the edge. Having said that there was no way this team were going to win, they might have finished level 2 if their luck had held out but that's about the best I could foresee, so maybe it was decided that that was as good a place to finish them as any.

ETA: I can actually see why they thought that there might be a door in the level 2 oracle/clue room where there actually isn't. If you look at that wall you can see a break in the skirting at the bottom and the wall is also darker, it's meant to be only an alcove, but their attempt to go for it isn't as silly as it first appears.
Last edited by Selphie on 21 Nov 2008, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
A revolution without dancing isn't a revolution worth having.
Helvellyn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 3 - Episode 11

Post by Helvellyn »

Looking at it carefully, it does appear that the dungeoneer stumbles off the path and genuinely falls. That's a great pity in a way, because all too often on Knightmare a mistake is either punished with death (or leaves you having to trust to luck in the case of clue objects), or turns out to not really matter at all. Not often did it just make something harder, but when that happens it's all well and good because it makes the whole thing seem less linear.
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 - Episode 11

Post by Aldarion »

All the teams in episodes 9 - 11 were really slow-witted and dumb weren't they! Failing to get the Orc question pissed me off almost as much as failing to grasp what the trapdoor was for.
At least this has one of the great "weird" rooms - the squares obstructing the view. "She's in a bit of a mood" raised a smile, almost as much as the "ask "him?"/"her?"" business with Mrs G.
Disappointment: the Behemoth showed up twice and didn't utter a single RARRR!!