Series 2 - Episode 14

RobCharles
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Humbugs

Post by RobCharles »

The Actress who played Mildread and Lilieth is still around ??
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

She is. At one point it was said that she'd died in 1998, but this was a mistake by the IMDb, confusing Mary Miller (who played Lillith) with Mary Millar (who didn't).
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

It wasn't as bad as that one team offering her a bar of soap. Yes, what nicer way to tell someone that they stink!
Well, maybe she could have put the bar of soap into the empty jar of humbugs and played with that (It can't be much fun in a spray-painted rocky domain with only a small ledge can it?)

I dunno.
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

I edited the humbug dialogue on nero wave editor.

It now says:

Anthony: Humbugs, I want the humbugs!
Lillith: HUMMMMMBUGS?
You offer me Hummmmmmbugs?
An empty jar?
How dare you insult me!!

I have no time for- hummmmbugs,
so Crummmmbugs, down!!!

platform falls and lillith cackles!

heehee
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

This bit of footage is just screaming out for a massive remix.

See the E-sure remix (http://www.funfreepages.com/videos/e-sure_remix.php) and Cillit Bang remix (http://www.funfreepages.com/flash/cillit_bang_remix.php) for examples of what I'm on about.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

funny that- I am a music producer and love sound editing!!!!

(see my webbie for projects I've done)
http://www.freewebs.com/djoska

The edited version sounds great!

I actually sound-edited some samples from the game I did.
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

djoska wrote: funny that- I am a music producer and love sound editing!!!!
Possibly the "Humbugs" remix would need the video as well, but this sounds right up your street.

Give it a go!

*thumping beats* Hum-bugs! Hum-bugs! Hum-humhumhumhum-bugs! *thumping beats* (etc)...
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

that's the score!!!

I do a lot of Dance music!
you checked out the site?
There's some of all kinds of me and my mates projects!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

humbugs lol
AKA Ross 'Raven's Eye' Thompson
Knightmare Audio Series
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 2 - Episode 14

Post by Drassil »

I like Series 2, but would like it even more if not for its arbitrary unfairness when it comes to Level 1 clue objects. In this matter, S2 teams appear to fall into 3 categories:

A. Teams that only need one clue object to complete Level 1, e.g. Julian's and Tony's.

B. Teams that need two correct clue objects to complete Level 1, e.g. Martin's (failed through lack of Ground Toad's Legs), Jamie's (Humbugs for Troll, Small Change to create wellway).

C. In between A and B, teams that need two clue objects to complete L1 and can get away with a 'wrong' one, e.g. Neil's (needed dagger & bone; got away with dagger & potion).

Added to this are differing degrees of difficulty at the clue tables. Martin's two truths earned him no clue object tips whatsoever. Neil's team got advice in exchange for a single correct answer ('the weapon is useful'), and given their later bone/potion let-off, that advice was enough to get them to L2. Of Steven's L1 objects, one was a weapon and the other two quickly turned out to be linked (the invisibility talisman + the glove needed to turn it off).

The relevance of all that to this episode is that while Anthony's team tends to be regarded as Category B (failed through lack of potion), I would speculate that they were in fact Category C. They could have got Olaf to accept the jar (after all, he was content with a candle in S3, and elated with an egg-timer elsewhere in S2), and then used the gold to pay what Lillith described as the "toll" for using her causeway. Although she mentioned a potion, I'd suggest that Mary Miller was told to do so, so that Treguard could explain their potion/poison mistake in his post-mortem.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

I thought it was absolutely hilarious and pretty darn stupid to take an empty jar of humbugs. The dungeoneer and his team mates did seem pretty gameless though. I would have liked an ooh nasty there would have benn justa s nice with Akash's death which was funny enough but even funnier with treguards ooh nasty
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It's a minor first, this, but I think this was the first death-by-falling that saw a proper 'falling' effect i.e. the image of the dungeoneer drops off the bottom edge of the screen, rather than the whole screen pseudo-sliding downwards to be replaced by an image of the life force clock. That was a breakthrough of sorts, as it was an effect that was to be used an awful lot in future, especially in Season Three.
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldarion »

Did they know it was empty? Surely they saw the prev. quest and thought it was another jar of "humming bugs" to repel an opponent.
Even in 1988 I knew she was saying "humm-bugs" using the same tone of voice with which bad actresses say "A Haanndd-bag!" I liked that, even as I braced myself for a possible bee-sting death!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

As in episode 6, someone shouts in the background at one point during this episode. It happens just as they exit the spider ledge, before arriving in the kitchen. I think he might be shouting "Cut!"
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Not a lot to say about this really, none of the team could read and got what was coming to them. The Invisibility talisman is a nice addition.

I noticed when the dungenner had fell to his death on of the advisor's looked as if he was doodling lol...
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in