Series 2 - Episode 11

Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:Series 2 unfair death

Post by Eyeshield »

I've just written a rundown of the top five most and least deserving deaths for an upcoming issue of TES, and Jamie made it in there pretty high (for least deserved, naturally). If they had had the presence of mind to move Jamie to stand near the door before they cast FREE, they might have made it, but they were definitely not given enough time to collect the MEDAL spell - the first piece didn't even disappear for ages after Jamie had stood on it. This was a pretty weird situation altogether, really.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 2 unfair death

Post by Pooka »

The Automatum is quite slow. I doubt he would have killed the team even if he had reached them. Maybe they did lack time, but they should've had a go anyway.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2, Team 9

Post by knightmaredave »

the automatom was ace but that medal spell was unjuste oh well arie adnie got supper tho!!!!
knightmaredave
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 2, Team 9

Post by Aldarion »

Correct me if, but dIdn't Mr Stahl say that he wasn't supposed to kill anyone as the Automatum and got in quite a panic when he hit someone on the helmet "by accident"?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 2 - Episode 11

Post by Drassil »

Tom41 wrote:...they conjured up a well by throwing the Small Change purse into the cauldron!
It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase 'change in vat'.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

I wish to register both my ecstatic pleasure and disbelieving rage at the above post.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Sorry, registration closed after 'ecstatic pleasure'. You should have got here earlier. Your disbelieving rage has been redirected to our Series 8 Life Force Clock Department.
Aldarion wrote:Correct me if, but dIdn't Mr Stahl say that he wasn't supposed to kill anyone as the Automatum and got in quite a panic when he hit someone on the helmet "by accident"?
It was a Mr. Edmund Dehn who played the Automatum. I don't think he's quoted as having said anything along those lines. For a Stahl-automaton connection, try Terminator 3.
Aldarion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldarion »

So that's it - I realised within seconds that I'd got his name wrong, and wondered what had led me down that particular blind alley.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 11

Post by Canadanne »

Tom41 wrote:The answer to the first riddle was 'Hippogriff'...
Cedric was rather generous to accept this answer, considering it was wrong. Then again, they didn't get much of a reward for a supposedly perfect score - Cedric merely accompanied them into the next room, and I can't imagine his presence was vital to get past the toadodile in the corridor. Anyway, a score of 2 would probably have been enough to earn his services (assuming a score of 1 would simply allow them to take the food), so shouldn't they get something extra for 3? What happened to "I command you"?
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Odd quest and a really unfair death.
Had they kept the Free spell for themselves I'm sure they would be punished for it mater on, although Treguard didn't seem to fussed if they had left Gretal in the web. But they weren't even giving a chance to collect the Medal spell parts, they also got all level 2 riddles correct. Truly unfair this death.

Nothing special has happened with the new team yet, other than life force damage.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes the death was a bit harsh. The angle the automatum came in at, the team had no chance to pick up the 3 parts of the medal spell. Good death though. Apart from that not a great deal happened in this episode.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

There's something fishy about that Automatum scene where they don't have enough time to collect the medal pieces. Watch carefully when it switches back and forth between the room and the advisors - there's a slight change in lighting and camera position when the Automatum enters, as if the scene has been refilmed, and then it changes back again when Treguard says "Too late" and tells them to exit now. Perhaps something happened that we didn't get to see, so it wasn't as ridiculously harsh as it looked?
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:There's something fishy about that Automatum scene where they don't have enough time to collect the medal pieces. Watch carefully when it switches back and forth between the room and the advisors - there's a slight change in lighting and camera position when the Automatum enters, as if the scene has been refilmed, and then it changes back again when Treguard says "Too late" and tells them to exit now. Perhaps something happened that we didn't get to see, so it wasn't as ridiculously harsh as it looked?
I still think it was harsh. The team advised Jamie to sidestep to the right but Jamie stepped to the left a little bit instead so this didn't help. But the angle the Automatum came in, I felt the team had no chance. Maybe if it had came in from the middle it would have given the team a fair chance to gain the medal spell.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

I know the team was a bit slow but they had no change, the Automatum was also moving a lot quicker than usual. It was as if they were never meant to get it and keep the Free spell for themselves.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

I did wonder if this was actor error i.e. moved too quickly or walked at wrong angle... Perhaps one for Tom Hunt as I guess he'd have been in charge of angles of entry etc.

But yes, we don't get to see it in real time so who knows what really happened. I remember this death vividly though. I wonder if they'd have been allowed to leave the room if they'd been selfish with the spell and killed off in some inventive, fiendish fashion or whether the third web would just have appeared to cut them off anyway.
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!