Series 2 - Episode 8

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Series 2 - Episode 8

Post by Illusion »

Do not post here until after 7.30 on 28th June 2004.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2 - Episode 8

Post by Tom41 »

Notice how the 'wall monster appear' sound effect is played again, when they resume from Time Out, even though they were already in the middle of questioning!
I would have got the magic tree riddle right, but only because a very similar riddle was on the Crystal Maze ;)

The team got some information out of Granitas having only answered one riddle right! Other teams who got 1/3 just got the object of the quest, nothing more from the wall monster.

Mildread changed her voice again and imitated one of the advisers. I think they probably had an impressionist doing the voice while the team was playing, then got the adviser to dub his real voice later on.
I think they should have taken the bone for Mildread, since she hinted at it - but they didn't know to take it because they didn't earn the information from the wall monster! Mildread took the potion anyway "It'll come in handy!" and gave them a word "Stalagtite", which might be a password for later on. Might have been the wrong password though, since they gave Mildread the 'wrong' item...

Strange way of dealing with a Cavern Wraith (ghost), by holding up the magic dagger!

Ah, so this is why Granitas didn't tell them their quest - they were able to choose it in the multi-door room! I wonder what would happen if you took the Way Out? Surely they would have had a script for that eventuality...

What appeared to be a clue room next, but with a skeleton on the table instead! The skeleton had a key inside its ribcage, which they took - but I didn't see anything else to take.

Mogdred appeared in the bridge room, and paralyzed Treguard. In addition, he spellcast SHROUD on the dungeoneer to make him invisible! Took the team FOREVER to figure out the correct 'wrong' spelling, after trying everything! Saying the word 'Stalagtite', calling 'Reverse-spell' instead of Disspell! Notice Treguard desperately trying to say 'Letter O' which they forgot in the disspell!

Interesting how there was a Sprite of Energy (tree) on the Combat Chess board, so they had to figure out how to get there with Knight's moves, as well as getting to the door!

A new-look Corridor of Spears in this episode, with the machinery visible! "If we ever say Run, we mean RUN, and when we say Stop, we mean STOP right there" The spears didn't disappear when the dungeoneer had passed, but the camera angle was such that the spikes wouldn't appear behind him when he'd passed.

Did you notice the sound when he collected the Sword piece was the same sound effect as was used for the Status Bar appearing in later series?

I liked Merlin being lost in mid-air and them having to guide him down to his chair! When Merlin was asked to repeat his riddle, he repeated it VERY slowly and clearly. Timed out before they could answer Merlin's 3rd riddle.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

The thing that amuses me most about this episode is the 'Shroud' confussion, has to be one of the best Dungeoneer messups in the show's history.

Also, the perspective in Merlin is not all that good when he finally lands, he appears to be smaller than the actual Dungeoner.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Johnro
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Johnro »

They actually decided their quest at the start of their quest ;)
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

This team haven't quite got things all together...

As they stepped out the "Sword" door:

"Wait, who's that lady!?"
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Yes, a fantastic moment in this episode dealing with the whole SHROUD spell, with Treguard saying 'O...O...O...' whilst the team think he's simply moaning in pain, finally blurting out 'Let...ter...O!'!
Would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if they had taken the Way Out, but they chose the sword as they did in the last episode. (Folly: "I'd pick the sword, it's the hardest, but the others aren't any easier!")
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Great episode,
team getting in all kinds of trouble. but they did get let off many times, (Mildred, Mogdred)

yeah they chose the sword at the start of the quest.

Way out.. the blades?!! ;)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
DoragonShindaisha
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DoragonShindaisha »

My thoughts on this episode are as follows:

I) Mogdred was hilarious in this episode. Instead of casting a death-dealing spell of some sort, he simply made the Dungeoneer invisible. Then, he laughed his ass off for four minutes as the advisors tried desperately to reverse the spell. Mogdred did look a little weak after the team finally managed to dis-spell, but I guess they didn't want to kill them off right there and then. Tip for Mogdred: Cast long and complicated spells on this team - they won't have a chance at reversing them!

II) Treguard made a little mistake in one of the scenes. He was mumbling on about "Making the right choice" when he stumbled on his words. I probably shouldn't have picked up on that, but it is very rare for Treggs to get a cut-scene wrong.

III) What the heck was "Stalagtite" for, anyway? I guess we'll never find out, unless of course the team use it in episode 9. I'm surprised Mildred took the potion instead of the bone, seen as the team got the riddles wrong and made the wrong choice. Again, maybe the producers didn't want to kill too many teams off this series. Having said that, this team didn't deserve to get through level one, in my opinion. They're a little slow.

IV) Notice one of the advisors say "Who's that woman in there?" in the four door room. He seemed quite curious. After winning Battle Chess, the team seemed very relieved. They were certainly pleased with themselves, even though the puzzle itself was a piece of cake to solve.

V) Merlin once again referred to himself as "Bert" in this episode, which I found to be quite amusing. I'm not sure whether I prefer Mogdred or Merlin, now...

VI) Knice corridor of spears. Although the old one was adequate, the spears themselves were a little silly. The Dungeoneers managed to dodge them, and the room was far too easy to get through. Add a few holes, make the spears faster and more difficult to dodge, and everything will be fine. :D

That's about it, really. I'm looking forward to today's (29/6) episode.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I think the main reason they re-jigged the corridor of spears was that it looked a bit woolly in season 1. This was because once the dungeoneer passed a set of spears back then they had to stop them moving or otherwise they'd block the advisors' view. That was fair play, but it still looked a bit rubbishy in practise so they reset them to a lower level on the screen so they could keep them moving at all times.

This team is actually one of my all-time favourites. They're not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer but they're still assertive and provide a lot of fun banter.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Tom41 wrote:Strange way of dealing with a Cavern Wraith (ghost), by holding up the magic dagger!
Cavern Wraith! What does that look like?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

A sheet. :-\
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Oh that again... They certainly liked table-cloths that year didn't they... ::)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

Doragon Shindaisha wrote: IV) Notice one of the advisors say "Who's that woman in there?" in the four door room. He seemed quite curious. After winning Battle Chess, the team seemed very relieved. They were certainly pleased with themselves, even though the puzzle itself was a piece of cake to solve.
They also seemed chuffed when Mogdred dissappeared with one of them shouting "Got him!"
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
keke
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by keke »

you know when they disspelled it, did they spell it wrong. coz i thought they did. starting with o then something. i was just ???
Knightmare game completion:
Level 1: 100%
Level 2: 8%
Level 3: 1%
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

^ to disspell you have to say the letters in the wrong order,
Last edited by Anonymous on 29 Jun 2004, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery