Re:Whos Who in S2

HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Knorr wozz eye.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Heh! They've got it now... :D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

HStorm wrote: Knorr wozz eye.
You've got the k now how (or something like that. It's from an old commercial for Knorr)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Oui, mademoiselle, vous avez la plus raison!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

Just remembered series 3 the Gargoyle and Owen were not credited but i think its Paul 'Motley' Valentine did the voice of gargoyle and Clifford 'Hordriss' Norgate for the voice of Owen
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Golgarach
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Golgarach »

Kieran wrote: Bumptious is indeed played by Tom Karol, the Gargoyle was played by Guy Standeven from what I am aware.
I'm pretty certain you are right re: Gargoyle Kieran. He sounds very much like Granitas and Olgarth, who was instead played by Guy Standeven.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Clifford Norgate did play Owen. It certainly sounds like Clifford but I don't know who played Gargoyle in series 3.
Listen puny flesh! Nothing may you take with the earning. Nothing may you know without the learning.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Owen was played by Clifford Norgate in S3, yes.

As for the Gargoyle in S3, I am not too sure to be honest, his voice doesn't sound like anyone elses, his mouth doesn't look like anyone elses.....

Shall I guess? Hmm...Tom Karol? He could play many different voices, even though, again, it sounds nothing like his other characters, there again does Olaf sound like Bumtious?
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Golgarach
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Golgarach »

Kieran wrote: Shall I guess? Hmm...Tom Karol? He could play many different voices, even though, again, it sounds nothing like his other characters, there again does Olaf sound like Bumtious?
He doesn't. It would be cool to know. ::) I'm guessing it's either Paul Valentine or Tom Karol because I know David Verrey and Clifford Norgate have beards. You can't see a beard around the Gargoyle's mouth whereas you can with the likes of Golgarach (Verrey) and Oakley (Norgate)
Listen puny flesh! Nothing may you take with the earning. Nothing may you know without the learning.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Whos Who in S2

Post by Canadanne »

Have I missed something, or is the golden dragon from Series 2 (same room as Owen) not credited anywhere? I'm 99% sure it's Lawrence Werber doing the voice - it has exactly the same speech patterns as Cedric. But he only seems to be listed as playing Cedric and Casper.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Whos Who in S2

Post by Pooka »

He's not credited, you're right. There's even a lot of debate about whether or not he is actually Owen with a slightly altered voice (although the general consensus is that they used the same dragon sprite and gave him a different voice). I think he only spoke once (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), so it'd be interesting to find who did the voice in that case...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Whos Who in S2

Post by Canadanne »

I would say the S2 dragon and Owen are certainly not the same individual, they're too different in both accent and personality. If Lawrence Werber was indeed the voice of the original, that would explain why they couldn't use the same character in Series 3 (when the actor had left), so rather than waste a perfectly good animation, they simply changed the colour and made it into a new dragon.

The one in Series 2 appeared twice, in episodes 5 and 13. Owen made just the one appearance.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Whos Who in S2

Post by HStorm »

As I understand it, someone at Anglia stated a few years back that it was the same dragon, but I find that very hard to believe. Owen was a very kindly, affable and approachable creature, if a little condescending, whereas the season 2 version was very hostile, aggressive and carnivorous. They also appeared to be of two different nationalities (although the idea that a dragon of thousands of years of age would submit to the 9th Century boundaries of the human race is doubtful).