Series 2 - Episode 7

knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 2 - Episode 7

Post by knightmaredave »

must watch this episode before tonight's ep as i was away last weekend, it was a fun quest because they were well,, so stupid i mean if they can't spell then what's the point i actually wish Mogdred got rid of them there and then would have been much better.
The clue room was too generous as well really I suppose we'd already had 2 level 2 deaths a third would have well made the series a bit more boring. I didn't like the ledge room u never knew what/who would be there and this time it was Mogdred
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by fluttermoth »

I really don't think they should (shuld? :p) have been allowed to get past Mogred.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Guy Standeven's troll cracks me up in the scene with Akash... it's the way he's being all generous and philosophical one moment, then abruptly finishes with "Shove off then" as if wondering why he's still there!
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

A totally crazy episode. I remember this one so well.
Many people have rated team 6 as the worst team ever, altho i think that's a little harsh. Let's just say that to describe their performance as mediocre would be a compliment.

I actually felt rather sorry for the advisor Tanya as she was the only one who showed real enthusiasm. The others contributed very little and didn't seem to care whether they were there or not.

Chose the right-hand exit from a surprisingly empty first room, then received a "TRUTH" spell from the troll with very little effort. Had a total panic in the bomb room, altho admittedly plenty of teams did. They initially reacted well, but weren't helped by Treguard's interruption just as they started to give their directions. Even so, that fuse seemed to run for a very long time....

They were a little unfortunate with their riddles. The first one was tricky (more suitable for level 2) and the second one was a bit ambiguous (altho their answer was poor) but the third one they messed-up. Tanya actually told them the correct answer, but inexplicably her team-mate (who admitted she didn't know the answer ::) ) ignored her and told Akash to say something else, eliciting an annoyed "I told you!" >:( when Igneous thundered "Falsehood!" again.

Their choice of clue objects was difficult as well. Unlike some quests, there wasn't an obviously wrong object such as a crossbow or dagger, so they had to totally guess. The ice-pack (which they rejected) was a very unusual item, suggesting that it was there for a reason, but the other two items both had arguments for/against.
Next up was the corridor of the catacombs. They actually moved Akash very quickly, but in their rush to get out they just automatically headed for the right-hand exit, failing to realise that the sword symbol of their quest was on the left-hand door. ::) Finally took the correct exit after heavy hinting from Treguard.

Arrived in Lillith's chamber to find her with a severe hangover, err i mean headache ;D and demanding an ice-pack! 8-o They made a last-gasp attempt to bribe Lillith with the precious gem, altho it was unlikely to work. We all know what happens to teams who fail to please Lillith. >:D
"So crumble ledge and Akash too!" It was certainly a short but entertaining quest.

You would have expected that team 7 would seem low-key after this, but hold right on there....
They also had a total panic in the bomb room, distracted by some food which they wouldn't have safely collected before detonation. Eventually scrambled out without it.
Next up was the clue room with food anyway. Granitas was in full flow when the gong sounded.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Morghanna wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 14:42 A totally crazy episode. I remember this one so well.
Many people have rated team 6 as the worst team ever, altho i think that's a little harsh
If there was a worse one, I shudder to imagine what they must have been like. Team 2 in season 1 were pretty terrible, but they have the excuse that they couldn't have had any prior experience of watching the show. Team 7 in season 2 were pretty dim and blunder-prone, and appalling at spelling, but I wouldn't put them in the 'as-bad' bracket as Aqash's team. Scott's team in season 3 perhaps?

After 1989, the production team had pretty much got the hang of filtering out the really bad teams.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

There was a certain team in series 3.... (Altho not the one you mentioned.)
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
asrl07
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 7

Post by asrl07 »

HStorm wrote: 12 Sep 2009, 01:35 Clue room time, and, my my, isn't Igneous in a rotten mood? Very impatient for answers. And if that really is what he's looking for, boy, has he chosen the wrong team. It's understandable not knowing the answer to the first riddle (King Canute isn't nearly as famous as some of the post-Norman monarchs), and the second riddle is perhaps a bit ambiguous (I'd say answers like 'car', 'cart' and even 'bicycle' would be reaonable, if anachronistic), but you can't really give them the benefit of the doubt over the third. Most children over the age of six know that the pull of the moon causes the tides (or at least they did back in the 1980's. Not so sure about the modern generation).
My theory is the phrasing of the riddle might have thrown them. The wall monster said "what moves the waves?", whereas what he meant was what causes the tides, but waves have nothing to do with tides, so they didn't pick up on what he meant. Wind is what moves waves, unless it is a tsunami which is generated by a submarine vertical displacement.
Beltane
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 7

Post by Beltane »

asrl07 wrote: 05 Mar 2022, 21:23
My theory is the phrasing of the riddle might have thrown them. The wall monster said "what moves the waves?", whereas what he meant was what causes the tides, but waves have nothing to do with tides, so they didn't pick up on what he meant. Wind is what moves waves, unless it is a tsunami which is generated by a submarine vertical displacement.
A small part of me would dearly have loved to have watched a wall monster, tree troll, or whatever present a riddle only to get a highly technical answer like this in return.