Series 2 - Episode 6

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 6

Post by Canadanne » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Tom41 wrote:"Dread-mog who causes all disruption"
So is Mogdred just known as "Mog" to his friends, a bit like Merlin / Bert? :P

As they exit the laser room and express their relief at surviving it, you can hear some guy shout in the background - it sounds like "Help!"

wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 2 - Episode 6

Post by wombstar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I liked this team, they had a challenging level 1 and handled it quite well, but their death was certainly justified, I was shouting at the tv 'take the glove' But how would a glove beat that beastie? normally a teams sneaks past it for use a spell.

The mechanical worrier was a bit odd... making a random first appearance.

IF they has gotten all three riddles correct I wonder of they would have been giving the Down spell instead.. (best not discuss what they went down I think)
And they didn't use that bar of silver.

And challenge needs to suspend whoever was a fault with the voice over!!! if I make mistakes at work I get punished for it or pay taking away...that was shocking,
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in

pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Ha yes that was a schoolboy error!

Wasn't the best of episodes but I loved the death! If I was a kid watching it when it was first on it would have scared me a bit! The background music that was played when Mogdread said 'Pray forever' was freaky and complemented the death very well. The team were ok but did deserve to fail as they missed the obvious clue of 'accept the challenge' from the oracle.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:34 pm

If two correct answers earned the team enough information to make successful clue object choices, what more would three correct answers have got them? And is it so hard to write a Level 1 for every team, not just some, where two clue objects are needed? The team could have taken the fish instead of the silver and still got through. In fact, they could have used the fish to upset the monster's stomach.

Other than that, what an episode. I found so much to enjoy here. One of Treguard's best Dungeon ditties; Combat Chess (and at the risk of sounding odd, I really like the walls in that room); the bizarre tableau of a boy trying to stuff a whole roast chicken from a laid table into his bag while a lion's face shoots lasers around him; Mildread snapping at Gretel; a dungeoneer becoming living excrement; the Spirit Level concept; the promise of a scene where Bumptious lets a dungeoneer use the mining tunnel (even if it never materialised); the debut of the ethereal, cryptic oracle, another fine idea imported from Greek mythology; the Mills of Doom. I like seeing catacombites too, but not the idea that a dungeoneer can escape one by simply power-walking past it. As for how the quest ended, I went from feeling chilled by Mogdred to laughing out loud at Treguard's response. The ability to deliver this kind of contrast is what makes Knightmare a superior show.

Could Tony be the most active dungeoneer ever? Stepping, running, jumping, lying down (I seem to recall a song about bridges and laying down), weightlifting, Helmet of Justice lifting. Lucky he had so much food.

The Challenge continuity announcements are irksome at the best of times (celebrity voiceovers excepted), but even when the announcement played over Treguard last night, I forgave on the understanding that Challenge wouldn't dare commit the same crime again on this morning's repeat. Indeed, they acknowledged their mistake. But then they did it once more. I was extremely dismayed. A low point in what has been an amazing week for Knightmare.

And I can't post about this episode without mentioning my fanfic The Cure for Disruption, which is set just after this quest.

dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 6

Post by dugeoneerborne » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Canadanne wrote:
Tom41 wrote:"Dread-mog who causes all disruption"
So is Mogdred just known as "Mog" to his friends, a bit like Merlin / Bert? :P

As they exit the laser room and express their relief at surviving it, you can hear some guy shout in the background - it sounds like "Help!"
Treguard: He's morgred to many, but i like to call him bob.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Possibly helped by the Geek Week publicity, this episode made the weekly Top 10 for Challenge+1:

1 8 OUT OF 10 CATS (SAT 2450) 48,000
2 CATCHPHRASE (THU 2130) 45,000
3 TNA IMPACT (SUN 2201) 44,000
4 FUN HOUSE (FRI 2259) 39,000
5 KNIGHTMARE (FRI 2329) 35,000
6 NINJA WARRIOR SERIES 1 2 3 (RELICENCE) (SUN 1030) 32,000
7 CLASSIC WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE S1 (FRI 2200) 30,000
8 8 OUT OF 10 CATS (SAT 2359) 29,000
9 SUPERMARKET SWEEP (MON 1230) 29,000
10 CATCHPHRASE (TUE 2100) 25,000

rmcintosh1983
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by rmcintosh1983 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Mogdred is genuinely terrifying when he gloats over Tony's demise. As is the music. No chance would the kids of today be exposed to such dark material! (Their loss)