Series 2 - Episode 2

Criz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

One for the KM gurus

Post by Criz »

I remember the episode of KM that made me really think "Wow" in terms of originality and "coolness" was one where the Dungeoneer is next to a well, and he sees Tregard beckoning him to jump into the well - but back in the advisor's room Tregard's sitting there having a fit. Turns out to be a witch attempting to get the Dungeoneer to jump into her disguised cauldron.

Anyone tell me which series/episode?? :-*
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:One for the KM gurus

Post by Malefact »

Hi! I think that's series 2, episode 3.
Subject to change.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Good scene that! Mildread's the witch, and it's from the end of Series 2 Episode 2.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

I remember that amusing scene! :) As I remember, Mildread found it very funny, right until the point where Treguard said that if she ever tried to restrain him or steal his Shape again, he would arrange for her to have a "meeting" with Merlin. Judging by Mildread's reaction, she seems to have been terrified at that prospect...
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 2 - Episode 2

Post by wombstar »

Whoa lots of new rooms here on level 1.
Still using that terrible snake graphic I see.. lol

First team really were giving a lot of help... being told to spellcast... at least they were soon killed off by a ghost.

Second victims... I mean team :) looked as if they got burned but with no effect, they were also giving a huge clue from Treguard with one of the riddles.

Mildread is brilliant.. but while I wish they kept her for series 3 we wouldn't have had Grimwold who was one of my absolute favorite.

"Taking the left door is always more dangerous" the team is told... yep a snake which doesn't move in a room that appears in almost every quest is 'more dangerous lol
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

the second episode was amazing, he rooms were goo fun and mostly fast in pace, the wraih was a cool death as well and are adnie has now made her appearance, which i was chuffed about shes one of my faves hey did really have to die there as they weren't v good at cedrics questions harsh but fair
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Just after the team entered Level 2, I saw a movement out the corner of my eye. A large spider was sitting right next to my face. Quite pertinent, given Cedric's first riddle.

With Cla(i)re's departure, we say farewell to the last female dungeoneer for quite some time. A few years ago, when she was getting ready for her wedding, she put on her veil and proceeded to have a flashback-induced screaming fit which only stopped when one of the bridesmaids pulled the veil off and beat it with the bouquet. This is, of course, a complete lie.

I'm inclined to think that Olaf would have been just as happy with the egg as he was with the egg timer. And if the team hadn't taken the gravewort, would we really have had another Mildread-driven death so soon?

Mildread shouldn't need to ask Christopher his name when she'd just used it! Perhaps her impersonation of Treguard, putting him in the Dungeon, was a commentary on how he had been so involved with helping the team in the clue room that he was practically there in person.

A Mary Miller character gets caught in temporal disruption for the second episode running.

A shame that this second episode of the second series didn't feature the debut of Combat Chess and its black bishop. After all, this was episode Tutu.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Ah, this was probably the episode that made me a lifelong KM fan. Such a variety of fantastic locations, my introduction to giant spiders (though in no way a KM original of course!) and Treguard's possession by Mildread - the latter is an extremely vivid childhood memory. To think I first saw it in 1988...

The more I watch the early series, the less I like the later ones. The early dungeon was such a weird and wonderful place.
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:Just after the team entered Level 2, I saw a movement out the corner of my eye. A large spider was sitting right next to my face.
8-o To quote Treguard: "Uurgh, how revolting!"
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

A great episode! The scene when Mildred impersonated Treguard was great and showed a lighter side to Knightmare. The snake scene let it down a tad though.

Another epic wound when Christoper had to ring the bell to cross the bridge! Plus was he the only dungeoneer to wear a tie?!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Drassil wrote: A Mary Miller character gets caught in temporal disruption for the second episode running.
and that's perfectly fine by me. Can you tell why I love the early seasons? Mary is something of a reason I got to be who I am today... although I must admit Claire seemed to marry Lilith whereas Mildread seems to just want to eat them...
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Another lively episode. Team 2 didn't last very long, which wasn't surprising. Great to see Cedric back and on top form: "More dung than ear by the look of it." ;D One advisor nearly jumped off her chair when he first leapt up and shouted at them.
What surprised me about their quest was how short level 1 seemed. They were already three rooms into level 2 when they met their end and yet their total quest time is listed as only 17 minutes. In the later series they wouldn't even be near the end of level 1 after that time....

Team 3 seem a bit more positive. Needed some prompting in the clue room, but finding their pace now.
The advisor wearing the glasses didn't say much. I wonder if he was sulking coz he forgot to pack his tie & yellow shirt. ;D
Dramatic sound effect when they pressed the bell, altho maybe more suitable for a tense moment in level 3 than the opening room.
First appearance of Olaf. I always enjoyed seeing him looting&pillaging the dungeoneers, a lighter moment in the series.
Mildread up to her tricks again when the bell sounded.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D