Series 2 - Episode 2

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Series 2 - Episode 2

Post by Illusion »

Do not post here until after 7.30pm on Friday 18th June 2004.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 2 - Episode 2

Post by MoanaLiza »

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH nooooooooooo. I could cry, it's soooo unfair.

About 7.00 and before that my dad had a bit of moan to a man at ntl about problems with his bill. He has now decided to go with the basic package. At about 7.30 my mum said to try my channel I watch as one she watches we can't get anymore, but I might or might not be able to get mine. So I flicked through the channels from the beginning noticing that there are still a few until getting to about channel 300 got to channel 307 (Challenge) and no prizes for guessing the next bit...
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Jun 2004, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Some good moments in this episode. I liked the team using the LITTLE spell to shrink a giant troll! There was also one of those 'ledge' rooms which just contained a food item. One of those unusual occasions where a room has (almost) no task to perform before continuing!

Also the first appearance of Ariadne the giant spider! Look closely at the Ariadne scene and you can see the clear plastic (or is it blue?) sheet that they made the tarantula walk on!

Team got killed by a ghost in Level 2, since they didn't gain magic from Cedric to use against the ghost! The ghost drained their life force at an accelerated rate, and they died. However, this wasn't a death due to the life force simply 'running out' (no death was), because a ghost influenced it.

Notice when the team get DISMISSed by Treguard, there is a small change in camera position as they fade away. Perhaps one of the advisers bumped the camera on the way out? ;D

Unusual room for the start of the next team, involved ringing a bell to bring down a bridge (similar to the bridge room in the 1st series) Took them a while to position the dungeoneer, then he actually had to PRESS the bell on the wall!

Encountered Granitas in the clue room, but he seemed to be a lot bigger than before - even slightly on the floor! ;)

First appearance of the Room of Fire (or whatever it's called). The dungeoneer DEFINITELY got hit by the flames on the left hand passage, but the life force didn't diminish...

Also, first appearance of the Vale of Worms, and Olaf who was 'Lootings' them of an egg timer! The 'worms' look more like maggots to me ;)

In the next room they encountered Mildread, but she was imitating Treguard and tried to make the team walk into the 'wellway' (cauldron in disguise). Also froze the real Treguard with magic, but Treguard fought off the spell eventually. Gave Mildread the herbs and she turned her cauldron into a REAL wellway. Look very closely and you can see the hole in the top of the blue structure that the dungeoneer would climb into. (This is true for most wellways)
Time-out in this room.

Spellcasting, E-D-I-T: the Room of Fire is one of my favourite rooms in Knightmare, so I made this:
http://tomsonic.dyndns.org:90/temp/km/roomfire.gif
How did I remove the dungeoneer from the animation? With great difficulty ;)
Last edited by Tom41 on 18 Jun 2004, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Ariadne - Great Grandmother of Arachnids appeared in this step - I thought that was supposed to be her web?

Didn't like the ghost scene - the early dungeon is really unforgiving! When did the "haunting"" sprites come in instead of this man hiding under a sheets?

At last, a smartly dressed team! Very few people go adventuring in their best clothes...

But they did manage to lose the table in the clue room - "The table's not in front of me!?"

Olaf appeared- not quite as humerous as he was in serious 3 with quite a lot of maggots - LOVELY!

Near the end in Mildread's chamber, he she was impresonating Treguard he sat in his chair trying to fight off this spell - which the team noticed. "Treguard" by the well was must cheerier - many it was the Treguard character of the last few series sent back in time...

(Although I have to say Treguard sounds more like himself this series.)
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

This series is noticeably easier than Series 1, Treguard's giving more hints out, and Cedric let them take the grub even though they only got one riddle correct- but maybe this was because everyone involved knew they were going to die in the next room? It's great to hear that music cue again in the bridge room, especially with the 'thud' of the bridge bashing against the stone. And as for the bit at the end, that'll teach Mildread not to mess with Treguard- Hell hath no fury like a Treguard spurned! And it's also good to see the first appearances of Olaf and Ariadine in this episode, two characters I've always liked.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yes, indeed, lots of great new rooms were introduced today - along with Olaf and Ariadne. Some of the existing rooms have been modified a bit - Cedric's cave is now blue, for example.

This series is whizzing by. I quite like the pace of it. I notice that there isn't quite as much as emphasis on exiting rooms in this series - I guess what is done in a room is more important than how you get out (unless the room is booby-trapped, say). This principal can extend to KMVR.

Time out was signalled by a gong today for the first time and we didn't see the fire freeze (so to speak).
Subject to change.
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

For some reason, I thought the girls' team was going to be killed by Ariadme the spider. Then, as soon as they entered the level 2 clue room, I remembered exactly how they were going to die.

My Mum (who was watching with me) was quite disappointed, as she managed to answer the riddles correctly. xD
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Someone seemed to press the buzzer to feed an electric shock to Treguard in his chair...I've never seen him so animated.

I love it when each team comes to that room and is TOTALLY confused by the sight/sound of Mildred's tricks! The sight of Treguard got one of the advisors really puzzled, more so when 'vibrating' Treguard became more angry.

Return of that gate, too, with that sound effect that makes me jump- the odd trumpet one.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Willowherb
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Willowherb »

It's quite interesting the way there's that interaction between Treguard and people in the dungeon in this series, isn't it? And the team did look genuinely bewildered at what was happening with Mildred - it's when you see something like this that you know that the kids weren't told too much of what to expect before starting the quest.

I liked it when the 'well' was revealed to be Mildred's steaming cauldron - that really does give you the creeps when you see what she was trying to do.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Mildread is a very creepy person, if you can call her a person.

I do love the fire room, it is probably my earliest clear memory of the show. They did stand on the fire a bit, I have never noticed that they stopped practically in the middle of it on the far left hand side.

The pace of the season is really beginning to pick up.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

I think the girls' team would have died a lot sooner without Treguard's help. In series 1, Treggs seemed to be quite a nasty piece of work, and he enjoyed watching the Dungeoneers die horrible deaths. In this series, he's helped two teams avoid serious mistakes (taking the cup with a bitter taste, for example).

Perhaps he started to feel sorry for all those dead, deceased Dungeoneers. :D
FrightKnight wrote:Someone seemed to press the buzzer to feed an electric shock to Treguard in his chair...I've never seen him so animated.
I laughed and laughed when I saw Treguard having a spasm on his throne. In fact, I remember laughing at it when I saw the episode for the first time on CITV all those years back. What I want to know is, how did they get Mildred to use the advisor's voice for things he hadn't already said to the Dungeoneer? "Martin - in front of you there's a well. Climb into it. Come on, what are you waiting for?" Surely, they must have had him record the lines beforehand. Either that or Mildred didn't actually say anything (which would explain the dumbstruck look on the faces of the advisors).

A great episode, with plenty of new rooms.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Well 1st time we see Treguard in person in the dungeon,
kinda.

Mildred is one evil peace of work..and for level one? i hate to think whats in level 2 and 3.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

Girl's team - Lillith gave them "a little spell" but didn't explicitly tell them what it was called. And that is only level 1! Level 3's difficulty must be sky high.

With 2 deaths in roughly 1 and a half episodes the pace of the show is prety quick.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

So two deaths already then? Damn I missed the second...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

S2 - Team 2 (Death)

Post by Fidjit »

Has anyone recorded this death. I know it sounds stupid but I really wanta see what happens to the team. Or if anyone can clip ot up know what I mean?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/