Series 2 - Episode 1

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 2 - Episode 1

Post by Drassil »

Under most circumstances, a password would be a basic necessity to keep a team out of losing status, but for Claire's team it was only earned after an I-command-you. For me, this explains why the necklace went unused: had the team not scored 3/3 and learned the password, they could and would have bribed their way past Gumboil. In one of the later quests, a password is again awarded as bonus if not superfluous knowledge.

When the team are choosing clue objects, one of them says of the cup, "He wouldn't like it with a bitter taste." Which "he" did she mean? And why was it said in such a bizarrely light-hearted, almost cheeky way? You're trying to say alive in a Dungeon, not shopping for novelty birthday presents!
Gretel
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gretel »

Well, I must say Folly wasn't very nice was he now?

*ahem*

sorry, I'm a wee bit protective of sweet wee Gretel the 'maiden sort of maid'. Guess what that basically means? Total innocent (and slightly childish which is stupidly cute if you ask me).

Right so on to my other massive thing... stuck with Lilith in the room? I very very much doubt I would have complained too much actually, although I'm hoping they do go with the 'gave Lilith a pearl necklace' line or I shall faint from laughing so hard.
"you should be able to hear from my voice that I'm terribly pretty, now DO you think I'm pretty?"
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Tom41 wrote:Regarding the voice change, I think only 3 possibilities:

1. The adviser who Mildread mimiced was in on the story, and recorded his voice prior to the quest starting - then Mildread could mime to it. Probably wouldn't have told the other advisers, and would have just looked surprised like the rest when the moment came!

2. Somebody else did a good imitation of the adviser's voice when Mildread mimed (lines were scripted), but the real adviser recorded a voice-over later on.

3. Everything was scripted, the adviser pre-recorded the voice, and the dungeoneer was in on it. Must have just told the advisers to look astonished when the voice came out of Mildread, even though they knew about it! ;)
4. None of the above! After all the speculation in this thread, it was great to read the original brief about Mildread, confirming how they achieved the trick with her imitating the advisor's voice. :) Interesting to learn that Folly's voice was considered for one of her impersonations too.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

A good pace to this opener.
I felt very sorry for team 1. They looked like they could have done well. It reminded me of team 1 in the 1st series, getting 2/3 answers, but having to guess which object to take and choosing wrongly, with fatal consequences.... :(
Team 2 seem rather less organised. They answered 3/3 (albeit with easier questions) but still only took the correct items after Treguard all but instructed them to leave the cup!

The new series follows on nicely from the first, with a few changes, but mostly familiar ground.
The intro for each new team is still too long-winded tho, and not keen on the wheel-of-fortune opening. Why not just put the teams directly into their first room?
Igneous is a great addition as a rather bad-tempered wall monster, in a new room.
Gretel is a very charming addition to the dungeon and Mildread has quickly shown that she is a threat to teams in level 1. >:D
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D