Series 2 - Episode 1

Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Series 2 - Episode 1

Post by Crispin »

I dont think any of the series that had choice rooms would of made any difference, they would've still been given the same adventure no matter which path they chose.

Back to team 1, why the 3 dongs when they died?
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 2 - Episode 1

Post by Malefact »

A couple of teams in series 2 got three gongs. I guess it was just for added emphasis.
Subject to change.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 2 - Episode 1

Post by Canadanne »

I like how Claire's team choose the door with the chess piece symbol because it's a "knight mare", heh!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Search for 'An Orbital Grouse watches Knightmare' on YouTube for a North American commentary on this episode. The commentators don't enjoy it as much as we might wish them to. Strong language.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:Search for 'An Orbital Grouse watches Knightmare' on YouTube for a North American commentary on this episode. The commentators don't enjoy it as much as we might wish them to. Strong language.
Good job they weren't watching Series 4, if they thought this episode was too slow. :P
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

06:12 "Throw the muffin at him!"

The only memorable line of a commentary that I otherwise found to be completely insulting.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Series 2 is awesome and already their showing off what's in store.

But... the spinning wheel has to be the most pointless of rooms, the team clearly have no influence over it so why bother?

Mildred is brilliant, pity they didn't keep her for series 2.. did the team have to record her dialog before hand??? Maybe the dungenner was the only one not awear of the trick for filming?

Why does the team get a password after 2 questions, while the other team had to get all three? they were clearly set up to die in the bomb room so would they had need to de-fuse the bomb if they weren't in losing status?

Team 2 certainly have trouble navigating around.. strange opening room.. (id picked the door with the eye on it) and that Green frog thing.... whatever, ay least we saw a real threat with the zapping door frame room.. lol
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes series 2 is a big improvement on series 1. The spinning wheel was weird, maybe it was used so every team wouldn't start at the same room.

Mildred was a great character and deserved more than 1 series. It did make for good entertainment when Mildred impersonated the advisors and Treguard too!

Team 2 have got off lightly as well, after it was so obvious not to take the cup. Even Treguard told the team the cup had a bitter taste yet they still take the cup! The team got off lightly by the producers.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

pjmlfc05 wrote:Team 2 have got off lightly as well, after it was so obvious not to take the cup. Even Treguard told the team the cup had a bitter taste yet they still take the cup! The team got off lightly by the producers.
They took Treguard's hint and left the cup in the clue room.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:
pjmlfc05 wrote:Team 2 have got off lightly as well, after it was so obvious not to take the cup. Even Treguard told the team the cup had a bitter taste yet they still take the cup! The team got off lightly by the producers.
They took Treguard's hint and left the cup in the clue room.
Ahh my bad!! After watching it last night I did miss the bit after Treguard said it had a bitter taste. Fair play, I now stand corrected! I still think they got a lot of help though. If Treguard didn't say anything the team would have taken the cup.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Even o would have wanted to take the cup... it has a bitter taste, you know it got a use or purpose.. offer someone an enemy a drink.

Treguard giving them a little hint now and then in ok, but he pretty much told them over and over here. Oh well.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

very exciting season opener I like the fact they were shoved off by Mildred (who I never liked) and blown up the girls are doing well so far but their directions are just shocking if that level 1 block and tackle room had be later o n I think they would have died in L1
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Re:Series 2 - Episode 1

Post by knightmaredave »

[quote="Crispin"]I dont think any of the series that had choice rooms would of made any difference, they would've still been given the same adventure no matter which path they chose.

Back to team 1, why the 3 dongs when they died?[/qu

I thought it was quite exciting that they got 3 dongs on the first death a good season opener, wish the death gongs had continued with that!!!!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Beautiful lighting in this episode, bringing out the best in David Rowe's artwork. And what a pace: 13 rooms covered, with about half of those being new. The five stars in that first chamber are symbolic of the quality that Knightmare will attain. I also like the effect of the camera panning across from Treguard to show Martin's arrival.

Martin's quest, though, doesn't sit well with me. Two right answers yet no clue object hints, and they leave the room with effectively no useful items. Later this series we will see teams complete Level 1 using only one object, suggesting that Martin and co did not get a fair deal.

I too like the way that the next team links the knight in the doorway to Knightmare. I believe this is known as 'being a bit meta'.

Igneous' manifestation sound I also like. Yet the more I look at him, the greater my urge to feed a Softmint to a pillar box.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Late to the party this week!

Does anyone else think Teams 2's riddles were a lot easier than Team 1's? Perhaps this was intentional as an incorrect answer would have meant no password and presumably instant losing status? Or perhaps the producers were under instruction to increase the popularity of the show with girls and so wanted an all-female team to last a while longer (not sure how target driven TV was in the 80s but presumably such things had to be considered). Would also explain Treguard telling them not to take the cup!

I will be monitoring this inconsistent treatment of teams closely! ;D

Childhood memory of the episode for me was the laser room - the most exciting walk in a straight line ever!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!