Series 1 - Episode 7

Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 1 - Episode 7

Post by Tom41 »

Hmm, in the clue room the team seemed to know not to take the fish as food, nor did Treguard mention two food items on the table. Did they watch the previous team's game? Or did Treguard tell them not to take the fish but it got cut out? 3/3 on the riddles at least!

In the snake room, the snake seemed to move away from the dungeoneer as he ran for the door! Snakes usually don't make good actors, so I wonder if the moving away was intentional?

I liked in Lillith's chamber how the causeway was faulty! The causeway kept appearing, and the sound effect decreased in pitch at the end to indicate a failure ;). I also liked how Lillith thought "Richard-Dungeoneer" was a workman come to fix the causeway!
Still, they had to hurry up on the causeway before it disappeared again! Just managed to get through in time, then into the stomach again - interesting how they used the soap by rubbing it on the ground, rather than throwing it or putting the block down.

A strange shadow haunted the Corridor of Catacombs - couldn't see what the monster was, just a completely black shadow with eyes.

Nice effect when they spellcasted WELL! Took a while for him to actually go down the well (first looked inside it!) and the lifeforce drained!

I thought they were going to die in the room with the catacombite, the life force was down to the rolling eyeballs before they got the food! Then again, no team has ever died due to the life force simply 'running out'!
I think they definitely touched the Catacombite twice, but were let off. First when he sidestepped the wrong way into its foot, then when they didn't crouch down in time and touched its head! Looks to me like they left something shiny on the floor after getting the pie - perhaps the case the pie was in?

I really liked the Duel of Insults between Cedric and Folly in the next room! Makes a change from having to answer three riddles with the monk. The Duel of Insults took a VERY long time, in my opinion - long enough for the life force to drain again and for them to need food! Perhaps the Duel of Insults was just done to pad out the show?

After this, my cable digibox failed and Challenge just went to black from then on (and still is now!). :(:(:( It was just after the Cedric collapsed on the floor and Folly told him to give the dungeoneer whatever he wanted. Did I miss anything important?
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Luckily, no. They walked into the corridor of spears and temporal disruption occurred before anyone could say anything.

Granitas told them not to take the fish.

Treguard seems a bit more mellow than he did at the start of the season, particularly getting into the spirit of things during the insults. Suddenly I know where Monkey Island got its idea of insult combat from... ;D

Just one more episode left here. It certainly picked up, like some of the other weaker series (I'm looking at you here, series 5).

It did look like the team could have got away with carrying something other than the gold, as Lillith did say "I don't mind what you give me". How about a red fish? They're very rare...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Challenge, along with all the Flextech channels (Trouble, Livingtv and FTN) have been acting up all day for me, constantly flickering into darkness and back.

Today's episode was all about seconds- this was the SECOND time a snake was shown to roll out on the floor, the SECOND time the serpent's stomach appeared, the SECOND time Treguard said 'Ooh, nasty' and the episode ended in the SECOND level. And the correct break card's back, hooray! I was starting to get a little worried yesterday when the wrong one appeared again. Was that the most pointless 'I command you' hint ever, though? The first hint was basically 'Don't take the key or the fish', and the 'I command you' one was basically 'Take the gold and the soap'...

The insult contest was, and always has been, great. It would be great to see a list of all the insults given- the Round One ones are on Knightmare.com, HStorm transcribed all of Cedric's from memory a few months ago, and I provided an (almost) correct version of Folly's showstopper in the same thread. There's similar 'folly' (geddit?) in a Series 2 quest, although if I said anymore it would be a spoiler.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Well if you ask me, the team were let off slighty for some reason
watch the bit when Richard goes down the well, the life force energy clock is CLEARLY on the bit when the eyeballs come towards the screen, however in the catacombite room, the life force bit was turned back slighty and was on the last skull bit disapearing from the screen, he only just picks it up in time too.
I didnt think he actually touched the catacombite, seems like he takes the pie nicely without incident.

I loved the Insults Scene with Folly and Cedric, it was certaintly different, and it was great fun to watch, Loved the Commentrary from Treguard too.

Also for the ad break, it was finally returned to the correct setting with the old knightmare still logo screen, with no jingle too, glad they got something right there.

So Episode 8 tomorrow, and I'm guessing Series 2 will start Thursday????? You would think they may wait until Monday, but then Knightmare is still scheduled in the same time for the rest of this week so It must be????
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Treguard sure got into that insult contest,
it all amusing.

Overall it's an easy season, all the deaths have been from very stupid mistakes then anything else,
but to many team are getting let off due to that life force.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Couple of bloopers...

Frontal lumps in the shape of her blouse show clearly that Lillith wasn't wearing a bra in this episode, and the pie that Richard retrieves in the catacombite chamber clearly breaks as he picks it up, as a large chunk of it can be seen on the floor as he walks away.

Re: complaints about the life force clock being put back. Remember that the clock is only added in at the editing stage, which is weeks after the quest is filmed. Therefore even the production team don't know exactly what position the clock should be set at at any moment, only the condition colour. (This is why they invented the second, less linear, clock.) So the team didn't get away with it, the editors were just careless when they added the clock into the final recording.
Last edited by HStorm on 15 Jun 2004, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Another fine episode, imo. I remembered lots of it from original broadcast, as with yesterday's one.

I notice that the pace of the series has shifted up a notch. It almost seems to be playing out like a kind of laconic series 2 now.

The insults contest was excellent, I think - it was great to see some interaction between characters. I don't think enough of that was done throughout Km. Granted, it threatens to distract from the game but as a bit of comic relief I don't think it could go wrong. I was always curious about how different characters would get on, which was why it was such a hoot taking part in the first Interactive Story just over a year ago.

I do get the vague impression that this team is being helped along a bit, though. There isn't as much ruthlessness as there was earlier on. I guess the people in charge wanted to try to give the audience a chance to see Level Three. :)
Subject to change.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

A fairly historic episode im my opinion, the Folly V Cedric battle is one of the most well remmebered, and loved scenes from the series.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

So now I know what Treguard did when Knightmare finished. He does the horse-racing commentary on Channel 4. ::)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

HUH? ??? ??? ???
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
DragonRider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DragonRider »

Although the insult match was amusing, I think I prefer Motley over Folly for the dungeon jester. Folly is just......weird. :-\
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

The Brollachan wrote: So now I know what Treguard did when Knightmare finished. He does the horse-racing commentary on Channel 4. ::)
Or maybe a ringmaster at a circus, or equally a commentator on the wrestling. A new-previously-unknown talent for Treguard unearthed. He seemed to be really enjoying himself.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Oh, now I get it. Duh. It's because I was too busy thinking about todays ep.
P*ssCloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hold Your Breath!

Post by P*ssCloud »

Did I actually see this?

Series 1 and someone's going to the next level down the well. He lifts one leg over the side, holds his nose and goes down! Barmy ;D
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Hold Your Breath!

Post by MoanaLiza »

I just remembered it was written in the Series 1 guide http://knightmare.com/series/1/p10.htm scroll down to near the bottom where it says "the dungeoneer mysteriously holds his nose when climbing in to the wellway." The start of the paragraph saying "They used the WELL spell". The dungeoneer in question was Richard.