Series 1 Episode 4

Post by ChrisKmfan »

Discuss.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Series 1 Episode 4

Post by HStorm »

Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Hmm, interesting today. The first team to tackle the Corridor of Spears in this series. Like in the 2nd series, the first set of spears disappear after the dungeoneer passes them. But did anyone notice how each set of spears disappeared as soon as the dungeoneer started to run forward? Probably let off

Next room was completely dark so they spellcast LANTERN. Small piece of stock footage of a firework going off, then the room lit up. Guard attacked them, but appeared to give them a chance to attack or defend. I distinctly heard one adviser say "Spellcast ANVIL", and the spellcaster said "Spellcasting, A," before stopping and dispelling "ANLTERN" But that was obviously the wrong thing to do, they died straight afterwards!
Next team was the first to encounter Folly - who seems rather annoying, in my opinion Folly's riddle was a bit hard to understand, but I think they took the correct door
3rd from left, certain death
4th from right, out of sight
The foolish folk that I can diddle, take 2nd right from middle (i.e. extreme right)

And groundbreaking, the dungeoneer took two sidesteps in the first room! First dungeoneer to actually be asked to 'sidestep'!

After the snake room, the clue room with Granitas. Did you notice the noise signifying the wall monster appearing playing twice! And Granitas belched a few times ;D Treguard said not to laugh at wall monsters, even if they're flatulent... Granitas said "Truth Accepted" on the final riddle before the dungeoneer said the answer! 2/3 riddles correct.

Granitas said something about locks not needing keys, so they left the key. The dungeoneer attempted to put the salt into his knapsack and then the advisers stopped him. I dread to think what raw salt woud do to his life force ;)

Bomb room next, followed by Lillith's chamber. I liked Treguard's picture being swept away through the serpent's mouth again ;) Gave Lillith the Buddha statue and gained a spell, ITCH - and a warning not to use it when alone. Then, Treguard was allowed by Lillith to explain the spellcasting ritual - just this once!

Next, into the stomach! What do you expect when you walk into a monster's mouth? I know what effect a bag of raw salt would have on me, it had the same effect on this monster! Quite good animation of the stomach!

In the Corridor of Catacombs, one of the doors had a chalice symbol near it. The chalice disappeared before the dungeoneer was even near it! Then, used the ITCH spell on the wellway guard and went down to level 2. Met Cedric the mad monk, but temporal disruption occurred just after Cedric had delivered some initial insults.
Last edited by Tom41 on 10 Jun 2004, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

A flatulent wall monster? Dearie me...

Still, the rest of the episode was better than that. Plus, the key was useless, so no Casper this time.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

A Good Episode. comments

Corridor of Spears - Got through it safely, and the team were not let off, I know that was the norm for the corridor of spears in that when a team passed them or got near to them, they disapeared automaticlly, you will see in later episodes to confirm this.

The Death - The team only have themselves to blame, one can quite clearly be heard saying "Spellcast Anvil" and he starts to do it, until one of the advisors quickly changes their mind to say Disspell the Lantern. Also I thought it was quite obvious to take offensive or defensive action as it was clear he was unhappy, and wanted to get rid of the dungeoneer. The Anvil Spell was obviously a huge anvil that would knock out the guard for long enough for the team to get down to Level 3. Personally its a shame this team died, I felt this team were excellent, and were doing great and it only lead to a small confusion over the team members which killed them off.

So Team 4, They are doing well at the moment, Got confused by the riddle too, but obviously they must have got it right, this is how I understood it.

3rd from left, certain death - So that Back Door, Right hand Side

4th from right, out of sight - This Door is obviously The Far Left Door

The foolish folk that I can diddle, take 2nd right from middle (i.e. extreme right) - I think this meant by standing in the middle of the room, you should take the second right from the far right hand door So Back Right Hand Door was First Right, and the Back Left Hand Door was Second Right so they were right IMO

Clue Room - Noticed again that lifeforce was restored before the team picked up the food, but this time it was resetted BEFORE he even touched the food which was odd.

Lillith's Room - Thought it was funny how they almost missed out on the Spell, they gave her the budda, and tryed to rush out quickly, and very almost did. even when Lillith tryed to tell them to wait, they still try to tell him to rush out of the room, so was this almost a very costly mistake??Does anyone think this was a very small letoff in that the producers told them to wait before continueing on to get their reward???

good Episode though, roll on tomorrow for more :)
Last edited by Porsmond on 10 Jun 2004, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Having the Wall Monster bothered by wind was certainly very very bizarre, the first attempt for all-out comedy on KM?

I have always wondered what Treguard has done to make Lilith so cross....Some sort of a background story would be interesting between these two.

First time we heard a 'gong' of sorts for a death, I think, although it wasn't the usual sound...
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

I'm starting to enjoy this series a lot more, but as soon as that happens, we're half-way through already.

Just one thing though. I'm sure that 2nd team went through the wrong door at the beginning! Maybe I mis-heared the riddle, but I'm positive they should've gone through the far-right one?
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Kieran wrote:I have always wondered what Treguard has done to make Lilith so cross....Some sort of a background story would be interesting between these two.
I think they're feuding brothers and sisters.

Yes, I thought it would be obvious to simply spellcast ANVIL when Gibbet (in his first appearance) lunged at them with a hammer. Dispelling LANTERN simply means Gibbet did it in the dark. Why was smoke coming out the wellway to level 3, though?
Another first apperance in this episode is the one of Folly, played by the same actor as Gibbet, so I imagine Alec Westwood had to be quick changing costume. And this quest saw the first ever time a snake was seen to roll out on the floor, so, at the risk of sounding like a bossy so and so, I guess I'll inform Illusion about that. There was indeed some very knice animation in the serpent's stomach, it got even better in Series 3 when they introduced the serpent tunnel. First appearance of Gumboil near the end, too. Oh, and finally, when watching the end credits I noticed Cedric wasn't named in this series, he was simply called 'Monk'!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

BillyH wrote:
Kieran wrote:I have always wondered what Treguard has done to make Lilith so cross....Some sort of a background story would be interesting between these two.
I think they're feuding brothers and sisters.
Either that or Treguard once had a relationship with Lilith, but Lilith ended the relationship. That could expain why "she rejects me".

I think the only character we haven't seen this series so far is Merlin's alto-ego Mogdred, will we ever see him? I suspect as he is only in level 3 it explains his lack of appearances. Which is probably why next season he also appears in level 2 in order to be used more.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Kieran wrote: First time we heard a 'gong' of sorts for a death, I think, although it wasn't the usual sound...
Actually, the gong made its debut in the second episode when team two lost. It was also in the familiar pitch. The pitch of the team three gong was lower. (Hmm, highly significant, eh? :D)

I think the characters are being especially nice to the current Dungeoneer because he looked rather nervous. The series has most definitely now found its feet and settled into a groove, imo.
Subject to change.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I didn't see it, damn! :(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Ben5067
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Ben5067 »

one thing i dont like about the 1st serise is that treyguard talks to much, theirs not much venturing but more talking, i suppose thats coz the dungon is small so they have to fill the time some how hmmmmooooo the mystories
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Also because viewers & teams haven't seen it before it is necessary to explain some of the basic things such as spell-casting etc.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Ben5067 wrote: i suppose thats coz the dungon is small so they have to fill the time some how hmmmmooooo the mystories
If they needed to fill the time up they'd just have brought in another team at the end of the season. They weren't filling the time up, they just needed to let the audience (and the teams for that matter) know what was going on because back in '87 nobody had ever seen it before.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Series 1 Team 3 Death

Post by Wolfshead »

What was it exactly that killed Simon; the Darkness or Gibbet?