"Oooooo nasty" Does That Phrase Make You

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: "Oooooo nasty" Does That Phrase Make

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Personally, I always loved that line.  True, it did get a bit stale towards the end, but to be honest, it was part of the character, and made it quite fun!  I remeber my friends and I used to bet on when he'd say it! ;D ;)
Rising from the ashes once again....
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Now that you mention it, I do miss the "Oh dear, what a pity..." line he used in the earlier series. There are times when you could swear there's a sadistic chuckle in there...
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Hee hee, exactly!  That what was made it more fun, because you always got the impression that Treguard had a slightly sadistic streak, and enjoyed seeing the dungeoneers failing.  Or is that just me?
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

It's not just you, I think he found it amusing too. You can hear him chuckling to himself when teams are panicking in Series 2 and (I think) 3. I don't blame him, I know I find most team deaths hilarious.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Yeah, especially when they do something really dumb! ;D  Heh, I was always yelling at the screen, "No, you want to go the other way!"  Heh, they could be silly at times! ;D
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The absolute best delivery of the "Oh dear, what a pity..." line (which is my preference) was Richard's team in season one. He said it with such a beautiful mix of primary indifference and secondary amusement.

Treguard was so much more fun back then, when he was a sadist. There were times (remember when Stuart was in the pendulum corridor?) when Treguard almost seemed to be getting a sexual thrill out of seeing the dungeoneers in danger. And yes, he also enjoyed seeing the inhabitants of the dungeon getting smashed around too. He was a real voyeur of sadism.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

*opens her mouth to say something about Treguard, Pickle and sadomasochism, then realises it will probably result in her getting banned and shuts up*
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh, I don't think Pickle was invited into the Castle purely to help with Quests. There must have been more to their arrangement than that, methinks.

Yes, "evil" Treguard was fun. My favourite evil Treguard moment is still the team who fail to take the diniving rod. He really seems to be enoying their pain.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Well I suppose it's hard not to laugh when they mess up so hidieously.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Oh, so firstly Lord Fear's a dirty old man, now Treguard and Pickle are secret gay lovers? Dear oh dear, are our own love-lives so empty that we have to start speculating like this? Don't answer that!

Can I just say, I wasn't actually knocking the old "oooh nasty" line when I started this thread. I do like it very much, and it became an integral part of the show's character. (I'm sure I'm not the only one here who catches himself muttering "oooo nasty!" whenever they see someone bleeding, and we all know where I picked it up from!)

I'm just complaining that Hugo Myatt got a bit carried away with it in the long run. I think it's because by around 92 he was getting so much fanmail because of it he almost felt like he had a duty to throw it in at any and every opportunity. Which is a shame 'cos he wore out the understated magic of it i.e. its throwaway simplicity.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I can see where you're coming from on that one. Yes perhaps he did throw it in on every one because fans loved the line but at least he took notice of the fans.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

This is true. No prima donnas in KM.

Apart from John Woodnutt, maybe.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

This is true. No prima donnas in KM.

Apart from John Woodnutt, maybe.
Muahahaha. Evil, but so true, methinks.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Huzzah another has turned to the darkside of disliking John Woodnutts desperacy for screen time
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I'm starting to feel just a little guilty for making that one of my little pet topics, now everyone's at it. And it takes quite a bit to make me feel guilty. I should point out that I don't feel guilty enough to stop mentioning it and making cheap jokes out of it, however. ;)

Did I mention I don't like Edward Tudor Pole much?