Battle of the rudest?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Battle of the rudest?

Post by MoanaLiza »

Who in your opinion was the rudest?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Battle of the rudest?

Post by Elita »

Well, I'd say this would boil down to Cedric the Mad Monk vs Elita. Unsurprisingly, Cedric's one of my favourite characters as well. Sooooooooo... difficult choice. Both were in the show for 2 series each, so there isn't one who was there longer.

Cedric's definetly the more abusive of the two, given his constant threats to batter Dungeoneers with his staff. (and did kill one) However, his insults are quite samey, while Elita is more creative. Plus she does more than hang around with a staff threatening to beat Dungeoneers.

Plus Elita had Smirkenorff. Okay, my vote goes for Elita on account of dragon. (and I bet you saw that one coming a mile away)
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Gotta say Cedric (of course! :D )... he had some very etertaining moments, and was far less "groan-enducing" than Elita (at least to me). True, some of his jokes were on the samey side, but then, some of Elita's felt samey...
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'm going to say Cedric since he didn't have have much of a mouth on him plus he was very entertaining at times (that insults contest with Folly in Series 1 was a classic)  ;D whereas Elita was more all talk no action most of the time
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Cedric was louder, more persistent and more foul-mouthed than Elita. Mind you, we shouldn't forget that characters like Lord Fear, Mogdred and Malice were rude in other, more pompous, ways. In a strange way that made them even ruder. I find superiority more insulting than bad language.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I am going to vote for Mogdred, his constant insulting of dungeoneers was always funny and as Hstorm said superiority can be very insulting.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm going to vote for Fidjit, who was an insult to the viewer who had to watch him.

Um, I think the rudest was pretty much Cedric, but of those types of characters I much preferred Elita, whose insults were just so silly, really. SH really plays it well sometimes- I do love the scene when she gets her voice back and she's trying out her insults. You really do get the impression she relishes using them. I'd hope she saved the actually insulting insults for the production team who for whatever strange reason said her "real" insults were unsuitable for a children's programme.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Good point about insulting the viewer, but on those grounds, surely Caspar the key was the most unmentionably foul of them all!!!  >:(
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Good point about insulting the viewer, but on those grounds, surely Caspar the key was the most unmentionably foul of them all!!!  >:(
True enough. He has the specific added facet of insulting the watching kids' intelligence. Pity he didn't get thrown off a Causeway regularly like Pixel. But he'd have only come back. *sigh*
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

Elita was a brat so iwould say her cedric was funny!!!!!
i liked cedric and he could be very useful!!!
knightmaredave
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Folly could be rude if he wanted to. He did win the insult battle against Cedris  ;)
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 27 Dec 2003, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!