Characters that sucked in knightmare

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Characters that sucked in knightmare

Post by King_Gazz »

My top 3 of the most characters i thought sucked.

3. Fidjit (series 7)
2. McGrew (series 3)
1. Misstress Goody (Series 4)

:'(
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Characters that sucked in knightmare

Post by JamesA »

3. The Weeping Doors (Series 4) *someone shut them up!*
2. Honesty Bartram (Series 8 ) *report him to Watchdog!*
1. Heggaty (Series 6) *stick to Elita Ms Hesp!*
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Nov 2003, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

i agree with those characters u picked
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Here are the worst in my oppinion.

The Powers That Be

3. Okley (S5 only I mean WHY?)

2. Pixle (How could such a good charater go down hill so soon after her introduction to the show?)

1. Fidijet (Who Ever Came Up With This Character Wants To Be Stood Up Against A Wall, Given A Cigeret & A Last Request)

THE OPPOSITION

3. Raptor (A Poor Excuse for a Goblain Master)

2. Red Death "The Red Dragon" (For Breacking MY RUDY LEGS) & Captain Nemanor ( A total pointless charater)

1. Aesandre (To corny for words & for Knightmare)

No Aliances

3. McGrew (To few apperences)

2. The Gatekeeper (Pointless)

1. Mistress Goody (A poor excuse for a Hag, Espeicaly when you consider she replaced Mrs. Grimwold)
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

I agree with a few of those.

-  Skarkill owns Raptor about 20,000 times over. Plus he got himself a kill... lovely. ;D

- McGrew was alright to me, but as Skarkill said he didn't get enough appearances to do much except be the cause of a lousy unfair death, and get turned into a Toad and chase away Magic Claymores. :)

- From what I recall of Fidjit, he wasn't that great. One of those "essential plots to each quest" that they threw in on the later seasons... whatever happened to "knowledge of previous quests being of little use" when each quest's the bloody same? :P

- The Gatekeeper wasn't bad... but like McGrew, he just needed to do more.

Oh yes... although a few people may not like him much, I liked Ah Wok! :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh dear, there are so many. Just on my current whims though, and to give Velda a break, my worst three are:

1. Mistress Goody - She's so pointless. Mrs. G. had comedy value, was amusingly acted, had great lines, a maniacal husband and a mad two-headed five-tailed quasi-canine that only she could see. Goody had a magic broom. Case closed.
2. Aesandre. Her name is cliched. She has a great costume, but she's acted frighteningly badly at times. Plus she doesn't really do enough, wasn't half as threatening or as successful as Morghanna, and she lets a team win really easily.
3. Fidjit. I don't even need to explain how pointless he is, do I? He's a Lockmaster. Gosh, lots of exciting story possibilities there!
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 27 Nov 2003, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Fidjit. Im sorry, but the name makes me think of the one legged bat in Basil, the great mouse detective!! Paul Valentine must have wondered why!! Hmmm Sly Hands - awesome lines, get to dress up in funky clothes (use of funky meaning eww...) and eat carrots. Motley, a womaniser, funny in non jestery way - tho bad outfit and stocks a lot... Fidgit. Tatty "clothes", dodgy accent,ability to open doors - and a dungeoneer couldnt open a locked door with the key??

Others include Stiletta - be honest, why would she team with motley to steal from lord f?? Implausible!!!! On a scandalous note i hated the wall monsters aside from brollachan! Gwendoline was also annoying!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I forgot to add Casper the Key!

Um, and I'll add the Weeping Doors- which I think were a rather awful creation- with the exception of Doorkis, who was both voiced better and had nicer lines than Dooris or Dooreen- "Ah, weariness. Ah, despair. Oh the bitter pill of self-delusion".
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 27 Nov 2003, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Mcgrew did annoy me slightly in S3 due to the ending of Cliffe's quest. Also the gatekeeper doesnt do very much. Weeping doors are awful. I will think of some more later
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

I forgot to add Casper the Key!
Oh, of course - how could I forget Casper the bloomin' key! I wonder how many teams wished they could leave him behind and take the other items rather than take him (even if it did mean certain death)? ;D
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

I know everyone else will disagree with me on this, but I never liked Gundrada - she annoyed me, and I think I'm probably a bit bitter that she replaced Melisandre, who I liked.  I agree Aesandre was a bit rubbish, plus she looked too like Gwendoline to make it believable.  The Gatekeeper - what exactly was the point of him??! ;) I'm only talking from a 3-5 perspective, since I can't remember much about the other seasons from seeing them years ago.  Oh, and an isolated point, I love Pickle, but it started to get ridicuous when episode after episode he would say with apparent astonishment, "Isn't that the eyeshield, master??!" Yes, just like last time, and the time before that, and the time before that...maybe elves have a really bad short term memory ;)
"You're in a room..." ;)
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Hordriss...

No, only joking. ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Mistress Goody would've been good if she was actually GIVEN ANYTHING TO DO, which she wasn't. In fact, I think the underused characters are probably the worst - Goody, Gibbet, Nemanor, McGrew... anyone who only had a few appearances. KM's worst crime was just leaving some characters behind. They could've been developed further and made better.

I liked Casper and Aesandre.

And yes, Doorkis was the best door monster, although I wished Dooris would just naff off and die, why did she have to start off every quest?

Bhal-Shebah was a bit pants, too.
Last edited by Pooka on 27 Nov 2003, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I liked Gibbet - even though he only appeared in Series 1 he did at least manage to get a kill to his name!  :-X
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

not all of the underused characters were rubbish i mean take sir hugh de witless he only appeared in seris 5 but he was a great larf. hmm worst character for me would be nemanor
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon