The Goblins

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Re: The Goblins

Post by HobGoblin »

As far as I’m concerned, the goblins will always remain one of the most iconic aspects of Knightmare. I know in practice they were largely a hurry-up mechanism but their scuttling little runs implied a real threat back when I was a child (and I think speak to our deep animalistic fears about being hunted; ever had a dream in which you’re being chased? That was the goblins a nutshell).

However, it’s the chilling blast of the goblin horn that’s the masterstroke. Sound design is so important and the producers just got this one spot on. It just says ‘Knightmare’ to me in the same way as the electronic pulse of the TARDIS says ‘Dr Who’ or the thrum of a lightsaber says ‘Star Wars’. I suppose this is the reason why people complained about the new horn sound in KMGW.

So many heart-stopping moments associated with something that at first appears to be only a minor detail…
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

I agree. They should bring Knightmare back and put it back on tv right now. I get chills of joy when i hear the original horn. I never saw it first time round but i know that horn means goblins.

Itv have almost more repeats then the bbc at the moment, they might as well put old episodes of Knightmare on at the moment or a new series with adults, everything else is being repeated on itv. i have counted at least 18 repeats this week not counting plus an hour. Some of them are on at nine and are on again at eleven. Same channel as well.

Put something on worthwhile watching that isn't a repeat.

Knightmare has not been on itv for over twenty years. Its about time we bring it back. All we need is a tv studio, some cast, some advisers, some dungeoneers, some canvas, some paint, Treguard and Lord Fear.
Oh no wait i forget. Treguard needs a helper.
[Shouts to Pickle who is eating some tasty looking flowers.] HEY PICKLE COME OVER HERE A MINUTE TREGUARD NEEDS A FAVOUR FROM YOU.
As Pickle comes over to me wondering why a red haired dungeoneer with no helmet and no napsack is calling out for him in Treguard's name. I unlease my battle cry.

WHO'S WITH ME? LET'S DO THIS NOW!
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

I have good news and great news for you.

Good news.... My uncle is getting there and he has one of his dogs back for the moment as he can cope with one of the dogs but not quite both of them yet.

Great news..... My Goblin costume is now done. I was thinking of trying it all on today but poor Missy the gentle one doesn't like the Goblin mask. She runs off when you put it on. I think its because its greenish. Dogs don't like high contrast and they see the colour yellow very well. This could be a problem if she's still here at Halloween. We'll have to keep her in the living room in case people come to the door.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hey Pickles that's awesome on the costume front :) but dogs are colourblind. They don't register colours at all.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

This topic has gotten quite seriously off-topic and so posts were split out to a new thread. Please keep threads on-topic and start a new thread wherever possible.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Looking forward to Halloween...... I am going to be so busy that week scaring the neighbours.... on the Thursday before I will be showing the local pub my Halloween goblin costume.... on the Saturday before I will be at a Halloween party..... on the Monday it will be Halloween.

Will need to get lots of photos to show you lot........ Or maybe put it on the knightmare facebook wall.. If I can't get a photo of my costume on the website.

I made a wee happy Halloween picture which I put on the facebook wall. Wonder if any of you have seen it yet?
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

There's pictures of me dressed up as a goblin on facebook. I have shared one or two onto the Knightmare facebook page. We had seven very brave children come to our door...... not everyone would open the door to a goblin.
Still have bags of sweets left but I don't think they will last to the next convention somehow.... LOL. Talking of which.... anyone know when it is yet? Just asking.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

here is a picture of me at my Halloween party....looks like a knightmare wrap up party.... lol.

[img https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid= ... =3&theater [/img]
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Here is another picture of me dressed up as a goblin......and this time its just of me..........

https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid= ... =3&theater

Hope you enjoy the costume as much as i enjoy making them......
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

the other links didn't work for robin....... i'll try this again....

Here are some photos of me dressed up as a goblin from knightmare.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theatre

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

that's the links sorted out now.... enjoy......
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

Very impressive great work indeed!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Picklemyfav wrote:that's the links sorted out now.... enjoy......
Nice! Did a great job for the costume!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

had to do a bit of research to help me get the right colours......... watched clips and episodes of knightmare on youtube while I was doing it...... also looked at a few photos I found as well..... of course I was watching for pleasure as well....... luckily i'm very quick at picking up info..... and was able to get the stuff I needed quite quickly...... then I just focused on getting it ready in time.....

could any of you imagine my goblin costume on a episode of knightmare? only wondering as I was joking with the folk in the pub that I was going to end up with a job if a new series happened for real....... having said that i'm very happy to make more goblin costumes for the new series if one happens! YEAH!