Corrdior of Blades

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Dublex
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Corrdior of Blades

Post by Dublex »

I have to say, whoever came up with the idea of that must have been a genius of sadism or just a genius, as it needed both dungeoneers wits and skill and of their team members to dodge the baldes on either side - although why didn't they just lie flat during most of the encounters? the blades would have just gone over their heads.

Do you think it was just a natural development from the room of blades from the earier seires or it just jumped into someones head? The technology looks pretty advanced there anyway, with the moving corrdior, timed blade events i.e. when they came down etc.

Would be interesting to see the behind the scenes mechanics for that
Last edited by Dublex on 02 Oct 2003, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
===

Justice - keeping Chaos at bay with a double-edged pointy thing
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Corrdior of Blades

Post by MoanaLiza »

Mind you Giles would have most probably been lying on the floor had his team told him to get down any lower :D
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I like this one. It's the longest-running device ever used in Km from series 4-8. Probably coz it's so good. :)
Subject to change.
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Perhaps s few teams were worried that if they made their teams lie on the floor, a blade might have appeared vertically from the bottom and they wouldn't of had the reaction time to escape it?

Ahh, I loved the Corridor of Blades.
K.o.R
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by K.o.R »

Definitely one of the better Knightmare traps.

I reckon it should've been slightly more graphic when they got hit (like the victims in series 8). Spilt the red paint again... ::)
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I kinda like the Block and Tackle, many tended to fall down the pit or get mowed down by a low flying block!

But the Corridor of Blades is a seasons best for sure!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Miina
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Miina »

Oo, Corridor of Blades. Always was the best trap in my opinion, that and the Play your Cards Right game. Used to scare me like crazy when I was younger.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Corridor of blades was the most successful trap in KM's history, mainly due to the fact people simply panicked so much....Take Alistairs team from season4....They just SHOUTED at hime constantly, he therefore had no chance but to get out of the way of the oncoming blades.

Best tactic was wall to wall, and that wasn't seen that often, usually by later teams (am thinking Dunstan and co.)

Play Your Cards Right was pretty good, especially when we saw the goblins fall to their doom.  It was a fiarly simple game if you know what following suit means....If not then I guess erm, you will probably die!

The Fire Bomb rooms were interesting as people always panicked in those...Fire Ball Room from season 8 was also pretty good, again due to panic or simple misguidence.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The Fire Ball rooms were sort of compromised a bit in series 7 because of the emphasis on sight potions and the like. The teams should have been made to fend for themselves.
Subject to change.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Oo, Corridor of Blades. Always was the best trap in my opinion, that and the Play your Cards Right game. Used to scare me like crazy when I was younger.
Well, I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on...

I didn't get the principle of the Play your Cards Right... But you are right Miina the Corridor of Blades was indeed a hit. Unsuprisingly it made it to the end of Knightmare...

By the way did you know Leo Smith (Series 3, Team 4)
Last edited by Fidjit on 10 Oct 2003, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

My firnds always used to laugh when they got killed in the c of blades as they used to pannck even though teams knew what the corridor of blades was it stil kiiled them off (or nearly)
Thats why i like it so much! my favourite has to be team 3 from series 5(ooh you'll get to see that next week thosre of you with challenge tv) The reason i like it so much is that this team were such a bore and took far too long soa good slice of the action provided a much needed remedy and a very quick death too!!!
knightmaredave
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Indeed! I remember that one - a rare Life Force death for series 5 (come to think of it, the only one).
Subject to change.
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Yep that team got what they deserved they bored us for a hour making up their minds and they paid for it... LOVELY  ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

I always thought if i was in the CoB then id lie down - surely it couldnt be classed as cheating and you could always roll out of the way??
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

Surely a bit difficult whilst wearing an eye shield and helmet, and quite painful if you happen to roll over the pineapple you just picked up in the previous room. ;D
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.