Am I too old to like Knighmare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Lordnikon99
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Am I too old to like Knighmare?

Post by Lordnikon99 »

When I was a kid I absolutely loved Knightmare. Since it has recently been shown on Challenge its re-kindled my 'passion' for it and I watched every episode (can't wait for series 5). Problem is i'm 22 years old!!!!  Am I too old for this???? Because, I mean, as excellent as it is Knightmare is still a kids show...   Is there something wrong with me? Does anyone else my age share my problem???     Cheers.

**Bring Out A DVD******
Just how deep does this rabbit hole go?
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Am I too old to like Knighmare?

Post by pickle »

:)do not fret my learned one, i am 20 going on 25! this lot in here are about 18-24! you are very much not alone

c u
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I think it an individual chioce mate.  Im 28 and was watching Km on challenge at the 11.30pm slot b4 it was cut.  I'll also be watching KM5 on Challenge at the 12am slot.  Why? cus Im 28 and now Im alowed up that late LOL.

There are series I watched when I was a kid that I can still watch and others that I just cant, its a bit odd.  In a good mood I can still watch the-A-team and Knightrider.  I can still watch Streethawk too but cant bear Airwolf which I loved as a kid.  One of the first programs I liked was the Dukes of Hazard and The incredible hulk.  Now I can watch the Hulk happily but cant stand to watch the Dukes of hazard.  Moonlighting was a show I was hooked on as an early teenager and its another one I cant realy get into now although it was great first time round.

All the shows Ive mentioned above I liked when I was young.  The fact that I cant watch some of them now doesnt mean I like them any less Ive just gone past them.  Its stl possible though that in the future I'll watch them again.  

Hmm Im bablling now so I suppose the moral is ........... watch what you like :)

Funny though some of the shows I cant watch now have the better theme tunes, like th Dukes of hazard

JUST THEM GOOD OLD BOYS
NEVER MEANING NO HARM

ohh yeh memories, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Yeah - you're never too old for childhood memories!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Like me for example who sometimes finds myself watching kiddies programmes, like cartoons. Some of my favourite programmes sometimes depending on the mood I'm in are kiddies programmes. I also like a good old Disney type animated film sometimes and sometimes other good old animated films.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 06 Sep 2003, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I agree u cant beat watching cartoons, or programmes u used to watch as a kid!

I love to watch Thundercats, He Man, Dangermouse, and many more now!Theres a Defenders of the Earth DVD which I am itching to get my mits on! I think that these are too good to be kids shows! I am even getting into newer cartoons like Dragonball Z!

I dont think age matters what u watch, I know tons of people who say that they watch Tweenies "cause of their kids", and yet they seem to know all the characters names!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pickle »

after all it is true what they say...within every adult is a child screaming to get out.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

You are your own person. no one can tell u what to like. no one can tell say, u must be this age to watch that or like that (u know what i mean.. not talking about a 10 year old wacthing an 18 movie, or smoking)

Know one can say to Because u like that.. u are this.
i was told i was or should be gay because i enjoy art and i paint... goes to show that we are all are own person doing what we like.   heres one my college teacher thought was odd. i like Cricket and listen to rock music.. so it goes to show that u should be what u want. (your self)  I'm 20 love knightmare... being a memory helps to it but its also a very good show.  
I still like the catoons Two stupid dogs and Beetlejuice.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I'm hurtling towards 21 and Km is still my favourite programme. Granted, most of us if not all watched the show when we were children which, naturally, means that it always has a special place. The acid test would be if an adult (who had never seen Km before) started to like it.
Subject to change.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

You can never be too old for Knightmare :) I'm only 15, but I know what I'm talking about.... no wait I dont know what I'm talking about! I dont even know where I'am....no wait I'm at home, but I think my mind isint home...
My mom whos 45 by the way still watches shows like Bambi, Moomi and Two stupid dogs is her fawouwrite TV show....So compared to that your love for Knightmare is completely understandble :)'
Now where did my mind get to.....  
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

im 15 too, KM is an original cult show. IMO it doesnt matter what age you are, as long as you enjoy the program it doesnt matter much what others think...

;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

ummm has anyone seen my mind?
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

oh sorry, was that the squidy sound, i think i just stepped in it  ;D
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I knew something bad was going to happen.... :-/
Now I'll have to *borrow* your mind...
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 07 Sep 2003, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Well, I'm 20, and I still love Knightmare!  I don't think age has anything to do with liking an excellent program.  You're among friends here.  I think we're all roughly the same age here, give or take a few years.

*hands snowwie a new mind* ;)
Last edited by PhoenixFlame on 09 Sep 2003, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Rising from the ashes once again....