Create-a-danger!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Zeeky
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Create-a-danger!

Post by Zeeky »

:o That's right! You can make your own danger that you think should have been used in Knightmare, and if I get enough, I might send it to Televirtual to see if they can get into Knightmare VR! Ok:

My hazard is a re-vamped Corridor-of-Blades, except with invisible blades, and small ones you have to jump over. The invisible ones have to be revealed using a spell, and some blades can go from top to bottom, and bottom to top. And also, if you get touched by the edge of a blade, instead of instantly dying, you lose some lifeforce instead, that if you only skim the blade. If you get caught fully by it, well, you die of course! :'(

Howzat for a danger?
The only person you can trust when gaming by yourself is you. When playing in a team, only trust in your team.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Create-a-danger!

Post by Emii »

Lol! You cruel thing!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Right! This is where Mally's imagination goes into hyperdrive! :)

I've got a few ideas:

(1) Ariadne's New Lair : a spooky, dark series of connecting tunnels. There is a correct sequence of turns that has to be made to escape safely. This sequence is collected beforehand via several different possible ways (via Spyglass, scroll, written on the walls of the rooms preceding). If they don't have the sequence, or a bit is missing they have to guess. Loads of tension and suspense! And when they make a wrong turn, there is Ariadne - huge and hairy, with her numerous eyes glinting and her fangs extended. Nasty! :)

(2) Tower Of Hanoi Locks : OK, not quite as nasty on its own, but still potent! The Dungeoneer has to solve this puzzle to raise a portcullis blocking a door. As they struggle to do this, a large Catacombite can be slowly clunking towards them. If they don't do it in time, well, they're not in for a very knice time. :)
Subject to change.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Are you two Lord Fear top henchmen? Bicause your ideas give the idea that you are ;D
I should come up with something soon.... I have french tomorrow and I suspect that the teacher invented the guillotine....
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hehe! I'm just naturally psychotic and unhinged. ;D

You could always ask your French teacher for ideas, then! :)
Subject to change.
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

She's propably say: "Get back to work before I give you double home work!!!" Now that would be a horrbile thing, but I dont think its a dungeon style danger
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I considered one in which the dungeoneer has to cross a chasm via various levitating platforms all on the same flat plane, some moving, some stationary. Furthermore, the immobile ones periodically flip upside-down, tipping any occupants to their doom. The advisors would have a limited time to study the patterns of movement and flipping before the grounds starts to crumble or some threat (e.g. goblins) came from behind, after which the dungeoneer would have to step onto one of the moving platforms as soon as it came to the edge of the chasm and then be guided (hopefully) onto the appropriate stationary ones and then onto the next moving one before being tipped into the pit. If it were in level 3, a particularly nasty villain or monster (e.g. Sylvester Hands with catapault or Kalarae (who will be known to those of you who've read my story The Path Opens, to be found in the Knightmare section of fanfiction.net or serialised in issues 13-15 of The Eye Shield) could make it harder (and more exciting) by pursuing the dungeoneer over the puzzle.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I like Mal's Labrinthine idea - very very cool ^.^
Also Thanatos - very imaginative - could work well under pressure!

I need to think up better puzzles in my fanfiction.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Ok so there's a room looking like a chess board where the black squares are holes and the white squares are solid ground.  There are 3 exits but in this room the right path is not always the correct path. Teams must of course try to make it safely to the other side but its not so simple :) .  4 Squares in the room have a hidden danger that is trigerd when the dungeoneer steps on the square that contains one of them.

Square 1: Opposition.  Advisors are muted and one of the opposition does an impression of one of the advisors ( possibly bad for comedy value ) and trys to guide the dungeoneer into one of the holes.  Perhaps a cut off warning message from Treguard may be good too.  Obviously this only works for one series.

Square 2: Helium.  Comunication is hamperd by high pitch voices.

Square 3: Darkness.  The white squares turn black :( .

Square 4: Sudden death.  A horn sounds, team has 10 seconds to cross the room before all the white squares vanish.

Teams can exit by any door and the trap squares could be randomly positioned for each quest making choice of door important.  Maybe there should also be one clear route that could be hit by chance.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

Here are some ideas-
A minefield trap- The dungeoneer has to negotiate a chamber with many square tiles. Under certain tiles lie mines which should the dungeoneer tread on them, they explode. If the dungeoneer has a spell or a mine detector, then he/she is safe, if not, they have to guess their way across the room.

A tidal encounter- The dungeoneer stands in a wide corridor with a fairly low roof. Above the dungeoneer is a monkey bar which they must pull themselves up on to avoid a huge tidal wave that comes speeding down the corridor. (a little physically demanding) If they don't pull themselves up in time, they are doomed to a watery death.
Treguard: Oooh nasty, you never really got the flow of things did you team?

I like the thanatos idea a great deal and find the moocowthingy chess scenario interesting- a potential level 3 puzzle there.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

;D :D ;) :)
Well I woulnt want to be a dungeneer in the new Knightmare.... to hard fer lil me

This is a stupid danger stupid, but I dont have any other ideas....
A deep dark pit, but over it there are lots of rocky paths and once in awhile you can go to another path.
The hard part is that some of the paths might break under the weight of a dungeneer and theres are two axes swinging over the paths going down every second. One point were the dungneer has to go through a VERY narrow path and one at the exit. If the guiders dont get their timing right.... and if they arent fast anough the whole chain of paths fall down (when both axes reach the paths)

Kinda complicated, but its all I could come up with at the moment...
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

I'd suggest a room that teleports you staright to the end of the dungeon (im only saying that coz I want to go on it myself)
if the horrible people at televirtual refused me I would suggest a room with lots of patterns on the wall and Lee MacMurrays head appears and starts to describe the wall, if they dont listen to him the ceiling comes down on them, by the time hes finished they have low life force and have to run down a long corridor to get to the food or they die  :D
Fail three times and I feed on you!
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

Another great suggestion would be a, say, 3 holes
The holes have pictures on them and throughout the dungeon thye collect clues to which hole thye must jump down (problem is they dont have the trusty old clipboards)
If they jump down the wrong one you hear sounds that will make your imagination run wild (including will young singing, a cow mooing and some sickening bone crunching)
Fail three times and I feed on you!
Zeeky
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Zeeky »

Hang on, are some of these ideas where the Dungeoneer is blindfolded with the helmet? Cos in Knightmare VR, the Dungeoneer isn't blind. -_-;

Anyway, for another hazard:

If the Dungeoneer did resort to combat for one part of the Dungeon, ther would be a possessed suit of armor, and a sword would be nearby. The dungeoneer would have to grab the sword and duel with the armor. Obviously, when the Dungeoneer gets hit, they lose some Lifeforce, until it's completely gone. Of course, 3 hits on the armor and it's done. But, when the armor is defeated, the floor starts crumbling from where the Dungeoneer started, and has to run to the exit!

Howzat? ;D
The only person you can trust when gaming by yourself is you. When playing in a team, only trust in your team.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

[quote] :o That's right! You can make your own danger that you think should have been used in Knightmare, and if I get enough, I might send it to Televirtual to see if they can get into Knightmare VR! Ok:

A bit of confusion Zeeky, your opening paragraph seems to have a dual meaning.  It implies both Knightmare and KM VR.