Whos ur favourite knightmare team ever?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Funniest team(s) and your favourite team(s)?

Post by JamesA »

I'll opt for Martin (Series 3 Team 11) and Matt (Series 6 Team 1).
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

The answer to both is, "Barry's!"
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I don't remember thinking at the time that any specific teams were particularly funny, so I'll pass on that one. However, for my favourite, I think it's a toss-up between the two winning teams in series 7 (If I had to choose just one of those two, I'd probably say Barry's team though).
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

I'll split slightly, and go for a funniest moment. That has to be when winning Julie from S7 comes across Sylvester Hands in L2. Paul Valentine was absolutely fantastic here, firstly jumping down from the wall, and waving goodbye to a ... wall painting!

He then put on such a christian act and then pained look when the team very cleverly decided and Julie acted on it by starting to waft the ale in his direction. 'Caww.. I'm ever so thirsty' ~ and then by his great grunts of satisfaction/appreciation on downing it, his wishes for more, 'oh yeah, go on; why not?' and then 'umm. can I sniff the bottle?' were making it funnier by the minute. His ever increasing drunken act was superb, and the whole singing lark was totally priceless. (Da da {Sits down] da da [Head crashes against table] ......... FOUR dead goblins... sitting... on [Bang].) Paul Valentine's finest moment.

For the best teams; would go for them (all-round brilliance, took the Arken quest very well indeed), Barry's team (arguably hardest ever quest, and handled everything and anything) and Ben's team (S6) (directional abilities, especially on causeways) I think.

Favourite teams: Julie's team (just brilliant to watch, and shows comedy to great ends), Scott and Simon's quests in S3 (both pretty young teams, both tried extremely hard, made a few mistakes, did well to recover each time, and very entertaining - both unlucky not to get further, in my op.

Funniest teams: Ben (S7) - rather public schoolboyish stance did not always go down well - and Ben sniggering back at Mark Knight's rather imposing look before the quest started made it a strangely gratifying death. Simon's side-stepping lark, for the quality welsh accent, THE directional wonder, and the advisor's scribbling away while being read his rights by Treguard. Finally, Akash's team (ermm.. disaster) - but still far more entertaining than the hapless Douglas and co the year after.

Keep opinions flying in, good KM folk! :)
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Oooh, yes! Akash's team is one of my favourites because of well, how monumentally bad they were. ;D

You couldn't really mess a quest up more if you tried, really. :)

(Btw, no offence to anyone involved, of course)
Subject to change.
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Agg.. I disagree sir. Of course all sentiments regarding offense and everything are echoed - this is purely discussion how a few minutes of television footage are shown, and are never intended to run deeper to personal affect people.

However, why I will hold Douglas' team as worse, is because of the two real counts of ermm... mental blackout. Akash's team, if I recall, did at least use magic to good effect, and escaped the bomb room. Gets a point out of ten, as opposed to a ½. :)
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Its a long time since Ive seen much of KM besides 3-4 obviously.  As its fresh in the memory and as no one else has gone for it I'll say Dickens team series 4 for my best.  They moved well, answerd questions very well and I think hardly made any mistakes at all.  It may not have been the hardest quest ever but then it wasent the easiest either, you can only beat whats put in front of you but I think Dickens team would have beat almost any dungeon.
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

Martin's - If youve seen it youll know why. Its the funniest and my favourite
Fail three times and I feed on you!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Mine as mentioned before are Martin's s3 and Giles' s4. I can't remember Barry's quest though or infact any team not from series 3 or 4.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

Ill tell you a good team, funny, Julies hahahahahahaa
"Say hello to the goblins julie and ask them if they would like a present" Funny thing is, they didnt give july a chance to say that - the elf woman said all things in the dungeon value it. Hey wow, nice thought, but then again they hadnt got merlins spell (flying fox - squirrel?)
Galgarach
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Galgarach »

The gem i mean
dazcouz
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Favourite ever team?

Post by dazcouz »

Who was your favourite team ever to challenge the dungeon?

Well mine was Martin's quest late in Series 3 (1989).
As most of you know no team won in Series 3 and I think that is why I like this Series the most. Not only was it an upgrade on Series 2 with added rooms like the dice room, corridors between rooms, Merlins chamber etc it proved that only truly outstanding teams could master the dungeon.
Martin's team got deep into level 3 and had just retrieved the final bit of the chalice when Morghanna smashed through the stained glass window in the stained glassed window room and ended Martins quest, when he was surely 1 or 2 rooms from the end. Probable cause of death though was not answering Owen the dragons riddle.
The reason I like this team much is mainly because of how involved Martin is in the quest himself, usually the dungeoneer never decided what thay wanted to do and are bossed about by their advisors. Martin however often told his advisors his views and would ask them to speak up if they were whispering between themselves so he could hear what they were saying. This team deserved 10/10 for communication and I think were the greatest team ever not to master the dungeon.
Anyway what are your favourite teams. :'(
:'(
Idiustidius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Favourite ever team?

Post by Idiustidius »

I've got to agree, Martin's team is the best ever.

he was a cocky dungeoneer and the team had character in the way they went about tackling the dungeon.

Series 3 is rediculously great and will always be one of the greatest things of all time.

"walk faaaward"
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

Although they are often overlooked, I really enjoyed Giles' quest at the end of season 4. Despite their short game time, they did really well to go through the 4 biggest games of the season all in one go (corridor of blades, the wall, block and tackle and the transporter pads) and definitely deserved more game time. Also, they had a large enthusiasm visible, particularly when they were rewarded magic.

Another team that are often criticised are Daniel (season 8, team 2) and co. They seemed to have a great enthusiasm for the show and really enjoyed playing along. Shame they didn't win too!
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Simon, Claire, Debra and Mark from series 3 had the in/famous 'falling off the cliff' death from series 3, which had me on the edge of my seat, though that may have been to do with the piles.

Ross, Gavin, Fu-Wang and Sharsad also stuck out from series 3.

I really liked Chris, Paul, Keith and Ciarán from series 5, Chris trying to onvince Brother Mace he isnt a Goblin I thought was a brilliant peice of Knightmare

From series 6 Sumayya, Ruminder, Karminy and Zamina were a good team, as were January, Sarah, Sarah and Sharn.

Ben, Jonathan, Tim and Ben from series 7 was a team I really liked, as were Barry, Simon, Derek and Daniel, even if Barry did witter on a bit.

Daniel, Benjamin, Gideon and Justin from series 8. Now I know they get some stick for one reason or another, but they did get in to it.

Nathan, Karen, Stephen and Catherine also from series 8 stuck out for me, esp. the scenes whit Honesty.

So theres just a few of the teams I liked. They may not have even been the best teams, but for me they are certainly some of the more memorable.