Treguard Poll

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Treguard Poll

Post by Mogdred »

Yeah, girls were such spiolspots at my school too.
Look upon Mogdred now, look upon Mogdred and QUAIL...
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Yeah, girls were such spiolspots at my school too.
heh, so true!  Although I wasn't!  I had one female friend I could discuss it with, but she lived like 10 miles away, and I barely saw her. :(
Rising from the ashes once again....
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Mogdred »

But then the boys were all football an mud so I couldn't win! Well, a lot of them anyway.
Look upon Mogdred now, look upon Mogdred and QUAIL...
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Heh, most of the boys at my old school were like that too!  Either that or teasing the girls!  Heh, I got on well with them, being a tom-boy and all!  ;D
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I didn't have anyone to talk about Knightmare with either, at school. :(  It's weird how in general it's mostly boys and men that like fantasy/sci-fi stuff, including Knightmare. Most of the teams were all-male, despite the fact that KM was aimed at all kids. It's evident on this site too, there's not as many females, although the ones that are here are cool (all you males are too ;)). I don't understand why more girls don't like fantasy/sci-fi stuff like Knightmare and other things.  Does anyone have the answer to this?  ??? Back on topic, I like Treguard's look from Series 3-6 best.
Last edited by Velda on 31 Jul 2003, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Whoops, forgot to post what was my fave!  Err, the last four seasons.   In answer to your question Velda, I think it's because of the media.  I mean, most action films and toys are aimed at guys, whereas you'll see a little girl being given dolls and things.  I hated that!  >:(  When I was a kid, I spent more time playing with toys meant for boys than my Barbie and My Little Ponies.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Same here!  ;D I was given a few dolls but I hardly played with them - I liked playing with toy cars instead! When I was 4 I was given a toy garage and would spend hours playing with it and my cars.  The last ones I got were those cute lil' Micro Machines  :)
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Same here!  ;D I was given a few dolls but I hardly played with them - I liked playing with toy cars instead! When I was 4 I was given a toy garage and would spend hours playing with it and my cars.  The last ones I got were those cute lil' Micro Machines  :)
I loved those!  Heh, the only times I really played with dolls was when I made Barbie into a superhero.....  and threw her out the window!  heh, I was very disappointed when she didn't fly! ;)
Last edited by PhoenixFlame on 31 Jul 2003, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I actually had 2 Sindys (the old versions with the big head, not v. pretty), 2 Barbies (one whose head was a bit loose) and a Skipper. They were all given to me without asking for them - apart from 1 of the Barbies and the gym set it came with for Christmas in 1985.  I still hardly played with it though.  I had one My Little Pony (Cotton Candy, the pink one) but it was only used for display purposes  ;D I still have it now, along with all my cars which are in a box in the cupboard.  I think I'll look them out sometime and admire them - I'm not giving them away, lol!
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

I still have some, somewhere!  I didn't/don't take very good care of my toys.  Only my teddy bears! ;D
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I only played with one boy and we only played 'Sherlock Holmes Duck'  ::) (dont ask).  Most of my toys were animals (I had only one barbie) and 68 of them where stuffys that I made.... and the biggest of them was a white dolphin that was 2,5 mettres  ::)  I still make toys (its a hobby of mine)  most of my toys have disappeared.....
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

Lol well this has takeing quite a spin lol
Was i the only guy who had a Barbie?    ;)

Anyway i remember being at school and had many friends who liked knightmare.. took me a while to get them hooked but u did (okay only 3 but thats many in my world) We tryed to get on but they told us it had been takeing off the air.. :( other wise u could be speaking to a winner!  
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Mephisto, you weren't the only guy who had a barbie  ;D My bro got one for christmas once because he kept stealing mine - but then he got cross because it didn't have a pretty dress like mine did - these are things he'd prefer we all forgot, so naturally we bring it up at every available opportunity!  ;D
Gotta admit, although I'm a sci-fi/fantasy freak, I also loved, and still do if I'm honest  ;) my My Little Ponies - I have loads of them.  It's true though, far fewer girls are into sci-fi/fantasy than boys - I think that's probably to do with a lot of things, pressure to conform etc - it's really easy to see the unbalanced nature of sci-fi/fantasy fandom when you go to a sci-fi memorabilia fair - about 75% of the people there are always male!
And PhoenixFlame, I'm so glad someone else thinks Treguard has a charismatic air about him  ;D
"You're in a room..." ;)
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

You do understand that iw as jokeing? I don't want people to think i weird or anything.
I do in fact have a Homer simpson who tends to just stand next to me screen and i'm a big fan of Beetlejuice so i have a couple of them still to  ;D
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I used to like watching Hercules the first time it was on Channel 5, which I stopped watching I think when it was taken off. I for some reason didn't watch it when it was back on again. I don't know why but some of the things about it remind me of some of the things in Knightmare. I have a print off of episode by episode guide somewhere, with most characters in most eps included. One of the characters in one ep is called Lillith I noticed.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"