Treguard Poll

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Treguard Poll

Post by Purgatory »

Just want to know what was your fav  Treguard end of episode speach and look?
I think the way he looked today while doing his speach was pretty cool
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Treguard Poll

Post by Jebstar »

He always held his eyes wide open! I think he rocks all the time, not just at the end. Oh and I liked it when he said;

"Of course this isn't real, but neither are you..."

Or something to that effect. Excellent.
Cant even quest!
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Hmm - I think it's his voice that strikes me most about him, I love it  ;D and generally I don't like facial hair but somehow it looks right on him - I think he looks pretty fine most of the time  ;D
"You're in a room..." ;)
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think I preferred the way he looked in the later series'. He seemed to look a lot younger then then he did in the earlier series'.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I'd put that down to a slowly changing look.

As far as I can tell, there are three looks that he had: his 'mad' look in series 1 and 2, his knightly look for series 3-6 and his regular guy look in series 7 and 8.
Subject to change.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Series 6:

"Play fair, or fear play foul, the game begins at the allotted hour"
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I am agreeing with Mr James A.

His season 6 send offs were fantastic, and ALL of the end of season messages were super, especially Season 3.

Best look?  Well I guess my Treguard on RPG is modeled off later Treguards, but I do like his odd S3 look, he wore bronze paint on his face.
Last edited by Kieran on 30 Jul 2003, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

What was the one with Pickle where he said something about without the viewers, ('them') we (Treguard and Pickle) wouldn't be here, but what about if we weren't here? And then he gave his stare or something.

i like that one

Does anyone have a clue as to which ending I'm talking about?!

Don't worry, neither do I  ;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

^ no idea  :o

But looking at his early mad look its really quite funny.
But his acting changed a lot over the years
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

What was the one with Pickle where he said something about without the viewers, ('them') we (Treguard and Pickle) wouldn't be here, but what about if we weren't here? And then he gave his stare or something.

i like that one

Does anyone have a clue as to which ending I'm talking about?!

Don't worry, neither do I  ;D

I know I know!  You are talking about season 4 there, Roxxy my friend, which i felt was rather amusing in some ways, as it appears to be a direct hint to the viewers to keep watching.  He may as well have said 'Keep those ratings up, watchers!'  :-)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Hiya all!  :)

I think the most monumental speech for me (although I'm agreeing that all of S6 and S3 were brilliant) - I think, also contributing to the very fact that my fav. season ending is the red dragon pursuit in S6, is that very send off to the conclusion of that series. Mark Knight's explosion, the alliteration pinging out with every spat syllable, and then the sound effects and music with 'as for your Dun-geon-eers...    GOBLIN FODDER!!!' was chilling and quite fantastically done.

Then, I think it's partly helped by Treguard's apparent calmness behind it - his 'ooh, really!?!' (sorry, I struggle to explain the surprise levity behind his reaction) kind of stance. "Hmm... he means it, you know!" .. he goes on, as that sinister double beat starts to take heavy precendence in the background, with that single note holding the tension  - "...whenever the braggart brays, wherever the bully ~ hurls his abuse, there are always a few.. quiet moments; prepared to simply stoop.. and pick up the gauntlet." The caesura type pauses were fantastic, and it was a message that stretched beyond Knightmare - it was about all opposition that you face in life, be it bullying, hardship ~ there's a way behind stopping it, defeating it... I just felt that when KM starting reaching out to me like that beyond the gaming realm, that that speech would remain in the memory.

Yes, the whole red dragon incident had be absolutely terrified - I've got a post or two dedicated to that, I'm sure, and Fear's angry reaction was superbly portrayed, but that look of invincibilty, untouchable almost, from Hugo Myatt, along with those words, are highly memorable. I don't know what others think - sometimes I know I look into things in considerable depth, especially where words and meanings are concerned - but that's just some rather pathetic (in both contexts) thoughts of mine. Hope you are all well!      KaM
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I know I know!  You are talking about season 4 there, Roxxy my friend, which i felt was rather amusing in some ways, as it appears to be a direct hint to the viewers to keep watching.  He may as well have said 'Keep those ratings up, watchers!'  :-)

That's it, hehe at least someone knows what I'm talking about!
Foxxy Roxxy
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Hmm - I think it's his voice that strikes me most about him, I love it  ;D and generally I don't like facial hair but somehow it looks right on him - I think he looks pretty fine most of the time  ;D
And I thought I was the only one who thought that!  Heh, my friends all think I'm crazy when I mention him.  But then, they never liked Knightmare.  I could never understand why.  *ponders for a bit*  Oh, they always said it was "unrealistic".  ;D
Rising from the ashes once again....
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Sounds a little bit like my mum.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
PhoenixFlame
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by PhoenixFlame »

Yeah, my parents could never understand me watching it.  I had to talk to some of the boys in my class if I wanted to discuss it, as my female friends hated it.
Rising from the ashes once again....