Can we spoof Knightmare using Lego?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Can we spoof Knightmare using Lego?

Post by Picklemyfav »

Anyone know if Tim Child would mind if someone[me] spoofed Knightmare using lego figures, cardboard backgrounds and made up some new challenges using lego pieces and new characters out of lego. Skarkill, Lillith, Cedric, Elita and Pickle to be brought back with Lord Fear and Treguard with a few other folk as well.
It could be called Knightmare the lost series or Knightmare the missing series. Title undecided as of yet.
Just I love the show and have ideas for challenges and new characters and this is the best way of showcasing my ideas.
One of the new opposition is called Watt. Another two are called Cyclops and Frank. Also i have Catmen called Club, Basher and Hungry. I built them in the lego store.
Would Sir Tim Child [He deserves a knighthood for Knightmare.] be ok with that idea?

In other news.
Nearly finished my goblin costume for halloween. Just a couple of things to do involving making latex hands or finding make up stores for hand paint.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Can we spoof Knightmare using Lego?

Post by Pooka »

Alan has said elsewhere on the forum that
Mystara wrote:Tim has given his tacit approval for fan-based projects based on Knightmare. Provided that you don't misrepresent things, or edit/rebrand his work, I think you'll be fine.
so I don't think there would really be an issue with you doing some KM scenes using Lego.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

In the Knightmare 25th Anniversary Documentary made by James Aukett, Tim Child gives Knightmare parodies his blessing: "Please keep the parodies coming. More of them please. We love them."

As for Lego, you wouldn't be the first. There were some Lego recreations of Knightmare scenes in later issues of The Eye Shield.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

Part of my plan is to film it as if it were an new episode/series kind of thing :idea: ............as if Knightmare never left. With stop frame filming possibly. Some of the cast of old will return as a younger Lego version. As if twenty years haven't passed by sort of thing.

I plan for Lissard to appear in it as Lord Fear's helper/henchman/same role he played after Skarkill left.

Skarkill will also appear. As will Pickle.

Also GOBLINS. I plan to make the sound effects myself. All of them. Imitates goblin horn. :exclaim: :idea:

You can only make adults and children with Lego figures. Children are the smallest size with Lego figures that you can build yourself.
Talking of Lego figures...... I have made a Lego version of Tim Child. If he's on Facebook i can show him a picture of his Lego self. :D 8)

One quick question do you think Skarkill will be able to walk now or should i build him a wheelchair out of Lego? Lord Fear might have been studying the equal rights act and taken some notes. ;D
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."