New PC Game

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

New PC Game

Post by Fidjit »

]I've got a great idea for a PC Game of Knightmare... You can control the dungeoneer by clicking on it and using the directional buttons to guide him and use any alternate key to sidestep and other options... Use the mouse to pick up clue objects and to answer questions and stuff like that, that would work out... What do you guys think?[/shadow
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: New PC Game

Post by Malefact »

Sounds good!  :)

Thinking about it, if your computer had voice recognition software you could make it even more authentic. The computer-controlled character would have to have a bit of A.I., though, in order to judge how fast/how much to move.

You could give it a life force clock, too, that pops up every now and then. (Trust me to bring that up again! :D)

The only thing I would say is that Km has always been more akin to a text and graphic adventure game. Commands are given to the player. By taking direct charge over the player's actions you may lose a bit of the unpredictability. On the other hand, the game would be more playable and accessable if there was direct control. At the end of the day, it's a question of what will give the game the most tension and, above all, lasting power.
Subject to change.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

the interactive text knightmare adventure (there are 2 of them, i cant remember who made them...sorry. the second had a link on the site until the latest update) was pretty close to what knightmare flet like. the only problem was the whole options thing. when asked a question it had to be multiple choice and so becomes easier.

yeah, i spose it really does need a degree of AI somewhere doesnt it :)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Such a game should also take advantage of dungeons like the corridor of blades, so that they have to get out of the way in time, etc, and the play your cards right game, etc.

Another nice idea would be to have new dungeons, maybe more challenging than those in Knightmare.

And what about in goblin tunnels, the dungeoneer has to press two buttons alternatively to get out and stop the goblins from catching up with them. (A very similar system to that used in the old track and field computer games).

One of the biggest disadvantages is that it will need a lot of questions that alternate all the time, otherwise u will end up with the same monsters asking you the same questions.

Alternatively, instead of a game like Motley suggests, how about a more RPG type game. Something along the lines of Baldurs Gate/ Icewind Dale/ Neverwinter Nights.
They use a good engine, which can do spectacular magic effects.

However, the biggest disadvantage in any type of Knightmare game is enemies. Really to make a computer game fun u need a lot of them, but a dungeoneer isnt supposed to use weapons, so that idea makes the game very limited.

The only proper game that the Knightmare can be used upon is in a puzzler, but these are usualy very short games indeed!

Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

If only Knightmare had carried on, we would have had a proper PC game, it really bugs me that it was SO close to being produced, but these things happen :-\
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
KaM
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by KaM »

Agreed. KM could have done with one more year for many reasons. Series 8 was not the best, and left it with a slight feeling of injustice - but it was still KM, and everyone would have another series, no matter how awkwardly S8 left off. To emphasise the whinge, I might have had a chance to be on S9 if it had existed, so there.
Knightmarian. alphavillean. Marvellian.
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

A point and click style game would be best for Knightmare! I Think.

I still dont fully understand the sanity behind ending Knightmare. Can someone explain why it happend to me?
I Love Goblins
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

You want the "history" section on the main site.
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

[plug]

or the petition gives the main reasons ;D

V-points down to sig-V

[/Plug]
Last edited by Pickle123 on 17 Jun 2003, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please