Sorry if asked already but favourite time to watch knightmare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
ClaireFearsBlades32
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Sorry if asked already but favourite time to watch knightmare?

Post by ClaireFearsBlades32 »

Its probably been covered already (I plead ignorance due to newness on here) but what time of year do people most enjoy watching KM? For me its this November/December period where the nights are long as it reminds me of watching when I got home from school, knowing the Christmas holidays were coming and, during the Lord Fear period there would be a sub plot to the series finale. Help me I am 32 and I am still discussing a programme I watched when I was 6! No other TV programme could do this. Curse you Treguard!

*Goes to lie down in darkened room and takes medication to cure bout of geek-itis.
It's only a game, isn't it?
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Sorry if asked already but favourite time to watch knightmare?

Post by pjmlfc05 »

For me I would say on a Sunday as that's when I'm feeling nostalgic! Then again, anytime is a good time!!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

For me where possible it's 1630 (4.30 in the Afternoon Sgt Wilson kindly tells us) on a Friday afternoon also to recapture the running back from school putting off absolutely everything until done and then endlessly discussed with anyone that would listen, and quite a few that would not, and taken apart before the next one which was a whole week away. Alternatively it's good wind down material just before bed as it leaves me in an upbeat mood before slumberage. I do have vague memories of viewing in the shows early days of the Monday slots too but it was the Friday one that really got me gripped
ClaireFearsBlades32
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Mashibinbin wrote:For me where possible it's 1630 (4.30 in the Afternoon Sgt Wilson kindly tells us) on a Friday afternoon also to recapture the running back from school putting off absolutely everything until done and then endlessly discussed with anyone that would listen, and quite a few that would not, and taken apart before the next one which was a whole week away. Alternatively it's good wind down material just before bed as it leaves me in an upbeat mood before slumberage. I do have vague memories of viewing in the shows early days of the Monday slots too but it was the Friday one that really got me gripped

Thanks for the quick responses, yes Fridays for me too!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

ClaireFearsBlades32 wrote:Its probably been covered already (I plead ignorance due to newness on here) but what time of year do people most enjoy watching KM? For me its this November/December period where the nights are long as it reminds me of watching when I got home from school, knowing the Christmas holidays were coming and, during the Lord Fear period there would be a sub plot to the series finale. Help me I am 32 and I am still discussing a programme I watched when I was 6! No other TV programme could do this. Curse you Treguard!
I feel exactly the same way about it. :) The magic is still there, especially at this time of year!
ClaireFearsBlades32
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Hooray someone who feels the same, thanks Canadanne, I was wondering if I was going slightly mad for a while. So glad Challenge have repeats now. YouTube is great as you can watch it anytime but the full TV screen makes it really stand out.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Anytime of the year, providing it's after 10pm.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Always find it better viewing when dark outside.

Now you could fit that into 10pm in July or 5pm in January, but given the choice (and ideally) would like the show to be featured around 9pm on a weekend. (autumn / winter months preferably)

It's current slot of 10am on Sundays is once again problematic. It's invariably not possible for me to tune in at this specific time of the week (due to other obligations) so more often than not, I miss the actual 'live' episodes and have to search through Youtube for relevant material. (as someone else believe pointed out, it's simply not the same as watching in 'real time' on a standard TV set.)

We say it every time, but you have to believe one day the series will be available to purchase on DVD format. It would solve so many issues as well as eradicate any of the aforementioned difficulties.
ClaireFearsBlades32
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

EvelynMason wrote:Always find it better viewing when dark outside.

Now you could fit that into 10pm in July or 5pm in January, but given the choice (and ideally) would like the show to be featured around 9pm on a weekend. (autumn / winter months preferably)

It's current slot of 10am on Sundays is once again problematic. It's invariably not possible for me to tune in at this specific time of the week (due to other obligations) so more often than not, I miss the actual 'live' episodes and have to search through Youtube for relevant material. (as someone else believe pointed out, it's simply not the same as watching in 'real time' on a standard TV set.)

We say it every time, but you have to believe one day the series will be available to purchase on DVD format. It would solve so many issues as well as eradicate any of the aforementioned difficulties.
TOTALLY agree with all that you said. Such a darn shame we can't get a DVD release. It would be perfect. A big screen and knightmare at a suitably chilling time. I enjoyed Challenge series one n two repeats in 2013 as they were on the Friday late slot at 10.30.