Funniest moments

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: Funniest Moments!

Post by Purgatory »

^ lol yeah that guy is great.. really stupid,
And u never get tired of, unlike that annoying jester dude..  ::)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

All of Barry's quest was soooooooo funny! Specially when he walked into the wall!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
CorridorofBlades
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by CorridorofBlades »

I think this script say all about my funnest moment.

Dunston: "Why did the dragon cross the road?"
Motley: "I don't know"
Dunston: "To get his pension"
Motley: "But I don't get it"
Dunston: "Neither did the dragon, he wasn't 65!"

it was the way smirkendoff laughed! ;D
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Yeah know, sometimes I feel sorry for Motley, but then he asks the jokes but there normally absolute pants, and then he has to do a massive fake laugh and tell the dungeoneer 'that's really funny, i tell you what I'll give you a spell etc.'

I wish, just once, he would have said 'that's the most pathetic joke i've ever seen, i'm not gonna give you a spell or advice for that one, come back when you've got something funny'

But then he's supposed to be a happy go lucky jester so I guess we can't have everything...
Foxxy Roxxy
Werewolf
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Werewolf »

We can't have everything?? Dammit, thats my lifetime masterplan down the proverbial toilet  >:(

Oh, and "Sidestep to your left" remains the funniest moment in Knightmare...partly because it was so unexpected, and partly from seeing the team's reaction after it happened..."Heh, that didn't just happen did it? Wheres Simon gone? Simon...?"

On the Motley issue, I think he should have lynched the dungeoneer that told him the "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke. IT WAS NEVER FUNNY DAMMIT!!!
Assassins do it from behind
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Oh, and "Sidestep to your left" remains the funniest moment in Knightmare...partly because it was so unexpected, and partly from seeing the team's reaction after it happened..."Heh, that didn't just happen did it? Wheres Simon gone? Simon...?"
And the fact that they had very strong welsh accents that got rather *ahem* high when they got nervous/excited.

SiMANl, SiMAN, sidestep left....
Last edited by Illusion on 17 Jun 2003, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Foxxy Roxxy
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Here's some things I find funny:

Witty teams (esp. Barry's)
Treguard & Pickle laughing when something funny happens
Bumbling teams with bumbling deaths
Motley (especially with Sidriss).
Lord Fear's Spy Glass conversations (especially the ones on Julie and Barry's quests).
Sly Hands - one of my fave funny moments is him jumping out of that mural in Julie's quest, I got a fright when he did that! Oh, and the resulting conversation!
Smirkenorff saying "Mind the spine!" in Series 7.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yeah know, sometimes I feel sorry for Motley, but then he asks the jokes but there normally absolute pants, and then he has to do a massive fake laugh and tell the dungeoneer 'that's really funny, i tell you what I'll give you a spell etc.'

I wish, just once, he would have said 'that's the most pathetic joke i've ever seen, i'm not gonna give you a spell or advice for that one, come back when you've got something funny'
This post made me laugh so much! It's so true! He really should have just thrown them out of the pub for the chicken crossing the road joke, rather than doing that awful fake laugh.

I wonder if he's doing children's parties now.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

This post made me laugh so much! It's so true! He really should have just thrown them out of the pub for the chicken crossing the road joke, rather than doing that awful fake laugh.

I wonder if he's doing children's parties now.
Ahh, thanx GG *blushes*

And Motley (aka Paul Valentine) Is now playing Kashoggi in the West End Queen Musical 'We Will Rock You' I went to see it and it said it in the programme and yes, I did get excited about it, and yes, he is good in it, although his acting skills are sadly unused when it comes to fake laghter, such a waste of talent.

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I take it you like Queen then? That's great, 'cause I do too! ;D What's your favourite song?

Does Paul get to sing one in his role?
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I take it you like Queen then? That's great, 'cause I do too! ;D What's your favourite song?

Does Paul get to sing one in his role?
Yes I do like Queen and I've been to see that show loadsa times, Paul gets to sing Seven seas of Rhye among others (I'll have to think about the rest and let you know)

Bit of a difference from trying to tell jokes to dragons eh?! ;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Yep, the jokes Motley had to tell were pretty awful - I can't believe he thought that "Why'd the chicken cross the road?" was hilarious! Lol! I'm pleased that he's got a part in that musical - it's great! What's his singing voice like? I just wish I could go and see it - I live in Scotland and London's a bit far. Maybe someday there'll be a touring production, it probably won't be as good as the one in the West End but I'd still enjoy it.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I know someone who went to Scotland for a little while and they flew there. It took less time then it would have on the train and it was much cheeper. They had to fly from Luton though! Do you have any friends or any one you know in London or somewhere near by?
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

In series 3 team 4, Leo told a joke that Motley didint like... but he helped them anyway ::)
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Can you remember the joke, snowy, sweetie?

;D
Foxxy Roxxy