energy bars

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

energy bars

Post by knightmaredave »

what does everyobe think about the idea of egtting rid of life force for series 6 i hated the idea at first but if the walkingh man had been used more in general eaths and status it would have had more of a status especially when treguard said life force damage and it did not do anything to the walking man!!!
knightmaredave
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: energy bars

Post by Pickle123 »

well, erm...im afriad i didn't fully undersatand that post even after a second read through...

i think they changed life force because they changed the opening credits. the original life force is blainetly the cartoon knight d00d riding to the castle from...well, at least series four (havent seen 1-3) which sort of makes sense. Hence when the opening sequence changes the life force does too...anyone agree/disagree? hate me possibly ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Werewolf
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Werewolf »

I don't *think* the lifeforce represented the cartoon knight...it didn't have blue hair for one thing. But, you never know, maybe the Knight was riding up to the castle for a #1 haircut before riding down again to pose for the lifeforce pic?

And the lifeforce was definitely an integral part of the Knightmare experience. The tension it induces still gets me on the edge of the my seat (used to induce pant-wetting hysetria, but we'll gloss over that) . Although, as has been said before, the person who changed it to a cake/quiche/whatever-the-hell-it-was should be....made to feel very uncomfortable indeed  :o
Assassins do it from behind
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

And the lifeforce was definitely an integral part of the Knightmare experience. The tension it induces still gets me on the edge of the my seat (used to induce pant-wetting hysetria, but we'll gloss over that) .
Was it me or did the life force only appear to be very low when there was food close by that the dungeoneer could pick up? It seemed to me sometimes they could go for rooms without any problem and then suddenly, when there's food around Treguard would issue a 'lifeforce warning team!'
Foxxy Roxxy
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Was it me or did the life force only appear to be very low when there was food close by that the dungeoneer could pick up? It seemed to me sometimes they could go for rooms without any problem and then suddenly, when there's food around Treguard would issue a 'lifeforce warning team!'
Well, it still added to the atmosphere, especially when the kidsies are still trying to put that lettuce or roast chicken into the knapsack as the life force face's eyes are rolling out.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

i know but the helmut and face colour seem to match ;) just a thought.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Lifeforce always added something extra, and it was sadly missing from S8 :(

And KMDave, I didn't like the man to start with, but after a while watching him fall to pieces was funny :-)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
grumphicks
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by grumphicks »

Indeed time was rather 'elastic' in relation to the life force. It's always changing at a very fast pace when it's on the screen. Though, once again that's half the charm of the program isn't it? I would miss having the kids panic that they're not going to get the food in the bag quick enough.
We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who go Neeeow wum.... ping!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

well it depends on whats in the room at the time and if they ever touch one of the skulls or whatever.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The face was best, imo.

Incidentally, does anyone know how it was done? It's such a stunningly sophisticated animation - it still looks good today.
Subject to change.