Ariadne

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Re:Ariadne's lair

Post by Wolfshead »

Yeah, i always prefered that sub-terranian feel, where the dungeoneer seemed to be going deepter and deeper underground rather than going through the forrest to find a castle with a wellway that just leads through more castle rooms and another forrest. I'm not keen on forrest in KM as a whole, but I think they were a good idea in series 4, but there should have just been one forrest which would have made the season a bit less repetative.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Pendragon wrote:Also why do you think she was missed out of series 3 and then brought back for series 4?
I'm fairly sure that Ariadne was in Series 3, even if she didn't have a lair as such. Can anyone confirm this?

I prefer her Series 4 lair. There was the peril of the sticky web strands at the entrance, followed by the claustrophobia of the lair itself, with Ariadne making menacing advances in both locales. The teams seemed suitably anxious.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

There was a spider in one of the caverns, I think, but I don't think it was Ariadne - it was never referred to as such, was the same as the one used with the final team in series 2, and looked very different. Ariadne's room from s2 was used as a kind of prelude to the Vale of Vanburn.

I agree that Ariadne was definitely the most effective in s4 - the only time in Km, aside from Motley, that a character made a comeback.
Subject to change.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

I'll check on series 3 for you after I watch Lord of the American Flies this weekend. I too think series 4 was where she definitely fitted in the best and somehow helped to make level 2 seem darker and more sinister than level 3 that season.
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldude »

there was a spider in series 3 definately. was on a cliffside, yellow in color. but the spider seemed smaller than ariadne... i could be wrong
Sidestep to the left....
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

Yes, Ariadne in series 5 and 6 was a bit crap-series 4 was probably her best appearance. One possible reason for the absence of her in series 3 was that there were so many other "animal chamber"-Kar's Lair, The Shark Pool, The Scorpion Room, Cat's Eyes, Frog Chamber that they felt that the inclusion of another animal was unnecessary, and rightly so. Although I have to agree that the frog was a bit pointless.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I concur.

(And its rare I'm complimenty about S4)

BUT

Ariadne did her best work in Series 4. Should have retierd the character after that.

(Hmmm maby thats why she moved so slow in the later series the poor old girl was probaley getting on in years. ;D )

I also agree that that Giant Frog was a Giant waste of space and time.

Which is a shame realy as I would have liked to have seen a Dungeoneer CROKE at the hands of a Giant Frog. ;D

Lol It could have eatern them like flies with its long tuong.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Ah, yeah, probably did, so what!
Becxsmagic
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Becxsmagic »

Yeah, the S4 lair was so cool, it had a great feel to it, kind of dark and creepy-real "hide behind the cushion" stuff.
Whereever you go, there you are
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Yep, in series 4, Ariadne did her greatest performance. I'm not scared of spiders to be honest, but saying that, she DID scare me that year! I think the music and that creepy noise had something to do with it too...
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

I always thought Ariadne's cute, in a hairy sort of way :)
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
SemtexJack
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SemtexJack »

What a great way to make my return. A thread about my fav Knightmare 'character' ever.

Ariadne was at her best in S4, we all seem to be in agreement on that.

I vaguely remember a spider from S3 but don't remember the details. Pretty sure it wasn't Ariadne though, maybe a famiily member or friend :)
Lok'Tar Ogar puny Human