knightmare on youtube

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: knightmare on youtube

Post by Canadanne »

Oh really? That is gutting news, though we're lucky it has stayed up for so long. It's all the wonderful comments that I will miss - they greatly enhanced my enjoyment of rediscovering the programme. :(

We can only hope it'll give Challenge's viewing figures a boost (which is presumably the main intention) and perhaps bring a few more people to the discussion forum instead.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

phillwin wrote:hi just let you know sky are removing all knightmare on youtube i thought itv own the copyrights :'(
Nothing seems to have gone just yet. What is the source of this info?
phillwin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by phillwin »

the ealy ones has came back online it just most
season 7
fluttermoth
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by fluttermoth »

It is very sad, after having had them there for so long!

Like Canandanne, I'll really miss the comments, it was great fun reading them along with watching.

Can we now hold out the vain hope that someone, somewhere, is going to give us a proper DVD release, if they're interested in copyright? (*crosses fingers for a DVD with commentaries from Tim and Hugo*)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes I loved reading the comments and it's sad to see them being taken off. I do feel someone will try to upload them again though!

Well if there is any possibility for a future dvd release of Knightmare, it should be now. Considering the viewing figures, I believe it would sell!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Melusina
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Melusina »

I'm so relieved I decided to watch all eight series (and my favourite bits in series 4-6 ;) and in series 7) more than once before this happened, but it's such a disappointment. There seem to be odd bits still available but I'm not holding my breath that they'll survive for much longer. I'll miss the comments too - both reading and writing them.

I wondered if perhaps Sky might make a YouTube channel for them as Channel 4 etc. have done with various other programmes e.g. Whose Line is it Anyway?. We'd have to put up with adverts in the middle but it'd be better than nothing. However, as has already been mentioned, if making money is the object a DVD release is the only way.
"It'll look good in Ruislip"
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Sky won't have the rights to do so.
phillwin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by phillwin »

maybe it the challenge logo on screen and they popin back up
Peter
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: The new KM episode is up!

Post by Peter »

I wasnt too sure whether to make a new topic about this, but since you guys are mentioning it, I will quickly bring this up here....

Has the recent reemergence of Knight are promoted Google/YouTube to block all I nightmare clips? The reason I ask is because one channel in particular who shall remain nameless, had every single Knightmare episode on it in decent quality too. They have been on there for over a year and I've researched them quite a number of times in the past 12 months. Just the other night after I watched the new YouTube episode I went back to where I left off, season 6 episode 3 and it was working.
But tonight, they will not play on my laptop or tablet, and its now saying "unavailable in your country". I know I am in Australia but these were working fine less than 48 hours ago, plus all of the other shows the channel has are as fine as they always were.

I know of the legal issues etc, but there is no other way of us accessing Knight are, and I was hoping no one would lose sleep over a kids TV show from 20 years ago would be just left to its own vices.

But has the new episode brought attention to the series, resulting in all YouTube footage being blocked? I have sent the channel host a message to ask also.

If they are gone, I will be sad to say the least. :'(
MightKnare

Post by MightKnare »

Hello there everyone,

First time poster and happy to be among fellow Knightmare fans.

I do noticed the removal of all the decent mare vids from Youtube. This is exactly the sort of thing that pushes people into the domain of so called illegal download sites.

I have no issue with companies wanting to keep ownership of their copyrights. However, they don't seem to grasp that acting in this way is counter productive and alienates the very audience they are seeking to capture. There is obviously a demand for people wanting to watch Knightmare and I would wager a rather keen hardcore fanbase at that. Why do they not make available every episode on a dedicated Youtube channel (advert laden obviously) and make a bit of money whilst they are at it. Better yet, offer them perhaps for a small nominal fee, which I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind paying if the price was right. Sadly it seems they are content to push us into watching the show on a channel full of adverts every 10 minutes where only a fraction of the episodes will be available.

This reminds me alot of a similar thing a few years back where a friend of mine got so sick and tired of trying to find old Hey Arnold episodes, he tracked down every last one and placed them in a place for people to watch only to have Nickelodeon demand he take them down for copyright reasons citing lost revenue. Well suffice to say, I never saw a single episode of Hey Arnold made available on TV or DVD for a number of years after.

When will these companies realise that people want to see this stuff, there is money to be made and people will pay for it if the price is fair.

Sadly the outdated business model will continue in much the same way.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Welcome to the forum! And yeah... I can understand YouTube videos being pulled when they're officially available elsewhere (indeed, it makes sense to remove the Series 1 & 2 episodes now that Challenge are showing them), but since there is NO other way of watching Series 3 onwards, it really sucks to see them taken down. Your idea of an official YouTube channel is a good one, if they're determined not to release a DVD set.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

I'm quite annoyed because, as you said above, they are not officially availible and it was the only way to watch them. I should have download them from youtube because I knew they would be removed eventually, but I never did. :(
Gundrada
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gundrada »

You can watch series 1-2 on Dailymotion - but yes, ever since Geek Week, episodes have been pulled off.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

The problem, as I understand it, is that as long as the episodes are available elsewhere, other people are reluctant to buy the rights.
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

The idea solution is if someone bought the streaming rights and set up an official channel.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows