If You could change one thing?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Inquisitor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

If You could change one thing?

Post by Inquisitor »

HI this is my first post so please be gentle.  If you could change one thing about knightmare what would it be?  Personally I would have changed only one thing.  That is I would have made the series a little longer.  This would have allowed the series to develop a little more.  

How about this. The knightmare series with lots more continuity?  Every dungeoneer effecting the next?  wouls have made an interesting series if nothing else...

What do you think?

Take care and God bless
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: If You could change one thing?

Post by MoanaLiza »

Of course they definately should have done more series'
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

More plot elements (though opinion is divided on this one)... each dungeoneer affecting the next is a good idea.

And of course, it shouldn't have ended <¦-)

Welcome to the board.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

Is it really a good idea - I always thought it would be a little unfair on the next team. A team that badly upset Julius Scaramonger could make things worse for the next team. What about two teams doing the quest at the same time?
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

That may be a bit confusing for everybody. Also if you are watching one team you might miss something important from the other team, so I don't think that it would be a good idea to have two teams at the same time.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I love that idea! One team cooks up and the next team gets it in the neck...what fun! That would be like, someone poking Lord Fear in the eye and Lissard is the one that feels it!

^.^
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hello, Inquisitor!

Of course I'd have loved to have longer series, however a series must not outstay its welcome. As it was, Km came in fairly short bursts and no two series were the same. This resulted in Km always being fresh and exciting. If there were a longer series of Km, it would have to have lots more variation.
Subject to change.
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I agree, if KM were too long it would be classed as same old, even if it were different. Look what happened to Millionaire, used to be on for about short seasons, and now its on constantly, and I bet it doesnt pull in what it used to! (unless people are coughing!)

I would probalbly change the life force thing, cause it never made sense how some times it would last longer than others. Maybe if they had a preset time limit, so if the dungeoneers doesnt get to food in time then they die! I dont ever recall that happening before!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Whey hey I just reached Level 1!  :D

sorry to sidetrack things, u can continue now!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I agree that the life force clock tended to move disproportionally with time (particularly in series 1, 2 and 6 and 7). However, I believe that the life force clock is a very effective tension-building device and the new series should have one.

I believe that the only occassion in which a dungeoneer died of starvation (explicitly, at any rate) was in series 2. I can't remember which team that was, but they were supposed to take a divining rod to find a clue as to which door to take.
Subject to change.
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

I think a good life-force clock would be an hourglass on the original LF background. When it's full it's a green background, when it's losing sand a crack appears in the hourglass and the background goes yellow, then when theres hardly any sand at all the hourglass looks like it's about to break any second and the background turns red.

Yes, it's not as exciting as the face but...*ahem* *points to sig*. Also, the original LFC had a tiny amount of time in the green area and skant more in the yellow....you always felt you were looking at a skull breaking up rather than a face.

The walker was too random in terms of time and don't get me started on the cylindrical food-stuff.

Another change I would have is NO DAMNED EYE SHIELD. That kind of ruined the experience.

But, of course, Lord Fear would have to be present for it to REALLY be Knightmare. He's brilliant.

"Two-nil I think....nice one." *bong*

That was great. I don't know how they thought that quote up, but it sounded brilliant.
The thing about LF was he rarely interacted with the dungeoneers a la Mogdred, Malice etc. Was this for any particular reason?
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

I don't know about anyone else but i always felt that the advisors didnt get shown enough...some of their reactions to what was happening in the pool (or whatever they were using at the time) would have been pure comedy...

"ok, turn right then walk forward...straight off the cliff" ::)

id have loved to see *that* advisors face when he realised what he'd done :)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I think that the life force clock shud be always on screen, like in a bottom corner, and if they did this the walking body would be the best life force clock for the job.

As for LF's interaction with dungeoneers, I believe he appeared to dungeoneers more often cause of the spy glass, which I would love to see come back as it really was a good way of getting information rather from oracles.

Also in the spy glass, you would always get the witty conversations between LF and his lackeys, and just as much tension when the alert goes off and LF looks directly at you! Now that's cool!