Only in Knightmare...

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Only in Knightmare...

Post by Emii »

What made you giggle when you watched the series? I only started noticing stuff when I watched series three and then went through series five and six for stuff to giggle at.

Ah, Knightmare. The only place where a schizophrenic elf can aim a crossbow and fire a missile.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Only in Knightmare...

Post by DavidNewton »

I still find Scarkill funny.

Yes, yer Fearship. ...Lordship. ... ... ...Lovely.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Jericho6 »

I thought that team that dies in the bomb room on Saturday was quite funny ;D Even if it wasn't the shortest quest ever, it was quite possibly the worst team ever...
If 'exclude' is the opposite of 'include', then what's the opposite of 'increment'?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yeah!  :D

"Do you think that maybe sometime in the future we'd better start thinking about getting out of this room?"
Subject to change.
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pickle »

really the funny moments came from motley especially in series 3. "cliff. ha!" quite witty but at the same time he and meli together were really quite annoying.
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I was particularly amused by the scene in the last episode of series 7 with Barry, Hands, Romahna, the goblins, some stocks and a freezing potion.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

My Highlights from Series 3

Teams 6 Death

One thing that was hilarious was team 6 that died in Level 3 in the room with the cliff and were killed by falling off the cliff being chased by a sword(Hopefully you know what I mean)
The thing I couldnt work out is, Why did the team take ages to do something about it, they knew they had no spells to use, they knew the only way was to go forward(Treguard told them this) yet they still sat there wondering what the hell to do, I just found it hilarious.

Also Hilarious was Team 3 dying

they picked up a amulet and used it in the next room to scare off the goblins, now all they needed to do is drop the amulet to continue which they done, but they strangly said for him to pick it back up again(WHY???) so because they couldnt see him to direct him, they directed him off a cliff

Overall though, I found Team 9 hilarious

They directed him too far right once, and he smashed into a wall, lol

on the entrance room for Level 2, you can see them trying to avoid the trapdoor, and when he was on it, they thought he had died when he went through it.

And in the room with the Oracle, they thought it would be a great idea to take the door on the right hand side(ummmmmm what door on the right hand side, lol)

Wonderful memories, Its been great to watch a full series on TV again, so thank you Challenge, Now if only you can buy more series of it sooner rather than later(Hint hint ;) )
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

"Simon - sidestep to your left..."
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Stupid and/or slow teams really made me laugh, as well as when advisors yelled their instructions frantically (hello, Gideon from Team 2, Series 8!  ;D).

Who else?  Step up Barry and his team, Lord Fear, Sly Hands, Skarkill and Lissard!
Scott_Wilkinson
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Scott_Wilkinson »

Did anyone ever dream strange dreams about the adventures in Knightmare? When I was little, I dreamt that the dungeoneer was on the run in Level 3 with Motley, to get back to Knightmare castle because a giant witch was after them, to kill them both. The dungeoneer fell in the water, Motley tries to go over to help him, but when he turned round, the witch shot him dead with a crossbow. When the dungeoneer got out of the water, the witch shot the dungeoneer dead with a gun and laughed. Then the vision went to Treguard and Majida. Majida was crying uncontrollably, and Treguard ended the episode talking to the watchers, and comforting Majida. Weird or what? Who had a weird dream about Knightmare? :-/
The number one Children's programme of all time for me is, was and always will be the one and only... Knightmare.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Nothing as weird as that, but I had a premonition about the door monsters in series 4, about 10 months before it started. I also foresaw the red video library cassette case I used to contain the tape I used to record series 4.

I had another premonition recently: a series 1/2/3 style clue room (or similar) that was yellow. The wall monster itself was made of light (I think) and was purple. And Treguard's antechamber has a sort of grating on the floor in the corner.

Maybe I should see someone.  :-/
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I used to have a really bizarre reoccuring one about myt parents going to help the dungeons reform and they left me in the antechamber, and Treguard was there with this green gremlin type creature sitting on the arm of his chair. This flew off and landed on my shoulder and wouldn't let go, whilst Pickle laughed at me and said something like "oh don't worry it will either leave or kill you". This was when I was about 7 I think, and I had it again recently - about august time.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

No doubt caused by all that's going on! How old are you now?

It's weird how you can have the same dream you had years ago. It's happened to me a couple of times; I'd have a really complicated dream (with a plot that actually makes sense!) then forget it all, before dreaming it again several years later.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I'm 17 - just a baby. I actually felt quite good when I had the dream again :) Don't know why. Possibly the nostalgia.
Scott_Wilkinson
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Scott_Wilkinson »

How is everyone now that they finally got to tell their dreams that they had? Anyway, to change the subject, I also had a vision of being on Knightmare as an advisor, and winning a quest. It's always been my dream ever since I was 7. Does anyone else have a similar dream? :)
The number one Children's programme of all time for me is, was and always will be the one and only... Knightmare.