Episode titles

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Episode titles

Post by Canadanne »

71. In A Pickle - erm... is it the one where Pickle goes into the dungeon to help Simon?

72. A Short Way To Go - I initially thought Series 2 episode 3, when Merlin uses this phrase, but it could also be one of the Series 4 episodes with the tiny door! Or even the Series 8 shortcut...
I suppose you will ask me to pick one, so I'll guess Nicky using the jar of SMALL?

73. Higher Or Lower - I dunno, first appearance of Play Your Cards Right?

75. For Crown And Dungeon - I guess it's one of the Crown-winning victories, but which?! Dickon's, perhaps?

76. Brightlight - is it the one where Sarah's team mishears the 'FRIGHTKNIGHT' password?

79. Have A Little Wraith - could be the one where Martin becomes a ghost to pass through the wall?

80. Get Well Soon - ummm... maybe the one where Richard's team use a WELL spell?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

71. Correct: Series 4 Episode 8. After putting himself out for the team, perhaps Pickle deserved the last laugh of the quest. ;)
72. There is another episode in which Merlin says those words.
73. Correct: 7-3.
75. Dickon's victory was Malice Afterthought, #28.
76. Correct: Series 5 Episode 4.
79. The Martin ghost episode came up early on. :)
80. It does involve a spell, but also an outcome that might leave one wishing the team better. Series 1 Episode 8 was #20.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

72. A Short Way To Go - Series 3 episode 15?

75. For Crown And Dungeon - I *think* we've had the last ever episode before, so is it Series 6 Ben?

79. Have A Little Wraith - erm, is it the one where they free the cavernwraith from the talisman?

80. Get Well Soon - Helen's team in Series 1 unsuccessfully casting the spell?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Sorry for the delayed reply.

72. Correct.
75. Yes: Series 6 Episode 11.
79. No, but there is a cavernwraith involved.
80. Right: Series 1 Episode 6.

And onward:

81. Sly and the Samurai
82. Slow-Acting Faceache Relief
83. Strange Olde Worldes
84. Stabs in the Dark
85. Proof of ID
86. Spring Forward, Fall Back
87. Keyhole Surgery
88. Truth and Neil
89. Maids, Mages and Mills
90. Hun, Two, Tree, Adore
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

79. Have A Little Wraith - trying to recall the various cavernwraith encounters! The one that killed Claire?

81. Sly and the Samurai - presumably the second episode of Series 6?

84. Stabs in the Dark - perhaps the one with the Greyling in the dark dwarf tunnel? The Level 3 potion choice in that episode required some guesswork...

85. Proof of ID - this will be either Brother Mace or Brother Strange being asked to prove their identity, I'd guess. Is it the former? I think that was in Ben's quest, Series 5.

88. Truth and Neil - I think this is the episode with Akash's TRUTH spell and Neil beginning his quest.

90. Hun, Two, Tree, Adore - the one during Alistair's quest with the self-activating spells.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

79. Yes: Series 2 Episode 2.
81. Yes: Series 6 Episode 2.
84. The stabs are literal, the dark isn't.
85. Yes: Episode 8 of Series 5.
88. Yes: Series 7 Episode 2 - from '88. A loose pun on 'tooth and nail'.
90. Yes: Series 4 Episode 4 - from '90.

Thanks for sticking with this. :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

89. Maids, Mages and Mills - I'm guessing the info in your previous post is a *hint hint* that this is an episode from Series 3? If so, the Mills of Doom are only in a couple of episodes; I think it's likely to be episode 12 which also features Mellisandre and Hordriss.

If any knewbies are reading, please feel free to join in with guessing the episodes described by Drassil's titles! I'm currently stumped by the remaining five.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I can't remember which episodes have been done already!

82. Slow-Acting Faceache Relief - is this when Sarah's team dither for too long with Elita and then die?
83. Strange Olde Worldes - still stuck on this one, is it anything to do with Brother Strange?
84. Stabs in the Dark - is it one of the Trial By Spikes deaths? Ben's?
86. Spring Forward, Fall Back - have we had Scott's fatal jump in the Merlin room?
87. Keyhole Surgery - umm, maybe Dunstan remotely unlocking a door with the Reach wand?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Sorry, I meant to revisit this thread a lot sooner. I've left it so long that there aren't even 112 episodes any more!

82. Yes. Series 5 Episode 6.
83. It refers to Brother Strange's debut.
84. This one refers to a death from the earlier series.
86. Scott's jump was 45. Mind The Gap. This one refers to a middle series episode in which (unless I'm mistaken) spring was implausibly mentioned.
87. Dunstan's quest was covered by 74. Enter, Stranges, 18. Cutting Your Losses and 3. They Think It's Oliver... This one refers to an early episode with keyhole-related shenanigans.
89. Correct!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

83. Strange Olde Worldes - I think Brother Strange first appeared in Alex's quest when they were looking for a witch or wizard to help release Hordriss.
84. Stabs in the Dark - is it maybe the one where they choose a dagger instead of a divining rod and have to keep guessing which door to take? (I have a couple more ideas if that's wrong.)
86. Spring Forward, Fall Back - is it Series 5 episode 2? Richard had to buy spring flowers in that episode, and the previous dungeoneer had a fall?
87. Keyhole Surgery - oh oh oh, is it that one with the moving keyhole challenge that goes on forever?! Danny's quest?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

83. Correct. Series 7 Episode 6.
84. Not that one. There was a blade involved and it moved violently.
86. That's the one.
87. Correct. Episode 5 of Series 1. And that's all of Series 1 covered!

Further into the (')90s:

91. Bag of Nerve
92. Chris and Makeup
93. Fried Green Warlocks In The Wish-He'll-Stop Dungeon
94. Michael Taking
95. But Instinct
96. Market Farces
97. Brollychon
98. Lows and Highs
99. Losing Status
100. Oak and Dagger
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

84. Stabs in the Dark - is it the one with the sword haunting that killed off Cliff?
91. Bag of Nerve - the Series 5 episode where they use the BAG spell to capture Elita's voice?
92. Chris and Makeup - the first Chris that sprang to mind was from Series 6, maybe when he's disguised as a witch?
93. Fried Green Warlocks In The Wish-He'll-Stop Dungeon - must be when Hordriss gets fireballed by Grimaldine?
94. Michael Taking - could be from any point in Series 8 Mike's quest! I'd guess his second episode with Snapper-Jack and then his death.
95. But Instinct - surely Helen's death when they didn't use the BUT spell.
96. Market Farces - I'm guessing this will be a Series 6 episode. I'll have a stab at the first one where Scaramonger is trying to sell Matt an invisible sword!
97. Brollychon - probably the one where Ben uses that pronunciation when asked for the password.
100. Oak and Dagger - the one where Oakley advises Helen regarding the magic dagger?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

84. Correct. Series 3 episode 3.
91. Yes. Episode 12 of Series 5. 'Nerve' refers to the let-off when the team tried to cast BAG on a haunting, but in retrospect it could also refer to the cheek of the voice that ended up being bagged! (91 is an episode from 1991 and so on.)
92. Yes. The penultimate (14th) episode of Series 6. Chris' other episode was 9. Dragon Dropping.
93. Correct. Series 7 episode 4. A play on the book and film Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café.
94. Right quest, though the episode I had in mind was Mike's penultimate one: Series 8 episode 6.
95. Actually... yes, that is the one. Series 4 episode 3.
96. This was indeed a reference to an episode involving an encounter with market traders, but not Matt's: that was 37. Getting Caught in the Reign. For this one, there's a clue in the number I chose.
97. Yes. Though as I recall, Ben was misinformed! Series 7 episode 9 it was.
100. Same series, different episode. The answer lies in the wordplay.

Some clues for other two:

98 refers to the low of descending through the levels followed by the ultimate high as never seen on Knightmare before!

99 refers to an episode in which one team spent most of their quest in losing status and were then followed by another team that ended up in losing status for about three different reasons! (That was my interpretation anyway.)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

96. Market Farces - is it Ben's encounter with the rival traders?

98. Lows and Highs - presumably Mark's winning quest?

99. Losing Status - the second half of your clue makes me think Douglas; is it Series 3 episode 9, with doomed crayonless Kelly?

100. Oak and Dagger - the one with the assassin in Alistair's quest?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Did you have any more episode titles to guess, David?